ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest win since_________

Mack In Motion

Graduate Assistant
Jun 20, 2001
Since when?

Yes, I know we beat a flawed team that didn't in any way resemble the '85 Bears.

That aside, this was inarguably a big win for the program. On several levels.

That fact was reflected in the atmosphere in the stadium Sat. night.

When was the last win that meant this much, overall, to the program?

2022 Iowa when Trey Palmer woke up pi$$ed off and took it out on the Hawkeye secondary. Kept Iowa out of conference championship game. Still today their fans cry about injuries that day….like Nebraska isn’t depleted by final game. Ok maybe this isn’t the biggest win in terms of the whole program because we knew change was coming. I’d say since beating Miami about 10 years ago.

Since when?

Yes, I know we beat a flawed team that didn't in any way resemble the '85 Bears.

That aside, this was inarguably a big win for the program. On several levels.

That fact was reflected in the atmosphere in the stadium Sat. night.

When was the last win that meant this much, overall, to the program?
The foster farms bowl vs ucla?

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
IMO the win itself wasnt that HUGE. However, the way the game was dominated by the Huskers and most importantly the Defense is what was most THERAPEUTIC !

Reactions: arf_man
2022 Iowa when Trey Palmer woke up pi$$ed off and took it out on the Hawkeye secondary. Kept Iowa out of conference championship game. Still today their fans cry about injuries that day….like Nebraska isn’t depleted by final game. Ok maybe this isn’t the biggest win in terms of the whole program because we knew change was coming. I’d say since beating Miami about 10 years ago.

Great win but nobody thought it could be a program changer going or or coming out...all factors considered, ..."We're back and we're hear to stay" Clemson..... honesty thought at the time, we might have something cooking.

Honorable mention to Martinez carving up K State on a Thursday nite game if memory serves??? Maybe??? When Martinez was gettimg legitimate talk for Heisman votes and we thought things were trending up.

Reactions: SickOfPractice
Great win but nobody thought it could be a program changer going or or coming out...all factors considered, ..."We're back and we're hear to stay" Clemson..... honesty thought at the time, we might have something cooking.

Honorable mention to Martinez carving up K State on a Thursday nite game if memory serves??? Maybe??? When Martinez was gettimg legitimate talk for Heisman votes and we thought things were trending up.
Back to the better Martinez, Taylor? That was ages ago. Might need to consider the 33-0 bowl game victory over Arizona. If I recall correctly Bo proclaimed we’re back after that. It did launch them to a higher level the next couple of years. Then we changed conferences, lost momentum and then have been astray ever since.

Kind of a tough question for me before knowing what it might mean for the rest of this season and future years. I hope it wasn't just one feel good win over an old conference foe and it's the start CFB relevancy again.

A lot a good answers posted prior to mine. It was a very unique & emotional game. I'm jealous of all who were there Saturday night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT