ADVERTISEMENT

Was leaving the Big 12 a huge-

Ummm, I do live in a world of rainbows, lollipops and peaches, those are all real things. You...you do know that, right? You ummmm, you also live in that world.

And no, I don't think the NU administration made their decision based on that, if they did, NU would be in the Big 12 still. They made the decision based on what they thought was best for the school.

Money talks dude. Nebraska is now getting a $30 million check annually from the Big Ten Network. There's your answer.

And would have gotten more had they stayed in the Big 12 and had net operating costs much less because of closer proximity to the league. See, not being Smart does have consequences.

90% no it wouldn’t at all. Because your recruiting rankings have dipped and the style of play in The B1G is awful for NU.

NU has relied on great skill players for decades. The B1G gets one skill player and thinks he’s god. The Big 12 has multiple. NU needs to live and breathe in that setting week after week, and it’s crushed the program trying to be forced to play Big 10 football.

Hate to break it to you but the 8 mil you claim watch OU vs KSU a few threads ago were there b/c of OU! And a great deal of the country finds big 12 basketball on grass version of football unwatchable. I cringe when my OKC girlfriend makes me watch the no defense league.

Hate to break it to you but the 8 mil you claim watch OU vs KSU a few threads ago were there b/c of OU! And a great deal of the country finds big 12 basketball on grass version of football unwatchable. I cringe when my OKC girlfriend makes me watch the no defense league.

I believed you up until that part.

I knew the answer, we all knew the answer. What are you talking about?

The root of your troubles because you keep making references to Iowa is the fact it absolutely kills you Iowa has more more football games since 2001 than Nebraska..has 4 Top 10 finishes. Nebraska on the other hand? Before you can get to the national stage you want, try being better than Iowa to start with. For 20 years now you've been inferior. Will it be another 20 or more? Mic drop.

The root of your troubles because you keep making references to Iowa is the fact it absolutely kills you Iowa has more more football games since 2001 than Nebraska..has 4 Top 10 finishes. Nebraska on the other hand? Before you can get to the national stage you want, try being better than Iowa to start with. For 20 years now you've been inferior. Will it be another 20 or more? Mic drop.

No one cares though. If you are not in the playoffs no one cares.

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
There is ZERO correlation between Nebraska sucking and being in the Big Ten. Nebraska was going to suck regardless of what conference they were in.
Everyone seems to keep forgetting that Bo Pelini was actively trying to get a new job after the conclusion of the 2010 season. Changing conferences had no bearing on the decline of Nebraska with him as coach since he had already checked-out. And Mike Riley being our coach in the Big 12 instead of the Big Ten wasn’t going to suddenly take him from being a .500 lifetime career coach, to some kind of conference champion.

And people are completely kidding themselves about no risk of the Big 12 conference dissolving too. The entire conference was a gnats ass hair away from completely breaking apart. Texas was debating on going independent or joining the PAC. Oklahoma years later, still randomly threatens to bail. More importantly, Nebraska wasn’t the only team to leave, more than one team left that sh*t hole conference and they left for a reason.

The only two choices are this: suck in the B1G and have a Scrooge McDuck amount of money, or suck in the Big 12 and not have the money.

Reactions: naturalmwa
The Big Ten Conference is a better conference Top to Bottom.

The lack of Missouri and Colorado games annually take away from the Big 8 past.

Living in the past isn't a healthy life.

Nebraska has benefited from moving to the Big Ten. The decline from the Bob Devaney and Tom Osborne eras were not do to leaving the Big 12.

There is ZERO correlation between Nebraska sucking and being in the Big Ten. Nebraska was going to suck regardless of what conference they were in.

Your last year here, if I recall correctly, you played a close game with us in the conference championship.

I love winsipedia, little checking around you can find these answers. I almost didnt include the first 3-4 seasons, since you (like A&M and Missery) were bringing a fresh Big XII team, recruits and offensive style into a league of archaic offenses.

You all experienced instant success then faded after recruits from your new league took the helm. But, I just totalled the whole time anyway. Threw in some "bottom feeders" from your old league for comparison.

------------------
KU vs Illinois 2-3
Indiana 1-1
Wisconsin 2-4
Northwestern 0-2
Minnesota 4-3
MSU 1-5
Michigan 0-3
Penn St. 0-1
Rutgers 1-1
Iowa 7-4

Iowa State vs Iowa 22-45
Minnesota 3-22
Illinois 1-3
Northwestern 1-7
Wisconsin 0-7
Rutgers 0-1

Kansas St vs Rutgers 0-1
Iowa 1-5
Penn St 0-2
Michigan 1-0 (not a typo)
Michigan St. 0-5
Minnesota 2-1
Northwestern 0-2
Wisconsin 0-2
Indiana 2-3
Illinois 0-1

Okie St vs. Iowa 1-1
Michigan 0-2
Minnie 0-2
Indiana 1-0

- - - - -

Nebraska vs. Indiana 1-1 both close (prior 6-9)
Illinois 6-1 (7-2 prior)
Wisconsin 1-7 (prior 3-2)
Northwestern 5-4 (prior 3-1)
Minnesota 5-4 (side note: 14 games 1963 -'90 14-0)
Purdue 4-3 (prior 0-1)
Iowa 3-5 (23-8 prior since 1900)
Michigan 2-2 so far (2-3 prior)
MSU 4-2 (prior 5-0)
Penn St 4-1 (all 4 your 1st 4 years)
Rutgers 4-0
Ohio St 1-5

Ha, thats why every Big 12 team makes more $$ now than Nebby. Got it. SMH.
Just stop with the Big 12 insanity.....The Big 12 is WAY BEHIND on the list for revenue when compared to the BIG 10 (and even the SEC). How much behind you ask? Per Forbes as of this May, the BIG earnings were reported as $759 Million, while the Big 12 was at 374 Million. In fact, the BIG 10 is scheduled to be the first conference to surpass the 1 Billion mark in revenue. The Big 12 will NEVER match what the BIG 10 has and is. I don't blame some Big 12 fans for coming on here to beg NU fans to call for their regents to switch back. (Like that would even work..LOL!). That would be a HUGE thing to have the Huskers back for that dying league. But, as I said in an earlier post. The Huskers are where they belong and when they start competing for and winning BIG 10 championships, it will be unreal.....to go along with the pile of money they will get!!!! BTW, for the Big 12 fans who said that no one outside of the BIG 10 cares about those games.....well, the Badgers game at Ohio State a few weeks ago outdrew viewership over even the great Red River Rivalry...which is LITERALLY the ONLY freaking game anyone outside of Big 12 country cares about.

Just stop with the Big 12 insanity.....The Big 12 is WAY BEHIND on the list for revenue when compared to the BIG 10 (and even the SEC). How much behind you ask? Per Forbes as of this May, the BIG earnings were reported as $759 Million, while the Big 12 was at 374 Million. In fact, the BIG 10 is scheduled to be the first conference to surpass the 1 Billion mark in revenue. The Big 12 will NEVER match what the BIG 10 has and is. I don't blame some Big 12 fans for coming on here to beg NU fans to call for their regents to switch back. (Like that would even work..LOL!). That would be a HUGE thing to have the Huskers back for that dying league. But, as I said in an earlier post. The Huskers are where they belong and when they start competing for and winning BIG 10 championships, it will be unreal.....to go along with the pile of money they will get!!!! BTW, for the Big 12 fans who said that no one outside of the BIG 10 cares about those games.....well, the Badgers game at Ohio State a few weeks ago outdrew viewership over even the great Red River Rivalry...which is LITERALLY the ONLY freaking game anyone outside of Big 12 country cares about.

Imagine having to lie about TV ratings in order to feel better about yourself (as your entire sense of self-worth is derived from a college football team).

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

Imagine having to lie about TV ratings in order to feel better about yourself (as your entire sense of self-worth is derived from a college football team).

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

LOL!! I NEVER lie, and my self worth is not derived from a college football team. I actually have a great life. And, I rarely post on the Hawks site, let alone this site. Good grief , you have double the post I do. As for the ratings......Uh ya....

According to the Fox release, the game in Columbus drew a 4.6 metered overnight rating. For comparison’s sake, that’s more than the Red River Rivalry (4.3) a couple of weekends ago.

FOX Sports PR

✔@FOXSportsPR

[/QUOTE]

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
Funny how insecure you Big XII fans are. Almost like you know your days in Longhorn Network-land are numbered. Go beg Houston and SMU to join so that you can finally get back to 12 teams and really resemble the crooked OL’ Southwest Conference.

Maybe I missed it. But I haven't noticed anyone asking you back?

I think the premise here is, you left thinking it would make things better, and your program has dwindled to the point you are now playing competitive games against predominant basketball schools. (As many of us here in our "little 12" predicted)

I dont know if you guys would win a single game if you played a slate of your old north division foes this year. Kansas would probably beat you this year.

Why would we want you back?
If we took on a project school, it would be someone else with a more promising future... UCF maybe?

These days the BIG12>BIG10 in fb & bb. Outside of their respective localities there is no difference between Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois academically. None of them are terribly desirable outside the region.

Big Ten kicks Big XII butt in attendance numbers. Seven of the top 22 programs in the country.

https://collegefootballnews.com/201...attendance-rankings-five-year-biggest-average

Funny how insecure you Big XII fans are. Almost like you know your days in Longhorn Network-land are numbered. Go beg Houston and SMU to join so that you can finally get back to 12 teams and really resemble the crooked OL’ Southwest Conference.

At least it would be in the playoff scoring points

jokes aside. Not insecure at all. We just want to add teams back to 12-14 like the rest have. And, look no further than a team we all think would benefit and reboot with its old brethren. Consider it a compliment. The big 10 are all laughing you guys out the doors right now. At least you have ISU, OU and Kstate fans here posting which shows empathy, dumbass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT