ADVERTISEMENT

Vincent Giatone is coming home.

tos:
“As a senior at North Platte, Genatone made 136 tackles on defense and on offense rushed for 911 yards and 13 touchdowns. On the wrestling mat, Genatone won the state title at 220 pounds as a senior and 195 pounds as a junior. He also ran sprints on the track, showing off 10.5-second speed in the 100 meters.”

Athlete.

I’m curious where people think we’d have finished in FCS last year

Looks like he hardly played on defense at Montana even after a redshirt year. But obviously his athleticism is intriguing and he has three years to develop.

Why was Frost not interested in him? At North Platte he was a two-time player of the year by the O W-H and a two-time wrestling champ. He ran fast times and is athletic. The national talking heads are saying one of the major reasons for Nebraska's decline in football is because the state does not produce enough good football players. Letting players like Genatone trot off to schools like Montana does not help the cause. A player like this during the Osborne era would have become a Husker, albeit a walk-on, earned a scholarship and become a starter by his junior year.

Am I off base with my thinking that one of the problems with the coaching staffs over the last 20 years is because they put more value on a kid from Florida than they do on local talent? The Huskers need players from all over the country, but I hope they stop overlooking local kids.

I think every coach the Huskers have had since Solich have said they need to win the recruiting war in a circle 500 miles around Lincoln. Not sure they have.

Why was Frost not interested in him? At North Platte he was a two-time player of the year by the O W-H and a two-time wrestling champ. He ran fast times and is athletic. The national talking heads are saying one of the major reasons for Nebraska's decline in football is because the state does not produce enough good football players. Letting players like Genatone trot off to schools like Montana does not help the cause. A player like this during the Osborne era would have become a Husker, albeit a walk-on, earned a scholarship and become a starter by his junior year.

Am I off base with my thinking that one of the problems with the coaching staffs over the last 20 years is because they put more value on a kid from Florida than they do on local talent? The Huskers need players from all over the country, but I hope they stop overlooking local kids.

I think every coach the Huskers have had since Solich have said they need to win the recruiting war in a circle 500 miles around Lincoln. Not sure they have.

His measurable are off the charts, but there has to be some reason why he didn't get a single FBS offer out of high school, and was only a special teams player at Montana? Is he just not that good of a football player? Because many of his testing numbers would put him at the top of the NFL Combine.

His measurable are off the charts, but there has to be some reason why he didn't get a single FBS offer out of high school, and was only a special teams player at Montana? Is he just not that good of a football player? Because many of his testing numbers would put him at the top of the NFL Combine.
Wondered the same thing. What's the catch.

Reactions: huskerfan66

Did Frost ask him to walk on? Wouldn’t that be the interest you are looking for? No one else tried very hard to get him and he didn’t produce at Montana. Maybe his numbers are not accurate but his production numbers are.

Looks like he hardly played on defense at Montana even after a redshirt year. But obviously his athleticism is intriguing and he has three years to develop.

Great athlete but apparently not a very good football player at the moment. Walk on ? No reason to frown upon that. Hope he develops.

Holla

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Great athlete but apparently not a very good football player at the moment. Walk on ? No reason to frown upon that. Hope he develops.

Holla
I imagine Rhule looks at a kid that moves that fast at that size and is a championship wrestler to boot and figures he can do something with him.

No shame in not starting in your redshirt freshman year on a Montana football team that played in the FCS National Championship Game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT