ADVERTISEMENT

TJ Pledger flip from OU...

HuskerBorn

Junior
Oct 23, 2009
The only thing i have heard about him from the past 24 hours is the FNL crown chanted his name, but have,'t seen or heard nothing else. He seems to be pretty low key this weekend. Did his mom make it to Lincoln with him this weekend? How likely is he to flip this weekend? This kid is the homerun threat that we need?

The only thing i have heard about him from the past 24 hours is the FNL crown chanted his name, but have,'t seen or heard nothing else. He seems to be pretty low key this weekend. Did his mom make it to Lincoln with him this weekend? How likely is he to flip this weekend? This kid is the homerun threat that we need?

The event is still ongoing with a Jr day, most recruits still around

I don't seem him flipping. Hopefully his mom made it but she seems very high on OU. I hope I'm wrong.

His mom did make it. At one point she looked at him and did a thumbs up/thumbs down to him(asking if it was good or bad) and he gave her thumbs up. Pledger was unable to workout as he was under the weather though. OU coaches are concerned enough that he is going to decommit that they took another RB commit and retreated his commitment tweet after it was announced he was camping at NU.

His mom did make it. At one point she looked at him and did a thumbs up/thumbs down to him(asking if it was good or bad) and he gave her thumbs up. Pledger was unable to workout as he was under the weather though. OU coaches are concerned enough that he is going to decommit that they took another RB commit and retreated his commitment tweet after it was announced he was camping at NU.

Thanks for the insights Kaz, i didn't know he was sick... that explains why he seemed to be low key last night. Good to hear he gave the thumbs up to Mom! I wonder what he has heard from Terrell Newby as they both were running backs at the same HS in LA.

I don't seem him flipping. Hopefully his mom made it but she seems very high on OU. I hope I'm wrong.

Any updates on how his visit went? After watching this kids Hudl film, it may be the best RB recruit film i have seen since Marlon Lucky's from North Hollywood High. Gamechanger! I hope the fact that i have not seen a single pic with him and RB coach Davis isn't a sign that Coach Davis whiffed on this one. Countless pics of all other coaches with their top prospects. What is the deal with that?

Any updates on how his visit went? After watching this kids Hudl film, it may be the best RB recruit film i have seen since Marlon Lucky's from North Hollywood High. Gamechanger! I hope the fact that i have not seen a single pic with him and RB coach Davis isn't a sign that Coach Davis whiffed on this one. Countless pics of all other coaches with their top prospects. What is the deal with that?

Yeah I was just thinking that last night. I watched TJ on the sideline for most of the night and I didn't see Reggie come up to him once. That doesn't mean he didn't but I noticed every position coach hanging with their recruits.

Reactions: HuskerPam
Rumor has it that the person charged with stalking his mother while she was in town has reported that at one point during the visit she gave a thumbs up. People are still sifting through the intelligence reports and Internet chatter to determine the circumstances around said gesture

Last edited:
Rumor has it that the person charged with stalking his mother while she was in town has reported that at one point during the visit she gave a thumbs up. People are still sifting through the intelligence reports and Internet chatter to determine the circumstances around said jester.

There was a jester on the sideline last night? Was he juggling? These coaches think of everything!

Rumor has it that the person charged with stalking his mother while she was in town has reported that at one point during the visit she gave a thumbs up. People are still sifting through the intelligence reports and Internet chatter to determine the circumstances around said jester.

There was a jester on the sideline last night? Was he juggling? These coaches think of everything!
If you can make the king and queen laugh, you're N!

Does anyone know if TJ is still planning to attend the OU BBQ for recruits in Norman? If he is a no-show, i believe he will be N.

I believe that ship has sailed. In just reviewing a few of his Twitter responses and comments, it sound like he is 100 to the Sooners. JMHO

I think we just need to stay in his Top 5 and try to get an official visit at some point. So many crazy things can happen between now and Signing Day.

I think we just need to stay in his Top 5 and try to get an official visit at some point. So many crazy things can happen between now and Signing Day.

Stay in his Top 5?

We were in his top 2 until he committed. Highly unlikely this kid pulls USC or something out of the closet.

This is why you can't always trust those Crystal Ball predictions. A lot of times people who make them don't know anything-they're just making their best guess. I thought people might be getting their hopes up too much on this one based on a few of those suddenly going our way.

Reactions: WHCSC
This is why you can't always trust those Crystal Ball predictions. A lot of times people who make them don't know anything-they're just making their best guess. I thought people might be getting their hopes up too much on this one based on those.

Yah I started the flip watch. But I tend to not go jump off a bridge on these things if they turn South. Others don't seem to be able to show the same restraint. Wiltfong is far better than 50% on his picks, so it was nice to be excited for a little while :)

This is why you can't always trust those Crystal Ball predictions. A lot of times people who make them don't know anything-they're just making their best guess. I thought people might be getting their hopes up too much on this one based on those.

In fairness to the Crystal Ball guys, I don't think they are throwing darts to make predictions.

There are conversations had and information shared with regards to the recruit. If the recruit provides false info or misleads the blogger (or whatever they're called) that's not on the blogger. He is just sharing info. I know some recruits that have very good relationships with the bloggers and will share info with only them that never gets published. Obviously some are better than others but I still say it's more educated than a guess with little or no info a large majority of the time.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
In fairness to the Crystal Ball guys, I don't think they are throwing darts to make predictions.

There are conversations had and information shared with regards to the recruit. If the recruit provides false info or misleads the blogger (or whatever they're called) that's not on the blogger. He is just sharing info. I know some recruits that have very good relationships with the bloggers and will share info with only them that never gets published. Obviously some are better than others but I still say it's more educated than a guess with little or no info a large majority of the time.
Iowa got a commitment from a kid that had six predictions to Wisconsin last week. Those crystal balls are basically click bait.

Iowa got a commitment from a kid that had six predictions to Wisconsin last week. Those crystal balls are basically click bait.

Hmm. So because some recruit with questionable decision making skills decided to head to Iowa every CB is click bait? Got it.

However, since recruiting is fluid, there will be changes. I don't think anyone is saying they are 100% accurate all the time.

The discussion here at the grown up table isn't about whether they are right or wrong, it was about whether or not they were guesses or, if indeed, there was research, conversations and feedback from the recruits that went into the predictions.

Now back to your circle jerk on the Iowa board.

You can see the average of how often a certain crystal ball analyst is correct and the average days they are correct. That should help with knowing if they are worth listening to (in 2017, Mike Shaefer was correct 80.65% and averaged 170.57 days, while Sam McKewon was accurate 67.57% for 181.44 days)

We would have had a top 10 class last year if the crystal ball reports were even close to accurate. We aren't beating OU in recruiting a RB.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
We would have had a top 10 class last year if the crystal ball reports were even close to accurate. We aren't beating OU in recruiting a RB.
Rather than being negative all the time in every single post about the huskers, why don't you post positive in threads like FNL, where Christian Tutt is a heavy Nebraska lean over the likes of Alabama?

I guess that would betray your real purpose in being here, huh? You don't even pretend to be a Nebraska fan....

Hmm. So because some recruit with questionable decision making skills decided to head to Iowa every CB is click bait? Got it.

However, since recruiting is fluid, there will be changes. I don't think anyone is saying they are 100% accurate all the time.

The discussion here at the grown up table isn't about whether they are right or wrong, it was about whether or not they were guesses or, if indeed, there was research, conversations and feedback from the recruits that went into the predictions.

Now back to your circle jerk on the Iowa board.
Some one is awful triggered over nothing. I firmly believe that the crystal balls are for entertainment mostly. I'm sure an hour or two before a decision they can be accurate. But I've seen them change left and right after each visit a recruit makes. It's like bracketology. It gets bubble teams' fans to visit a website often.

I would agree with your "grown up" conversation that those guys have more inside info than you or I, but I think you are taking them as gospel.

Some one is awful triggered over nothing. I firmly believe that the crystal balls are for entertainment mostly. I'm sure an hour or two before a decision they can be accurate. But I've seen them change left and right after each visit a recruit makes. It's like bracketology. It gets bubble teams' fans to visit a website often.

I would agree with your "grown up" conversation that those guys have more inside info than you or I, but I think you are taking them as gospel.

Iowa board is looking for you. It's your turn in the pivot

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT