ADVERTISEMENT

Unpopular Opinion

I know 1986 OU game ruined it for us, but when I see all of these recruits in the all red, I kind of dig them, and would like to see us bring them back. Do it against a shit team, but I dig the look. I know, blasphemy.
Was a good look except for the white helmets. You make those helmets red or black and it works.

Reactions: EastOregonHusker
Tradition… something something
Nebraska way… something something
Get off my lawn… something something
Down in front… something something

Obviously, the recruits like the all reds or they wouldn’t have their pictures taken in them all the time.

I kind of like them too. Let the team wear them. If the Huskers lose in them? So what. They keep finding new ways to lose in the traditional uniforms.

I’m all for it. Can’t believe it’s been done just once 35 year ago..

Was a good look except for the white helmets. You make those helmets red or black and it works.
Back then schools didn’t change their helmets to a different look for certain game or didn’t have alternate uniforms back in the day except for changing pants or jersey colors..

I’m all for it. Can’t believe it’s been done just once 35 year ago..

Back then schools didn’t change their helmets to a different look for certain game or didn’t have alternate uniforms back in the day except for changing pants or jersey colors..
Talking about using this uniform now.

Reactions: scarletred
was at the northwestern game with a new couple (wives work together) me and the husband were looking at the alternate jerseys on display from the past decade in the glass case in north stadium, I commented how I hope we never wear alternates ever again, he says, I love them i wish we would change every game. I looked at him and said, Im not sure this is gona work out between us. Havent spoke since that weekend. Dance with the girl that brought you.

I know 1986 OU game ruined it for us, but when I see all of these recruits in the all red, I kind of dig them, and would like to see us bring them back. Do it against a shit team, but I dig the look. I know, blasphemy.
It looks nicer now because football pants aren't shiny as hell like they used to be, so the reds from the jersey and pants match each. Wouldn't mind it, Louisville proves that it'd look fine for a game or two

Alternate uniform are one thing but when you have white and red pants as normal uniforms that you wear for either home and away games I have never understand why once in awhile wear all red at home for a game..

They sure did plenty of times wearing all white for away games... But Devaney was the one that started wearing red pants for away games in 1963 against Minnesota they would wear red pants up until Nebraska played Alabama in the 1966 Orange Bowl and Devaney decided to wear white pants because the Orange bowl game was a 2nd night game on TV and thought Nebraska would look better..

Reactions: leodisflowers
I know the official colors are scarlet and cream - but I believe the shades of both have varied a bit through the years

I personally favor the darker versus brighter shade of red

the cream has also trended more toward white than true cream at least the pants

Last edited:
for all I care, they could wear red leisure suits, if we start winning again.

Reactions: huntered
I know the official colors are scarlet and cream - but I believe the shades of both have varied a bit through the years

I personally favor the darker versus brighter shade of red

the cream has also trended more toward white than true cream at least the pants
I‘ve seen the basketball team wear actual cream uniforms at home, but I never seen the football team wear cream… Maybe the white is brighter now a days compared to the 1960’s..

Oklahoma football wore cream pants at home a few times recently..

Darker version of red is crimson… Oklahoma, Alabama and Indiana wear crimson but I have always noticed Indiana wears a brighter red for basketball..

I think the last decade or so proves we can lose in any uniform. Let the kids choose.
I was searching for the right words to distill my feelings on the topic, and you hit the nail on the head.

giphy.gif

exactly.. the two shades of red don't match and looks bad.. I like the traditional unis, however there have been a few alts that were okay..

If I was going to do an alt style uniform design, I would bring more black in with the Scarlet and Cream.. Think Yamaha Racing type of design.
36280.jpg

exactly.. the two shades of red don't match and looks bad.. I like the traditional unis, however there have been a few alts that were okay..

If I was going to do an alt style uniform design, I would bring more black in with the Scarlet and Cream.. Think Yamaha Racing type of design.
36280.jpg
We’ll consider you were a drummer in the band and never worn a jockstrap except for PE this doesn’t surprise ….🤪

This isn’t about alternate‘s.. It’s about the original uniforms we normally wear during the season..

• Haha
We’ll consider you were a drummer in the band and never worn a jockstrap except for PE this doesn’t surprise ….🤪

This isn’t about alternate‘s.. It’s about the original uniforms we normally wear during the season..
what's wrong with you? it's about uniforms.. there is a reason you are on ignore.. and you aren't worth my time.

what's wrong with you? it's about uniforms.. there is a reason you are on ignore.. and you aren't worth my time.
Nothing wrong with me I’m not the one that wants to make uniforms look like a motorcycle.: Go look in the mirror..

I would like to see the all whites and all reds from time to time. I give Scott permission to do it.

Reactions: Huskerpro

I think you need to learn your Motley Crue band members and their roles in the band before ever posting again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT