ADVERTISEMENT

UNI

cruelhalo

Defensive Coordinator
Jun 27, 2003
Great opportunity going against a run heavy UNI team. Take control early and play a LOT of dudes, stay healthy, play efficient and continue to reinforce the winning mentality. Stay away from complacency and focus on UNI and nothing or anyone else.

Not sure a lot of Special Teams opportunities will present itself but if it does, try some different guys. Continue to develop.

Great opportunity going against a run heavy UNI team. Take control early and play a LOT of dudes, stay healthy, play efficient and continue to reinforce the winning mentality. Stay away from complacency and focus on UNI and nothing or anyone else.

Not sure a lot of Special Teams opportunities will present itself but if it does, try some different guys. Continue to develop.
I think you gotta give alvano 1 more try. Basically intentionally set up a fg. If he misses this move on. We're going to need a fg kicker with confidence. But if they want to try someone new I get it. Conference play only a week away

I think you gotta give alvano 1 more try. Basically intentionally set up a fg. If he misses this move on. We're going to need a fg kicker with confidence. But if they want to try someone new I get it. Conference play only a week away

I've seen enough myself. But I'm guessing they'll play the guy they think gives them the best chance to win. I just feel at some point you let someone get a shot. The sooner you figure it out the better.

Holla

Agree on not overlooking any opponent, hence the comment, "Stay away from complacency and focus on UNI and nothing or anyone else."

Speaking of kickers, the Illinois kicker was 3/3 against Kansas. How big were those?

Last year, Alvano missed FGs against Wisconsin and Iowa. Could it have changed the outcome had he made them? I would give it better than 50%.

This is one position that this state could focus on. Producing BA kickers.

Don't have to run fast, know the playbook, be super upper body strong. Have a freak set of genetic advantages. Just develop an accurate kick.

Reactions: V-Doub

Should be a lot of punt return possibilities. I dont see any chance of a let down, UNI is not good. Castaneda has done good things, but is there someone more electric?

We can look past UNI. NU should be a 35-40 point favorite. They won't look past them, but we are fans. I'm already moved to Illinois and it has no bearing on the outcome of the UNI game. If they don't look crisp against UNI hen I'll have a little extra anxiety on Friday.

Reactions: GBRforLife1

100% focus. Beat’em like a drum. No mercy…

Reactions: 10Trvln
This is one position that this state could focus on. Producing BA kickers.

Don't have to run fast, know the playbook, be super upper body strong. Have a freak set of genetic advantages. Just develop an accurate kick.

Unbelievable and unfortunate that we can’t produce at least 1-3 legit D1 kickers state wide. Inexcusable really; we need some ex-Husker pros to start more developmental programs within the state. Accessible and affordable programs, provide special access and programs/camps/events for local HS and middle school coaches. It’s all about development and access to that training. This state loves football, if we provide access and availability to such specialized training we will produce pros.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT