ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Scream and Hoosiers are on upset alert.

FW was up by 12. IU went to a 2-3, and FW has done nothing but one 3 in like last 10 mins.

Ugh, terrible last possession in regulation. But go Mastadons in OT - avoid extinction!

IUPUI=Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
IPFW=Indiana University Purdue University Fort Wayne

IUPUI=Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
IPFW=Indiana University Purdue University Fort Wayne

I know what it is. I lived in NE Indiana late 70s/early 80s and the school in Fort Wayne was IUPU at the time. I realize they renamed it IPFW. IUPU is still accurate. My mother used to teach there.

An NAIA team, Chaminade beat Ralph Sampson led Virgina team. Now that is an upset. Oh and Virginia went on to the elite 8. It's just a game in November.

Except that NU is not a blue blood and IU is (was) ranked #3.

Bad loss for Indiana...although, it was on the road(not at home). In addition...IPFW was a top 100 RPI team last year, Samford was #253. I guess they will have to settle for another sweet 16 run as opposed to going 5-13 or 6-12 in the Big 10. If Miles can take us to the sweet 16...or hell, even win a NCAA tourney game the losses to the likes of Incarnate Word and Samford will be easier to take that's for sure.

Last edited:
Dirk must be living in la la land.

I brought this up weeks ago and got bashed for it. There's no reason for Nebraska and CU not to play UNO when most non conference games are scheduled yearly. UNO went to LA to play USC and to K-State, but not across town or 50 miles down I80. It sure isn't UNO's fault that they aren't playing. There's only one reason for them not to play. Figure out why that is. It's is not because nonconference schedules in basketball are made out years in advance. if it is, someone find me Nebraska's complete 2017-2018 non-conference schedule (it doesn't exist yet). Truth hurts, both Nebraska and CU didnt want to play. I understand the reasons, but doesn't change the facts.

Didn't Nebraska play them 2 years ago? Could have swore, because I was there. Not sure why they would go to UNO to play, but whatevs. The bluebirds could throw them a bone.

Didn't Nebraska play them 2 years ago? Could have swore, because I was there. Not sure why they would go to UNO to play, but whatevs. The bluebirds could throw them a bone.

Yes they did play 2 years ago, and apparently it was a little too close a game for comfort to schedule again.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I brought this up weeks ago and got bashed for it. There's no reason for Nebraska and CU not to play UNO when most non conference games are scheduled yearly. UNO went to LA to play USC and to K-State, but not across town or 50 miles down I80. It sure isn't UNO's fault that they aren't playing. There's only one reason for them not to play. Figure out why that is. It's is not because nonconference schedules in basketball are made out years in advance. if it is, someone find me Nebraska's complete 2017-2018 non-conference schedule (it doesn't exist yet). Truth hurts, both Nebraska and CU didnt want to play. I understand the reasons, but doesn't change the facts.
It's because NU doesn't want to become the bitch of two programs from Omaha.

That's not the truth....saying Nebraska "won't" play UNO is wrong. In fact, I'm pretty sure Miles has played them twice in his first four years. I hope NU continues to schedule them...I don't think it has to be an every year thing but once in a while is not bad.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
That's not the truth....saying Nebraska "won't" play UNO is wrong. In fact, I'm pretty sure Miles has played them twice in his first four years. I hope NU continues to schedule them...I don't think it has to be an every year thing but once in a while is not bad.

They wouldn't play them last year. They wouldn't play them this year. Guess they need to wait until Hollins and Thurmond are gone? Maybe Nebraska will feel better about a guaranteed win after next season?

Yes it makes much more sense to get The University of Mary, Sacramento State, Samford (ouch), Deleware State, Mississippi Valley State, etc to come to Lincoln, vs scheduling a lower tier D1 school 50 miles away yearly.

Like I said weeks ago, this is the same thing as KU not wanting to play the Shockers. It's ok to admit what this is.

Fort Wayne is 175 miles from Bloomington going through Indy. Hoosier fans in Fort Wayne may not get the chance to watch Indiana play very often. So that is a different situation than the 3 miles from UNO to Creighton or the 50 miles to Lincoln.

Secondly, it is a no win situation for Nebraska or Creighton to play UNO. Win and you were supposed to, lose the game and threads like this get started.

Thirdly, Both CU and NU already fill their arenas so UNO won't help with that. If a game was played at Baxter the revenue generated from the 8,000 people that would fill that place wouldn't be enough to make it fiscally viable for either team to travel there.

Raise your hand if he is in your top 5 of someone you would want to have a kidney stone.
200.gif

Omaha fans should worry about beating powerhouse Rice before claiming the Huskers are afraid to play them.

Fort Wayne is 175 miles from Bloomington going through Indy. Hoosier fans in Fort Wayne may not get the chance to watch Indiana play very often. So that is a different situation than the 3 miles from UNO to Creighton or the 50 miles to Lincoln.

Secondly, it is a no win situation for Nebraska or Creighton to play UNO. Win and you were supposed to, lose the game and threads like this get started.

Thirdly, Both CU and NU already fill their arenas so UNO won't help with that. If a game was played at Baxter the revenue generated from the 8,000 people that would fill that place wouldn't be enough to make it fiscally viable for either team to travel there.

Your 2nd paragraph is the point I'm making. BOTH Nebraska and CU have been unwilling to schedule UNO the past 2 years. There's a reason. A no win situation for either is a more elaborate way of saying, "We're afraid to lose to them." I suppose for Miles he could fear for his job of it happened.

I never advocated that Nebraska play at Baxter arena. However, there's no reason Nebraska could not have a game at the C-Link against UNO there. Nebraska played a game there years ago. The C Link is NOT a Creighton building (no matter how much CU fans think it's theirs), it is a city of Omaha building managed by MECA. I'd also say that if UNO played CU yearly, they should play at the C Link, but every other year give UNO fans first cracking at tickets (CU would always have more).

I would agree the perception is these teams are afraid to play them. But to me it's like betting $1,000 that the 1 to 5 favorite is going to win a fight. You could say I am afraid to bet it, and you could be right. But not necessarily because I believe the favored fighter will lose, but that crazy things happen and the $200 I would win isn't worth the potential loss of $1,000 if the unexpected happens.

Then why aren't they on the schedule? Miles dosent want to. Truth hurts.

Have the media ask both coaches. Put pressure on the Administration of each school. Send an email to Miles and Molinari asking, they put the NU schedule together.

The fact is, Nebraska under Miles has played Omaha twice and the Huskers won both times. The truth does hurt, you'll have to eventually deal with it.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Your 2nd paragraph is the point I'm making. BOTH Nebraska and CU have been unwilling to schedule UNO the past 2 years. There's a reason. A no win situation for either is a more elaborate way of saying, "We're afraid to lose to them." I suppose for Miles he could fear for his job of it happened.

I never advocated that Nebraska play at Baxter arena. However, there's no reason Nebraska could not have a game at the C-Link against UNO there. Nebraska played a game there years ago. The C Link is NOT a Creighton building (no matter how much CU fans think it's theirs), it is a city of Omaha building managed by MECA. I'd also say that if UNO played CU yearly, they should play at the C Link, but every other year give UNO fans first cracking at tickets (CU would always have more).

What is gained by playing that game in Omaha? Is UNO the home team play at the CLInk? If so, why would Nebraska travel 50 miles to Omaha to have Husker fans fill the arena that goes to the UNO coffers? Why not play the game in Lincoln and keep the revenue in Lincoln? If UNO had to "pay" Nebraska to play in Omaha by splitting the revenue, at what point does it become fiscally viable for both sides? Simple fact is that it won't ever meet that goal.

That is why no other Power Conference school is traveling to Omaha to play them in non conference. In order for that to happen UNO would have to guarantee a bunch of money for that team to travel to Omaha to play a game. Why pay Iowa St 75% of the gate when you can keep it all and play Buena Vista and Montana St?

You just want the big in state schools to throw the little dog a bone.

Then why aren't they on the schedule? Miles dosent want to. Truth hurts.
Truth is Nebraska played them 2x's in the last 5 years. It is not mandatory that Nebraska and Creighton play UNO every year.

I highly doubt that either school is scared. It is a lose/lose situation for both Creighton and Nebraska.

If they played every year and let's say Nebraska was 15-0 against UNO over the last 15 years, and on that 16th year UNO gets lucky and squeaks out a win 65-64 in double OT...

Then what... we have to listen to fans like you and huskerbaseball13 takes jabs at the team that they are the 3rd best team in Nebraska. Yet Nebraska won the last 15 meetings...

It goes the same for Creighton/Nebraska and Creighton/UNO

2012-2013 - NU wins 75-62
2014-2015 - NU wins 81-68

Yet Nebraska is scared to play them? Makes no sense to me!

You just want the big in state schools to throw the little dog a bone.

No. I dont want Nebraska to surrender Omaha to CU, which they are well on their way to doing so.

I want to see Omaha produce more and more D1 players, and anything that would generate more excitement would help that happen is good for Nebraska. Unless they are content with surrending Omaha to CU.

The "Bone" I'd like to see thrown is an occasional potential life line to Lincoln.

Oh, and when it comes to basketball, right now there is no big state school in Nebraska.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT