ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Fair, Hickman and Henrich, Zavier Betts

DudznSudz

Senior
Feb 4, 2016
Looks like Tony Fair is announcing tomorrow, and that he's still 100% predicted to pick NU. Guy is a boulder of a human at 6'3" and 330 pounds. Has classic Nose Tackle written all over him. Though he and Anderson are currently unrated prospects on 247 Sports, I am guessing they will wind up being at least mid-level 3 star players, right?

Henrich: Looks like he and Hickman both are being extremely coy about staying in state vs leaving Nebraska to play somewhere else. Something tells me that while both are excellent prospects, there may be a bit of "Well, I just feel like leaving the area" to them. If that is truly the case, it is hard to imagine how we land either or both of them. Kind of a bummer, but just being realistic.

Lastly, Zavier Betts appears to love UNL and the coaching staff, and he's an extremely high-rated 4 star, close to 5 star WR at Bellevue West! He's a 2020 prospect, but probably the highest rated one I've ever seen in the modern era come out of this state. So we've got THAT going for us.

Thoughts on the above and any other recruits that may be making some noise soon?

Friend of the his family saw photos from his trip to Ireland and he was wearing a wiscy shirt. Admittedly it is some tea leave reading but it would be silly to go to IA or Nebby etc and have photos of your senior trip in a wiscy shirt.
But my cousins ex girlfriend's former roommate saw him at 31 flavors with Husker boxers on!! :oops::rolleyes:

Friend of the his family saw photos from his trip to Ireland and he was wearing a wiscy shirt. Admittedly it is some tea leave reading but it would be silly to go to IA or Nebby etc and have photos of your senior trip in a wiscy shirt.

Not necessary...He visited there and they gave him some merchandise. I’d wear it too for a while if given to me.

Losing both Henrich and Bryson Williams to our main division rival would hurt. Frost had a ton of ground to make up with both recruits, but on the other hand, they are the type of in-state recruits you cannot allow to get away - especially to a team in the same division. It's not like losing them to a powerhouse program or somewhere in a warmer climate. We should be able to beat Wisconsin for in-state recruits.

I agree. I also saw a Crystal Ball pick for Wisconsin recently, though he still has a ton of Nebraska ones.

I think he's supposed to make his decision fairly soon, from what I read, while Hickman may take until the end of the year to figure his business out.

I agree. I also saw a Crystal Ball pick for Wisconsin recently, though he still has a ton of Nebraska ones.

I think he's supposed to make his decision fairly soon, from what I read, while Hickman may take until the end of the year to figure his business out.

He said he wanted to have a decision made by the start of his senior football season.

It is possible it was just a shirt and nothing more, that is what the optimists on our board are saying as well. The info is the info, what you chose to take from it is your own decision.

I wouldn't consider that wearing a shirt means you are going to school there.
26_7134982.jpg

You know, we talk about how Wisconsin develops OL, but they don’t do a bad job with LBs either. I think they have 5 in the NFL?

Reactions: NUHuskerfan
It is possible it was just a shirt and nothing more, that is what the optimists on our board are saying as well. The info is the info, what you chose to take from it is your own decision.

Will do brotha, because it’s the truth. The dude is just wearing a T-shirt. We have seen other prospects wear different teams shirts even when they where committed to us. It means jack, it’s more wishful thinking from our opponents fans. That’s all.

Will do brotha, because it’s the truth. The dude is just wearing a T-shirt. We have seen other prospects wear different teams shirts even when they where committed to us. It means jack, it’s more wishful thinking from our opponents fans. That’s all.

Yes, that makes good sense to me.

Just curious, because I don’t know, but when was this trip to Ireland? If it was a while ago, he could easily have changed his mind if he was even leaning towards Wisconsin. If it was more recent, then who knows? But we’ll find out soon enough.

But my cousins ex girlfriend's former roommate saw him at 31 flavors with Husker boxers on!! :oops::rolleyes:
Unfortunately, people that age watch TV on A Prime and Hulu so knowing someone at the cable company is no help. However, sounds like someone should stake out Duncan Aviation for flights to Madison.

Looks like Tony Fair is announcing tomorrow, and that he's still 100% predicted to pick NU. Guy is a boulder of a human at 6'3" and 330 pounds. Has classic Nose Tackle written all over him. Though he and Anderson are currently unrated prospects on 247 Sports, I am guessing they will wind up being at least mid-level 3 star players, right?

Henrich: Looks like he and Hickman both are being extremely coy about staying in state vs leaving Nebraska to play somewhere else. Something tells me that while both are excellent prospects, there may be a bit of "Well, I just feel like leaving the area" to them. If that is truly the case, it is hard to imagine how we land either or both of them. Kind of a bummer, but just being realistic.

Lastly, Zavier Betts appears to love UNL and the coaching staff, and he's an extremely high-rated 4 star, close to 5 star WR at Bellevue West! He's a 2020 prospect, but probably the highest rated one I've ever seen in the modern era come out of this state. So we've got THAT going for us.

Thoughts on the above and any other recruits that may be making some noise soon?
My cousin works at Burke and knows both Henrich and Hickman. He said the chances of Nebraska getting them are very slim, because he knows that both of them are big fans of opposing teams. He said it would take some major convincing by Nebraska to sway them away from their favorite schools, because neither of them are your prototypical Nebraska kids.

You can bag on Iwillnotpostdrunk all you want, but what he is saying has some legs. It is not in the bag for either one of these kids, and I'd say the chances are less than 50% for sure

My cousin works at Burke and knows both Henrich and Hickman. He said the chances of Nebraska getting them are very slim, because he knows that both of them are big fans of opposing teams. He said it would take some major convincing by Nebraska to sway them away from their favorite schools, because neither of them are your prototypical Nebraska kids.

You can bag on Iwillnotpostdrunk all you want, but what he is saying has some legs. It is not in the bag for either one of these kids, and I'd say the chances are less than 50% for sure
And I am SURE you know (nothing)!

It will be very disappointing not landing at least one of the two...

Won’t be the end of the world but from here on out Frost and his staff need to keep these players in Nebraska.

Reactions: jeans15

Won’t be the end of the world but from here on out Frost and his staff need to keep these players in Nebraska.
It is not that easy... For example let's say you grew up in LA until you were 11 and everyone in your family is UCLA fans, and you are too. Then your dad gets a job transfer to Nebraska. Then you end up being a star player of some sport Football, Basketball, Baseball ect... You get offered by UCLA and Nebraska both, where are you going to go?

My money is on UCLA

He said it would take some major convincing by Nebraska to sway them away from their favorite schools, because neither of them are your prototypical Nebraska kids.

Care to clarify who their favorite schools are, sounds like their not fans of the same school.

IMO just because a kid plays HS football in the state doesn't mean he actually likes the home school or the state. They may not even be from the state. You do the best you can, but I don't think it's as easy as it may seem to get them.

Care to clarify who their favorite schools are, sounds like their not fans of the same school.
That is correct... Iwillnotpostdrunk is correct on Henrich, and I believe Hickman is a Missouri kid don't quote me on that just yet, I will check with my cousin for sure. I just remember hearing Missouri

Last edited:

Nate Clouse and Mike Schaefer have intimated that very same thing although I doubt that they would want to come out and say that specifically until after the fact. These kids are familar with the Nebraska football that laid over and played dead in the 2nd half against Iowa and was less competitive against Ohio State at home than Ohio State's scout team. That's the Nebraska they know. And that is reality. That's exactly what Coach Frost and his staff want to turn around and they will do their best to pull the upset and bring these two to the fold.

ADVERTISEMENT