ADVERTISEMENT

Tyjon Lindsey

Two questions:

Does HTO mean Husker Tim Omaha? If so, that guy is awesome.

Second, define "re-initiated contact"...

Also, if we land Tyjon Lindsey, why would we need Calvin? They're both elite slot receivers, right?

We were recruiting both, and were willing to take both, a long time ago. I don't think we're in a position to be overly and picky and choosy over which format these elite receivers come in. Might have to get a big guy next year.

Reactions: headcard
Two questions:

Also, if we land Tyjon Lindsey, why would we need Calvin? They're both elite slot receivers, right?

Well its the dead period so it'd have to be by phone or text, maybe Facetime. From Tim's post, it appears Calvin initiated.

This is interesting news. I am not going to get too worked up yet. We have been burned too many times before in these situations but it does seem promising. Winking

Two questions:

He got in touch with the staff after the AAA Game.

It is my understanding that after Lindsey the staff will definitely take one more WR but would take two if they are the "right" ones...Hawkins, Holmes, Thompson, and yes, Calvin still in play (all are very fluid right now). Which ones the coaches consider must take, no idea.

Anyone know who else he's favoring? Oregon, USC?
Because of my hype of Darnay Holmes only to look like an idiot afterwards. I am going to temper my emotion toward this one. To your question supposedly Riley will have an inhome with him after the dead period is over, and we are "Supposedly" the only player in this

Because of my hype of Darnay Holmes only to look like an idiot afterwards. I am going to temper my emotion toward this one. To your question supposedly Riley will have an inhome with him after the dead period is over, and we are "Supposedly" the only player in this

Oregon fans seem to think they have a chance if that means anything.

We were recruiting both, and were willing to take both, a long time ago. I don't think we're in a position to be overly and picky and choosy over which format these elite receivers come in. Might have to get a big guy next year.

I might have misspoke here. I'm forgetting about Bryan Thompson who is a bigger body and still has his visit here. Another top choice as well.

The connection with KW is too strong to overcome in this one. Coach Dubb really busted his butt this year and never gave up. Let's see what happens

Tyjon tore his meniscus in his right knee.

He was a 4-5 star depending on which service and when you referenced said service. Regardless, he is a top WR recruit nationally.

Bookie is indeed his cousin and Bookie has transferred to IMG Academy in Florida and is a top 10 CB recruit.

"Ideal/perfect" scenario would be landing Lindsey and Lewis. Having a slot receiver of Lindsey's caliber and then a 6'2" WR of Lewis' caliber and bolstered with Keyshawn and McQuitty. It would be a very formidable WR group.

I would just like to know the reason behind the decommitment. Is he not liking the new OC? Martel and him get in a quarrel? Nebraska always weighing in the back of his mind?
His last visit here he looked very unenthusiastic in the videos and even seemed irritated by KW touching his shoulders. Was that him perhaps trying to convince himself that he didn't like it here and that tOSU is better of the two (despite deep down feeling differently)?

Reactions: brianm1202
Tyjon tore his meniscus in his right knee.

He was a 4-5 star depending on which service and when you referenced said service. Regardless, he is a top WR recruit nationally.

Bookie is indeed his cousin and Bookie has transferred to IMG Academy in Florida and is a top 10 CB recruit.

"Ideal/perfect" scenario would be landing Lindsey and Lewis. Having a slot receiver of Lindsey's caliber and then a 6'2" WR of Lewis' caliber and bolstered with Keyshawn and McQuitty. It would be a very formidable WR group.

I would just like to know the reason behind the decommitment. Is he not liking the new OC? Martel and him get in a quarrel? Nebraska always weighing in the back of his mind?
His last visit here he looked very unenthusiastic in the videos and even seemed irritated by KW touching his shoulders. Was that him perhaps trying to convince himself that he didn't like it here and that tOSU is better of the two (despite deep down feeling differently)?

The last time I saw coach dub and Tyjon together Tyjon was having a GREAT time

We have at least 7 spots left open; I think we'll take two more WR's depending on who wants in, and Lindsey would be at the top of our list. The thing is though, taking him and Calvin means we grab two slot guys in one class. McQuitty is not quite 6 feet tall, and Johnson is 6'1", sooo is that enough to cover all receiver positions? Just curious.

Maybe that is his "all business" face/game face and KW was trying to get him to smile?

He looked very impressive in that video though!

I also believe he was in his game zone. Just trying to show off his abilities. His speed has to have KW drooling.

IMO we'll be in it right up until NSD with Lindsey. As for the FNL video, it could have been his game face, it could have been OSU WR coach Zach Smith was in his ear negative-recruiting against Nebraska... who knows. Now that he decommitted, N needs to lock in on signing this kid. Even though bleacher report did not have Nebraska in his final 4 when he committed to OSU in December, he was quoted saying it was really between OSU and Nebraska. Nebraska needs this kid. He has a pep in his step that not many players do not have.

I would hope everyone feels this way after AAA. No sure things in recruiting, and crystal balls seem to have a "reverse psychology" effect on some of these youngsters that want to do something unexpected. Sit back and hope for the best, but shouldn't start saying they are "N" until papers signed. Travis Lewis from OU says hello. That one hurt

Reactions: WHCSC and TwinsRRUs
Adding players like Lindsey could really help speed up the transition to what Coach Riley wants to run on offense. This would be a fantastic flip, hope they can close him! Easiest way to shut up the naysayers is to win and successfully land big time players like this.

We have at least 7 spots left open; I think we'll take two more WR's depending on who wants in, and Lindsey would be at the top of our list. The thing is though, taking him and Calvin means we grab two slot guys in one class. McQuitty is not quite 6 feet tall, and Johnson is 6'1", sooo is that enough to cover all receiver positions? Just curious.

One website listed him at 5' 11" in April of 2015. (Would have linked but the website brought up a virus popup after fully loading and I don't want anyone to click on it.)

This 247 website has him listed at 5' 11-1/2".

An ESPN website has him listed at 6' 0".

An dataomaha.com website has his listed at 6' 0" on the left side of the screen, but the second sentence in the article says he is 6' 2".

This CFN Scout website lists him at 6' 2".

Makes me wonder if he has been growing since a couple years ago or if he is 5' 11-1/2" and his high school roster fudged his height a little and some sites ran with it to claim he is 6' 2".

Hair? Fletch was quoted as quite a bit taller with his hair in his dream of playing for the Lakers :):p:D

GBR

Reactions: wkato
Be prepared for at least a little drama I suppose

T-WAYNE...‏@tyjonlindsey 4m4 minutes ago

I want to get my story out and get it 100% correct as to why I released the news last night.

T-WAYNE...‏@tyjonlindsey 2m2 minutes ago

@tyjonlindsey ALL reporters are welcome to interview me at National Signing Day Feb. 1st at Bishop Gorman HS 1pm. Only way I'm answering ?'s

I see he had a season ending knee injury, may have something or nothing to do with it.
I think this injury is why he dropped to a 4* on rivals but it's not a big deal meniscus tear that he is choosing to get repaired as opposed to removed make for a much longer rehab than the 1-2 weeks for the removal but the injury itself is not anywhere near as serious as am ACL etc. My daughter had it done and the rehab was slow to start but once it started it went quick with no ill affects

Reactions: Tklim2430
I think he tweeted that he plans to run track this year, so I'm not too worried about the knee injury.

Reactions: blackbones
ADVERTISEMENT