ADVERTISEMENT

Tommy in PC, takes total responsibility

StrongArm517

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2005
Says all on him, bad decisions, reads, team had plenty of total offense and D played well enough to win.

He's an easy young man to like, plays hard and wants to win, and he owned up to it after the game. Wish someone real good could work with him and make a difference in his play. Don't think that will happen and it's too bad for him. Not trying to protect Tommy here, I know he makes big time mistakes, but he's not going to get any better with his current position coach.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I think the defense did ok, armstrong interceptions kill me, but in his defense he can scramble well, which makes me wonder if we had a qb like iowa, would he get murdered?

I think the defense did ok, armstrong interceptions kill me, but in his defense he can scramble well, which makes me wonder if we had a qb like iowa, would he get murdered?

I thought Iowa's qb did a real good job of avoiding trouble for the most part. Got hit a few times and sacked once, but he made some good runs as well. I don't think he played great, but didn't do super damage to his team like Tommy did today.

He's an easy young man to like, plays hard and wants to win, and he owned up to it after the game. Wish someone real good could work with him and make a difference in his play. Don't think that will happen and it's too bad for him. Not trying to protect Tommy here, I know he makes big time mistakes, but he's not going to get any better with his current position coach.

His current position coach is largely credited with helping Eli Manning quite a bit. the fact that his position coach was someone who wasn't a quarterbacks coach for three years is much more of a problem at this point.

@NickESPN1480: The week after the Rutgers game, Armstrong walked out of practice 30+ Min early b/c Langsdorf was on him about his execution. #huskers

we out gained them by 180 yards
held them to 11 first downs (NU had 22)... they didn't convert a 3rd down the entire game
we had 12 more minutes of possession - almost an entire friggin quarter

and TA made sure that wasn't close to being good enough

Reactions: Crushinator
we out gained them by 180 yards
held them to 11 first downs (NU had 22)... they didn't convert a 3rd down the entire game
we had 12 more minutes of possession - almost an entire friggin quarter

and TA made sure that wasn't close to being good enough
This sums it up. We came to play and dominated the game, but you can't beat good teams with 4 int's and a pick-6.

Reactions: husker2612
Says all on him, bad decisions, reads, team had plenty of total offense and D played well enough to win.
What is bad is he is going into his senior year, 3 yr starter and still makes these mistakes over and over. Good Qb today and we win this game easily. Patrick O'brien is our only hope to take Armstrong out and that is if he can pick up the system quickly. From the sounds of if it the system he runs is pretty similar to the offense MR runs. So hopefully he can. If not and TA is starter again, don't expect different results next year.

This sums it up. We came to play and dominated the game, but you can't beat good teams with 4 int's and a pick-6.
Plus almost 100 yards in penalties and we still kept it to a 1 score game to the number 3 team in the country. The pieces are there for a really good team. Different QB we win today easily. Or Iowa is really not good, in that case we are screwed. lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT