ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Herman

Chuck003

Junior
Nov 6, 2016
Too late now, but could have probably had him for 20 million less. Better coach in all areas (including recruiting) and we could have kept Casey. Chances are we would be 2-0 right now. Just thinking of what might have been. Instead we have Jeff Sims and once again, the season is most likely over just 2 games in.
Rhule better pull his head out of his ass quick and prove he is worth what Neb is paying him. Yeah year one and all the other bullshit excuses....Whatever. This looks like a Frost-coached team so far.

Too late now, but could have probably had him for 20 million less. Better coach in all areas (including recruiting) and we could have kept Casey. Chances are we would be 2-0 right now. Just thinking of what might have been. Instead we have Jeff Sims and once again, the season is most likely over just 2 games in.
Rhule better pull his head out of his ass quick and prove he is worth what Neb is paying him. Yeah year one and all the other bullshit excuses....Whatever. This looks like a Frost-coached team so far.
then why bring it up?

This is dumb. We are two games in

Reactions: GretnaShawn
I'm sorry. I will bring up Tom and the glory years from now on.

Season 9 Thank You GIF by The Office

There are quite a few good coaches out there making far less than $9 million/year. Herman, Sanders, Leipold, Klieman, Malzahn, Chadwell, DeBoer. I have to think at least one of them would have come here for less than $9 million.

Reactions: HuskersWay
There are quite a few good coaches out there making far less than $9 million/year. Herman, Sanders, Leipold, Klieman, Malzahn, Chadwell, DeBoer. I have to think at least one of them would have come here for less than $9 million.
to rebuild a team at the bottom of the Big 10?

Reactions: WHCSC
Rhule wasn't my first choice, but I think he does have a high ceiling. Unfortunately he also has a tendency to set the bar low early. I hope Rhule is the one to lead us out of the cesspool we're in. I'm tired of losing.

I think you're right Chuck. There were better candidates, but we can't prove those guys would be better unfortunately.

My biggest critique of Matt Rhule when his name was being floated is that he would not be able to handle the pressure here. I didn't know the guy, but went and looked at a lot of tape from him to get a feel for who he is. I saw some of the Carolina stuff when things were going bad, and it was a big clue to me that this guy wasn't going to handle the job here very well.

Many people have noticed a big change in his demeanor after week 1 already.

The good news is, I don't think this is going to last too long.. I still say 3 years tops.

The only thing the pro Rhule people have, is to say he turned around 2 programs in year 3, so that will be their argument, as was Carolina's until he went 1-4 and was fired in the beginning of his 3rd year.

I was actually hoping he would do sort of ok, good enough for him to just move on, on his own. This way, we wouldn't have to fire the guy and pay all this obscene money. (again)

It looks to me right now, that Matt Rhule is a boat anchor, and nobody is going to be offering him a job anytime soon.. and here we are subsidizing losers with massive multi-million dollar contracts over obscene time periods.

How could we as a University be any more stupid?

I blame Ted Carter, but you can not get rid of Matt fast enough for me.

It's just more damage to a brand that has been damaged so far that it's becoming un-recoverable.

Reactions: Chuck003
I think you're right Chuck. There were better candidates, but we can't prove those guys would be better unfortunately.

My biggest critique of Matt Rhule when his name was being floated is that he would not be able to handle the pressure here. I didn't know the guy, but went and looked at a lot of tape from him to get a feel for who he is. I saw some of the Carolina stuff when things were going bad, and it was a big clue to me that this guy wasn't going to handle the job here very well.

The good news is, I don't think this is going to last too long.. I still say 3 years tops.

The only thing the pro Rhule people have, is to say he turned around 2 programs in year 3, so that will be their argument, as was Carolina's until he went 1-4 and was fired in the beginning of his 3rd year.

I was actually hoping he would do sort of ok, good enough for him to just move on, on his own. This way, we wouldn't have to fire the guy and pay all this obscene money. (again)

It looks to me right now, that Matt Rhule is a boat anchor, and nobody is going to be offering him a job anytime soon.. and here we are subsidizing losers with massive multi-million dollar contracts over obscene time periods.

It's just more damage to a brand that has been damaged so far that it's becoming un-recoverable.
Yeah. Kind of a "what if" situation. Herman lost tonight as well (but he has a 7 year rebuild and it was the refs fault). LOL. You are right. At this rate, from what I have seen from the low sample size, we might be in for another rough ride with Rhule at the helm.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Yup , his turnovers are killing us.

No one is pro Rhule…They are pro Nebraska and know it’s only 2 games in. The brand isn’t any more damaged than it was under Riley & Frost. It’s been in the depths since 2016.

You’re ridiculous as always

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT