ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Fair, Hickman and Henrich, Zavier Betts

Embarrassing
Kiss my ass... and screw you! I just am telling you what I know and it ended up being incorrect information... i am not the least bit embarassed... do you feel all big and tough now?

Not in the mood buddy!

Maybe just be quiet next time? Just spit balling here.
I'll be quiet when I don't have information... as of yesterday at 7:30 PM my cousin said every thing he knows is that Nebraska is not in the mix. He works at Burke, so I felt it was legit info. Like I said... do you you feel all big and tough now? I am happy we got him, and wasn't expecting it

I'll be quiet when I don't have information... as of yesterday at 7:30 PM my cousin said every thing he knows is that Nebraska is not in the mix. He works at Burke, so I felt it was legit info. Like I said... do you you feel all big and tough now? I am happy we got him, and wasn't expecting it
Why would I feel big and tough? calling out someone who had absolutely no idea what they were talking about in hindsight doesn’t make someone tough, it just means I can read.

I was crystal clear... you obviously missed one of my posts

"Although it may be my cousin that works at Burke, my info is still just that... someone else's interpretation of what will happen with a recruit. I'm sure he doesn't know them real well, but I'm sure he wouldn't lie to me about something like that. Frost may convince them both Nebraska is better for some reason and they may agree. The only people that know where those two are going are themselves and possibly their families."

Did you read that one Richard?

Reactions: WHCSC
Sounds like Hickman is probably headed out of state. Thankfully, we are pretty loaded with young talent at tight end (Rafdal, Allen, Jurgens, LeGrone).

Henrich was the one we couldn't afford to miss out on, great job by the staff.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Looks like Tony Fair is announcing tomorrow, and that he's still 100% predicted to pick NU. Guy is a boulder of a human at 6'3" and 330 pounds. Has classic Nose Tackle written all over him. Though he and Anderson are currently unrated prospects on 247 Sports, I am guessing they will wind up being at least mid-level 3 star players, right?

Henrich: Looks like he and Hickman both are being extremely coy about staying in state vs leaving Nebraska to play somewhere else. Something tells me that while both are excellent prospects, there may be a bit of "Well, I just feel like leaving the area" to them. If that is truly the case, it is hard to imagine how we land either or both of them. Kind of a bummer, but just being realistic.

Lastly, Zavier Betts appears to love UNL and the coaching staff, and he's an extremely high-rated 4 star, close to 5 star WR at Bellevue West! He's a 2020 prospect, but probably the highest rated one I've ever seen in the modern era come out of this state. So we've got THAT going for us.

Thoughts on the above and any other recruits that may be making some noise soon?

Any ideas on why Zavier Betts, with such a high rating and Rivals100 (#58), is not getting offers from better schools at this point - Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, Purdue, South Dakota State, and Nebraska? Too early in recruiting cycle, or is the a reflection of the respect other programs have for Nebraska's high school talent?

No offense here brotha, but it appears you had no news to give. You assured us Henrichs was a Badger and the SuckEyes fan was right. Wow, boy was you dead wrong. I’d simply say “my bad guys, got some bad info and automatically assumed it was legit”, instead of coping an attitude with the Huskers fans calling you out on the info you thought was legit. Sorry but I don’t feel bad for you, even more so when you back a Iowa SuckEyes fan.

No offense here brotha, but it appears you had no news to give. You assured us Henrichs was a Badger and the SuckEyes fan was right. Wow, boy was you dead wrong. I’d simply say “my bad guys, got some bad info and automatically assumed it was legit”, instead of coping an attitude with the Huskers fans calling you out on the info you thought was legit. Sorry but I don’t feel bad for you, even more so when you back a Iowa SuckEyes fan.
I don't need to say "my bad" for anything. You need to read what I posted at 4:20 on Thursday and then reposted at 11:16 last night. Your comments are idiotic and I could give a rats a$$ if you feel bad for me or not

Also why the hell would I be happy about the info I had... You assume I hate Nebraska or something?

Last edited:
I honestly can’t remember seeing anyone claim we didn’t want Henrichs, not even one.
Look at posts 68 and 70 itt. While not flat out saying they do not want him, it was said that he wouldn’t be missed if he went elsewhere and don’t see him being successful at the collegiate level. That’s about as close to saying you would rather have a different recruit than Henrich without outright saying it, but if you want to translate that differently go right ahead.

We are all Husker football fans and should get along. We’re at the dawn of a new era. The bickering is just part of the purge of bile that has festered as our beloved program sank into the depths of something disgusting and unrecognizable.
Feel the Frost Effect as it unites us.

My cousin works at Burke and knows both Henrich and Hickman. He said the chances of Nebraska getting them are very slim, because he knows that both of them are big fans of opposing teams. He said it would take some major convincing by Nebraska to sway them away from their favorite schools, because neither of them are your prototypical Nebraska kids.

You can bag on Iwillnotpostdrunk all you want, but what he is saying has some legs. It is not in the bag for either one of these kids, and I'd say the chances are less than 50% for sure
Cool story Bro

This thread is a great reminder of why i decided to join the pay board.

High school seniors change their mind enough and are incredibly impressionable, these kids are basically juniors, plus a couple months, and cognitively little better than freshman...they could give the impression that they will only go to alabama, and then visit a campus and immediately fall for the tricks of good recruiting staffs. The early recruiting cycles make kids very easy targets, as they would be quite a bit more mature by next february. He could have told someone at Burke what he felt, then met a girl from Nebraska over the summer and now he is a husker. Or family member could be ill, or anything. We appreciate the info, keep providing it.

High school seniors change their mind enough and are incredibly impressionable, these kids are basically juniors, plus a couple months, and cognitively little better than freshman...they could give the impression that they will only go to alabama, and then visit a campus and immediately fall for the tricks of good recruiting staffs. The early recruiting cycles make kids very easy targets, as they would be quite a bit more mature by next february. He could have told someone at Burke what he felt, then met a girl from Nebraska over the summer and now he is a husker. Or family member could be ill, or anything. We appreciate the info, keep providing it.
Yeah and some middle aged dudes make up stuff to be popular on message boards too.

When I took my kids on college visits, after we left, that particular college/university was the current favorite..... until we visited the next which then became the new number one. It wasn't until we visited them all and sat down, spread everything out on the table, compared and discussed the pros and cons of each (and final cost) could we make the decision. Granted cost really isn't a problem except for travel to games because most of the kids we're talking about are getting full rides ( or county scholarships at the least). But my point is the same. Universities are in the sales business and they all do a great job of marketing their product. Agree with solona beach husker post above about kids being impressionable. But that's also why you keep going after recruits if they are leaning towards a different direction. They can be flipped.

Yeah and some middle aged dudes make up stuff to be popular on message boards too.
Yep that's it... I crave the attention from ass tards like you. I've been on here since 2003… Man I'm always screaming for attention like this you got me!

My cousin works at Burke and knows both Henrich and Hickman. He said the chances of Nebraska getting them are very slim, because he knows that both of them are big fans of opposing teams. He said it would take some major convincing by Nebraska to sway them away from their favorite schools, because neither of them are your prototypical Nebraska kids.

You can bag on Iwillnotpostdrunk all you want, but what he is saying has some legs. It is not in the bag for either one of these kids, and I'd say the chances are less than 50% for sure

Not sure what anyone's problem with your post is. Seems spot on to me. It was a long shot to get him and we pulled it off.

Not sure what anyone's problem with your post is. Seems spot on to me. It was a long shot to get him and we pulled it off.
They don't have a problem with the post, they just get excited to prove people wrong. The funny thing is like you said, I never said anything about my information being 100% fact. I also claimed that my cousin's information was just what he knew about them. To add to that I am getting my info from him, so obviously I did not know anything other than 3rd party info. Yet posters like steelclaw think I am just an attention grabber. Also another funny thing is I debated even posting the information in the first place, now I know not to in the future... You live and you learn I guess!

Like I said I am happy we landed him, so I am also glad I was statistically incorrect!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT