ADVERTISEMENT

Minny tix question?

Husker.Wed.

Athletic Director
Feb 13, 2004
Omaha Metro
Minny almost never sells out their stadium, like maybe 8 times in 10 years for big games. Stadium holds over 50K and their average attendance is 46K. However, Nebraska fans wanting to start the Rhule era and irrationally drunk on Rhule-Aid may want to pack the place. UNL didn't get many tix from Minny and I wasn't a big enough donor to get two, I heard you had to be a fairly substantial donor to score tix from UNL.

Right now seats on SeatGeek and Vivid Seats are ridiculous with the shipping and handling making even seats on the 20 around $500/pair. My question is do you think I should bite the bullet now and drop $500, or do you think when all the Nebraska people going buy their tickets there will be a glut of Gopher fans wanting to sell and prices will tank? Or should I risk buying at tailgates/stadium day of?

Minny almost never sells out their stadium, like maybe 8 times in 10 years for big games. Stadium holds over 50K and their average attendance is 46K. However, Nebraska fans wanting to start the Rhule era and irrationally drunk on Rhule-Aid may want to pack the place. UNL didn't get many tix from Minny and I wasn't a big enough donor to get two, I heard you had to be a fairly substantial donor to score tix from UNL.

Right now seats on SeatGeek and Vivid Seats are ridiculous with the shipping and handling making even seats on the 20 around $500/pair. My question is do you think I should bite the bullet now and drop $500, or do you think when all the Nebraska people going buy their tickets there will be a glut of Gopher fans wanting to sell and prices will tank? Or should I risk buying at tailgates/stadium day of?
I personally always wait and usually get cheap tickets. There are always people selling and the closer it gets to kick off, the cheaper it gets.

Have you tried calling the Gopher ticket office first?
I contemplated going to this game back last winter but myself and couple of buddies growing up decided on going to the Colorado game instead..

Payed way too much with seatgeek $ 286.

I still think it‘s going to be easier to get Gopher tickets than Buff tickets..Getting tickets tailgating or by the stadium is the way I would go..

Wait. They will open up single game sales later. Also, if it turns out to be a rainy night tix will be very cheap. Thursday night games are usually not high dollar games.
This 100%. 50,000 MN undergrads, more than half a million MN alumni in the MPLS metro and sellouts at one of the smallest B10 stadiums are rare. Gopher fan apathy is notorious. If it’s a hot/humid night you might be able to score a half way decent seat close to face value.

Have you tried calling the Gopher ticket office first?
I contemplated going to this game back last winter but myself and couple of buddies growing up decided on going to the Colorado game instead..

Payed way too much with seatgeek $ 286.

I still think it‘s going to be easier to get Gopher tickets than Buff tickets..Getting tickets tailgating or by the stadium is the way I would go..
Unfortunately, the Gopher ticket office is selling single games for ALL home games except NU.

OK, I'll wait, but many bar nights I passed on a decent-looking girl at 10PM to put the hard sell on the queen bee right before closing. All those nights I went home alone. Sort of made me jaded that a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush (no pun intended).

Unfortunately, the Gopher ticket office is selling single games for ALL home games except NU.

OK, I'll wait, but many bar nights I passed on a decent-looking girl at 10PM to put the hard sell on the queen bee right before closing. All those nights I went home alone. Sort of made me jaded that a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush (no pun intended).
Laughing Well in this instance it’s not about getting laid.. If you want to pay $500 a pair who I’m I stopping you, but I think there will enough tickets for sale but you’ll be competing with other Husker fans that’s the reason why we jumped on the Colorado tickets in February…

One wildcard is that there are a ton of Nebraska transplants in MN. Night game during a time of year that traditionally has great weather with a time that has been set for a while. Could be competing with Husker fans adding to the group. First Rhule game, division game, night game, should be rocking with Husker fans.

I'm not planning to go but for these reasons I would be stressed out on getting tickets last minute if it were me.

"First Rhule game, division game, night game, should be rocking with Husker fans."
Only thing that is a positive is it’s Minneapolis with plenty of motels in the big city..

Don’t see a lot of people through out the Labor Day weekend staying either..

Life tip: buy a cheap t-shirt of the opponent. Wear it to the game and scalp tickets. Tell fans you came back for your first home game since you attended Dear O' U back in the stone age. I've never paid more than face value, or maybe a hair more. After tickets are in hand, put your Husker shirt back on.

Life tip: buy a cheap t-shirt of the opponent. Wear it to the game and scalp tickets. Tell fans you came back for your first home game since you attended Dear O' U back in the stone age. I've never paid more than face value, or maybe a hair more. After tickets are in hand, put your Husker shirt back on.

schgvkt.gif

Old School Yes GIF

Vine Wtf GIF
Wearing another B10 school tshirt is cringe worthy

Got an email from the ticket office saying they had none for me. Assuming a lot of those went out because the next day stubhub and seatgeek had gone up almost 30 bucks for the cheapest seats. Hoping they drop on gameday.

Wearing another B10 school tshirt is cringe worthy
I never wore a shirt of the actual team, just a shirt of that color. Most guys have plain colored t-shirts sitting around. But hey, if you want to pay jacked up prices on Stubhub for no reason, I won't stop you.

Unless you just flat out NEED the tickets ahead of time, you are better off waiting.

Last time NU played in Boulder the tickets stayed really expensive right up until kickoff, but demand was almost entirely driven by Husker fans.

This time a lot of Buffs fans have drunk the Coach Prime Kool-Aid and they hold a lot of the tickets. I would expect a pretty substantial drop in asking prices after CU's opener at TCU.

Last time NU played in Boulder the tickets stayed really expensive right up until kickoff, but demand was almost entirely driven by Husker fans.

This time a lot of Buffs fans have drunk the Coach Prime Kool-Aid and they hold a lot of the tickets. I would expect a pretty substantial drop in asking prices after CU's opener at TCU.
After TCU wins by 35+ I feel lots of fairweather buff fans will be willing to sell their tickets.

I know people that do that during batting practices at baseball games to get baseballs from both teams.

No…I am not one of them.

Yeah, I can't see CU staying close in that game vs TCU. I think CU might end up being one of the very worst teams in the country this year.

That could help drive down prices a bit for the Nebraska game.

That could help drive down prices a bit for the Nebraska game.
For sure...and if you were a CU fan, buying tickets early and they get smoked in the first game...you are going to start sweating it out.

300 dollars a ticket now seems like a good investment now but when they get beat in that first game and more than likely Prime has a presser where he rips the players and lack of fans traveling...well...all of a sudden getting at least 100 for that ticket sounds good.

Yeah, I can't see CU staying close in that game vs TCU. I think CU might end up being one of the very worst teams in the country this year.
I hope that Colorado thrashes TCU. That way they really think they got the sauce, then we come to town and absolutely demoralize them in every aspect of the game.

Reactions: pahusker139

You can usually buy tickets packages for face value . You’ll get tickets for 3 games.

tickets actually go on sale for Minnesota home games July 28th I believe.

Last edited:
For sure...and if you were a CU fan, buying tickets early and they get smoked in the first game...you are going to start sweating it out.

300 dollars a ticket now seems like a good investment now but when they get beat in that first game and more than likely Prime has a presser where he rips the players and lack of fans traveling...well...all of a sudden getting at least 100 for that ticket sounds good.

You can usually buy tickets packages for face value . You’ll get tickets for 3 games.

tickets actually go on sale for Minnesota home games July 28th I believe.
Thanks.

One wildcard is that there are a ton of Nebraska transplants in MN. Night game during a time of year that traditionally has great weather with a time that has been set for a while. Could be competing with Husker fans adding to the group. First Rhule game, division game, night game, should be rocking with Husker fans.
Unless you just flat out NEED the tickets ahead of time, you are better off waiting.
I’ve never really tried this strategy, but has anyone waited until the game was well into the first quarter before making the scalper come down? I mean those assets definitely have a quick expiration date to $0

I’ve never really tried this strategy, but has anyone waited until the game was well into the first quarter before making the scalper come down? I mean those assets definitely have a quick expiration date to $0
I See You Ok GIF by Desus & Mero

Oh yeah...but on the bad end!

I had tickets to March Madness, first two rounds. Mizzo was in Omaha and got upset in the first round (Norfolk St, I think)

So, clearly there are a ton of Mizzo fans in Omaha and I sell my extra tickets to them for probably double or triple what I paid. With a lot of "Take my number for the second game, just in case"

Well, they lost and clearly there were no Norfolk State fans in Omaha so trying to dump tickets was insane. Ended up selling them to a scalper for 10 dollars each, right before tipoff. Just to get something out of it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT