ADVERTISEMENT

Tyjon Lindsey

I just read up on the injury, apparently they are no big deal and absolutely nothing like an ACL tear, which is muuuuuch more iffy in terms of regaining your performance. Right on!

Be prepared for at least a little drama I suppose

T-WAYNE...‏@tyjonlindsey 4m4 minutes ago

I want to get my story out and get it 100% correct as to why I released the news last night.

T-WAYNE...‏@tyjonlindsey 2m2 minutes ago

@tyjonlindsey ALL reporters are welcome to interview me at National Signing Day Feb. 1st at Bishop Gorman HS 1pm. Only way I'm answering ?'s

Tyjon tweeted that he'll say why he decomitted on signing day

"I overheard Zach Smith making a joke about my height." -TL :eek: (J/K)

Who knows what he reasoning is, but I hope he commits to Nebraska.

So is he comparable to DPE?

Be prepared for at least a little drama I suppose

T-WAYNE...‏@tyjonlindsey 4m4 minutes ago

I want to get my story out and get it 100% correct as to why I released the news last night.

T-WAYNE...‏@tyjonlindsey 2m2 minutes ago

@tyjonlindsey ALL reporters are welcome to interview me at National Signing Day Feb. 1st at Bishop Gorman HS 1pm. Only way I'm answering ?'s

Ya, is looking to at least a little drama.

[
"I overheard Zach Smith making a joke about my height." -TL :eek: (J/K)

Who knows what he reasoning is, but I hope he commits to Nebraska.

So is he comparable to DPE?

He is WAY faster than DPE. Lindsey, Calvin and Redd were the CA representatives at the iLLSpeed finals last summer---those three have speed to burn and then some.

[

He is WAY faster than DPE. Lindsey, Calvin and Redd were the CA representatives at the iLLSpeed finals last summer---those three have speed to burn and then some.

Yep, this would be speed we haven't seen in awhile from Nebraska.

[

I'd rather have Thompson or Lewis over Calvin if we get Lindsey. We have enough little guys especially with JD on roster.

I'd rather have Thompson or Lewis over Calvin if we get Lindsey. We have enough little guys especially with JD on roster.

I'd take all three of those guys in a hearbeat, and I'm pretty sure the staff would as well.

Calvin is like a more explosive version of Westerkamp. If you watch his video on YouTube, he already makes great moves to get separation and seems to have gotten faster. Calvin runs more polished routes than Lindsey and is very similar athletically. Tyjon just has one of the most violent jump steps I have seen in a while in his arsenal. Hope his knees can hold up under that kind of stress.

I like the big guys too, but you don't pass this up if you can get it. Just make a big target a priority next year if need be.

One had nothing to do with the other, NU wanted and would have taken both. I'd be okay with Hawkins or Holmes on Calvin's place, however.
Obviously NU would take both, I'm guessing that Calvin may have perceived too much competition.

I'm speculating that Calvin heard something at the camp that made him think other receivers were coming to Lincoln who he didn't want to compete with. Just a guess...
He said that the reason for his decision to commit to OSU was that he wanted his family to be able to see him play.

Tyjon Lindsey, we all would love to see you as a Husker for the next four years. That being said, follow your heart and do what is best for you and your family. From what I have heard, you are a great young man. Best of luck to you in whatever decision you make. GBR!

Ideally, we land Lindsey (slot WR) and Lewis (boundary WR) and then Calvin is forced to live with the consequences of his terrible decision.

Yes, I'm still bitter.

So can Nebraska make up for less height at receiver by using the TE in the red zone?

New England's receivers are short (one at 6'1", one at 6'2", and the rest are shorter). They have a great passing game.

I am guessing they use the height of their TEs when in those situations of needng a jump ball caught, but however they do it, it shows you can do it without height (although I want a couple 6'4" receivers).

Ideally, we land Lindsey (slot WR) and Lewis (boundary WR) and then Calvin is forced to live with the consequences of his terrible decision.

Yes, I'm still bitter.

I would love it if Nebraska could still reel Calvin back in too. I am not going to fault the kid for making a decision based on what his parent's want. Tells me he has a lot of respect for his parents and now it looks like his mom is starting understand how badly he wants to play at Nebraska.

So can Nebraska make up for less height at receiver by using the TE in the red zone?

New England's receivers are short (one at 6'1", one at 6'2", and the rest are shorter). They have a great passing game.

I am guessing they use the height of their TEs when in those situations of needng a jump ball caught, but however they do it, it shows you can do it without height (although I want a couple 6'4" receivers).

I had the same concern because I always thought Reilly was 6'3 or 6'4 and then I looked it up and he is listed at 6'1. Westy is listed at 6'0 and Moore at 6'2.

So we aren't losing a lot of height, which surprised me.

But yes, I think some of the extremely tall TEs we've looked at and that are coming in will be schemed into red zone targets.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
There's a whole bunch of ways to skin a cat. New England has a great passing game because of the guy throwing the rock.

If Lee has vision and accuracy, it wouldn't really matter a whole heck of a lot who is catching the ball.

One thing to think about, most college teams aren't terribly deep at corner. If you put DPE, Lindsey, Calvin, and Spielman on the field all at the same time, none of them are very big but all are pretty fast and can break your ankles. No college team is to be 4 deep in coverage to man those guys up for very long at all, one of them should be fairly wide open, in which case, again, its not a huge deal how big the guy is at that point.

There's a whole bunch of ways to skin a cat. New England has a great passing game because of the guy throwing the rock.

If Lee has vision and accuracy, it wouldn't really matter a whole heck of a lot who is catching the ball.

One thing to think about, most college teams aren't terribly deep at corner. If you put DPE, Lindsey, Calvin, and Spielman on the field all at the same time, none of them are very big but all are pretty fast and can break your ankles. No college team is to be 4 deep in coverage to man those guys up for very long at all, one of them should be fairly wide open, in which case, again, its not a huge deal how big the guy is at that point.

Imagine going spread formation with those guys out there and Ozigbo in the backfield. Or pound Ozigbo for a first down or two then shuttle in the "speed unit" and go up-tempo...

In other news, looks like Penn State has offered Lindsey. Hope that's not an issue and we can close this deal ASAP.

Imagine going spread formation with those guys out there and Ozigbo in the backfield. Or pound Ozigbo for a first down or two then shuttle in the "speed unit" and go up-tempo...

In other news, looks like Penn State has offered Lindsey. Hope that's not an issue and we can close this deal ASAP.

I don't see another coach getting close to the relationship he has with dub

I hope not, but Lindsey tweeted about the offer...
He also was offered and tweeted about Ole Mi$$ and MSU. I think he will be N.
CiHYOuDUoAE-qOO.jpg:large

Last edited:

Yes, I'm still bitter.

This is an extremely petty way to look at things. Ideally, all three come and whoever loses the position battle transfers so we can give that scholarship in a year or two and not wait five.

Reactions: HuskerO

Yes, I'm still bitter.

Just curious, if you had a son who made a mistake at a relatively young age, would you enjoy watching him not getting a chance to correct his mistake and also having to put up with others holding it over his head for years down the road?

Just curious, if you had a son who made a mistake at a relatively young age, would you enjoy watching him not getting a chance to correct his mistake and also having to put up with others holding it over his head for years down the road?

His parents (mom) made the decision. If you haven't read the OWH article, she makes it clear what happened. Me personally, I wouldn't take him after what happened but that's just me.

Reactions: Doniphan89
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT