ADVERTISEMENT

Upper deck seats

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
I will be in Lincoln for the Ark. State game. My sister got us tickets in the new east stadium upper deck. I have never been up there for a game. I would appreciate some feedback on those seats. Is it too high to really get a feel for the game and atmosphere? We still have time to sell those tickets and get different ones if the general consensus is negative. Thanks

One thing I have heard (I've never sat up there) is that during night games bugs can be an issue. With the lights attracting and subsequently killing the bugs there seems to be a "shower" of bugs that fall on people up there especially in the higher rows of the 600 level. There was an article in the newspaper last season about a woman who has to wear a beekeepers hat with netting to keep bugs out of her face etc.

One thing I have heard (I've never sat up there) is that during night games bugs can be an issue. With the lights attracting and subsequently killing the bugs there seems to be a "shower" of bugs that fall on people up there especially in the higher rows of the 600 level. There was an article in the newspaper last season about a woman who has to wear a beekeepers hat with netting to keep bugs out of her face etc.
Thanks. That doesn't bother me.

Never been up there either, but it looks higher up than what I would want to pay for. Maybe I'm spoiled.

I sat up there once a long time ago for a game with Missouri. Was Farmer the QB? Anyway, you can see everything but you are way up there. A little too high as I recall.

Think of it as the "blimp view". If you went every game then maybe it would be in your price range. However, if you rarely visit, then I'd upgrade to better seats.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I refuse to sit anywhere but there now. Usually come back for 1 game a year and will only look for tickets there. Easy escalator access to the area in and out is a breeze. The seats are actually spaced for people in the era. You can go to the restroom, get a drink and food and be back to your seat without missing a play. Love it up there.

If you like to see a play develop have ever coached or wonder why coaches sit in the box above the field the you will like these seats. My tickets are much lower but have sat in these several times and loved it. Also look at donation for these seats there are lots of folks who pay up for them they are a fairly high $ donation!!

Last edited:
If you like to see a play develop have ever coached or wonder why coaches sit in the box above the field the you will like these seats. My tickets are much loer but have sit in these several times and loved it. Also look at donation for these seats there are lots of folks who pay up for them!!
Back in the day I used to sit in the top row of east stadium and I loved it up there. Wasn't quite as high. I could stand all I wanted and even step back to the walkway access behind the last row and look around at the campus during the fall. AM radio reception was great up there too! Could check on other Big 8 action- KU, K-State, even Iowa St. This was probably 10 years before cell phones.

I sat up there once a long time ago for a game with Missouri. Was Farmer the QB? Anyway, you can see everything but you are way up there. A little too high as I recall.

Those seats didn't open until 2013. we haven't played Missouri in Lincoln since 2010.

Last edited:
Reactions: c3ntral08
I remember watching a Wyoming game on TV (was that the first game for those seats?) and they showed a dude near the top holding a sign that said "I can see Wyoming from here" or something like that. Cracked me up.

I have not personally sat up there, but I have a brother who has used those seats a few times since they opened and he seems to like them. From what I remember, the view is still good, and like mentioned above, the access and seats themselves are a little nicer.

If you like to see a play develop have ever coached or wonder why coaches sit in the box above the field the you will like these seats. My tickets are much loer but have sit in these several times and loved it. Also look at donation for these seats there are lots of folks who pay up for them!!
Sat up there for the 2016 Spring Game, absolutely loved it. Granted, the weather was near perfect that day: upper 60s/lower 70s, overcast. I imagine it's not pleasant in the heat of August or cold of November.

I occasionally get sets in row 90-something of South Stadium. Might as well be at home watching it on TV. Awful awful awful.

Sat up there for the couple of years. Can be very hot during day games early in the season. Easy access (takes about 4-5 min escalator rides). You do struggle to hear the band and are a bit separated from the rest of the crowd. You see plays develop very early. Easy view to the video boards. Rails between each row (very nice). Right under the lights is a problem for night games (bugs). Overall not a bad experience and there are definitely worse seats to be had

GBR

I sat up there for the Wyoming game when they opened that section. First and only time I sat up there. Not terrible, not great, just kind of blaaah blaaaah blaaaah. Now the seats are bigger and nicer, easy access to get up there, not hard to get to concessions. But if you are coming for one game all year, then upgrade.

I sat in the far corner of section 613 in row 1 for the Illinois game last year. The ease of getting to the seats, concessions, and restrooms makes this section of the stadium my first choice for seats. There is definitely more leg room and you aren't sitting on top of the person next to you. I also sat up there for the Northwestern Hail Mary and it was great to take in the entire stadium erupting after a phenomenal win. I haven't seen a night game from that section so I am not able to speak about the bugs.

I sat in row 89 in section 19 or 20 for the Oregon game last year and we all know how inconvenient those seats are...especially sitting with the Duck fans.

I don't get to many games during the year due to teaching/coaching schedule but the 600 section is my first choice when I do get the opportunity to travel to Lincoln for comfort/amenities/cost. Winking

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT