ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on opting out of Bowl game

Huskerz99

Junior
Oct 27, 2019
1. I wonder how the players voted and is it fair if some seniors wanted to play 1 last game but the majority opted out. I could see most reserves not wanting to play but would be interesting to see who voted which way. These guys will be 45 years old one day wishing they could play one last game.

2. Did anyone is the SEC opt out besides LSU putting themselves on a bowl ban? If not it could be a huge recruiting tool to bash the other conferences and continue the mantra of the SEC of “it just means more”.

3.i was fine with either decision they made, but now I’m just wondering if these guys just don’t enjoy football or going through the process. Seems like other programs or players would kill to be in our position and who knows if we took advantage of it. With how well we looked 2nd half I wonder if some players said hey if we play like that we come beat anyone. Or If I’m Mille and missed quite a few games I would want to play to have more tape if he does intend to leave.

like I said I get their decision and I think some Kids will come back refreshed for next year and less transfers because of it, but just a few thoughts.

I would have more respect if a bunch of third teamers spoke up and said, ”let’s go play some football”. Frost is the laughing stock of the country right now after his early season whining. No matter what happens, he will always be a joke.
So you and whatever pussy team you cheer for would’ve been fine not having a season but Nebraska is wrong for opting out of a bowl that would be less than meaningless. What a moron you are.

So you and whatever pussy team you cheer for would’ve been fine not having a season but Nebraska is wrong for opting out of a bowl that would be less than meaningless. What a moron you are.
my 2 cents worth: go to a bowl game and take the players that want to go, play the young guys who didnt see action, use luke at qb or smothers, the young ol players give them some game time and experience,play a team that isn't a powerhouse so they wont get embarrased, but you never know some of these kids will be playing all out, they may be tired but of sitting on the bench. the guys that said no,its ok no harm no foul,we understand christmas with the family. see you next year.the majority of the yes players are probably local and see their folks every week,i for one would like to see this game,and the effort put forth by the young team.maybe even an upset in the making.

Last edited:
my 2 cents worth: go to a bowl game and take the players that want to go, play the young guys who didnt see action, use luke at qb or smothers, the young ol players give them some game time and experience,play a team that isn't a powerhouse so they wont get embarrased, but you never know some of these kids will be playing all out, they may be tired but of sitting on the bench. the guys that said no,its ok no harm no foul,we understand christmas with the family. see you next year.the majority of the yes players are probably local and see their folks every week,i for one would like to see this game,and the effort put forth by the young team.maybe even an upset in the making.

That's absolutely what I would of done. We use to have a scrimmage game during bowl season for our Redshirts and guys who didn't get to play. I always thought that was awesome. This would of been a great opportunity to do that with another team. In fact I think they should do it for every team that has a losing record across college football as it's not equitable that some teams get to continue to practice and others don't. It's like a replacement game for the JV teams.

Nebraska should NOT get a share of the B1G bowl proceeds from this year's bowl games. Quitting While other teams are out earning is not a good look.

Is the same true for PSU, Minnesota and all the other B1G schools that made the same decision. Or just the one you are obsessed with?

And how much money would you be getting if Nebraska hadn’t fought for a football season while you were on your knees for Daddy Warren?

Last edited:
Your team will likely lose money playing in a bowl game.

This is very true. If your not in the playoff or a New Years day bowl your probably going to lose money especially when there is no ticket revenue or concessions.

Personally I thought opting out of a bowl by Nebraska was pretty soft. If you wanted to opt out that is fine, but I would have expected Frost to make up some BS quote like, since we didn't earn it we won't go or something to that affect. They way it went down just didn't sit well.

If it was a normal season and they made a bowl game, they probably wouldn't be spending it with their family anyway. Plus with the pandemic year the 2nd semester is starting much later so either way you are going to get more time at home this year than in years in the past.

Now that the bowl season is underway and they are talking about matchups and games are on TV I wonder is some minds have changed a little.

Is the same true for PSU, Minnesota and all the other B1G schools that made the same decision. Or just the one you are obsessed with?

And how much money would you be getting if Nebraska hadn’t fought for a football season while you on your knees for Daddy Warren?
Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. As an example Nebraska had a plan to play anyone anywhere until they got punched in the mouth all season long - then they quit.

Nebraska should NOT get a share of the B1G bowl proceeds from this year's bowl games. Quitting While other teams are out earning is not a good look.
Lol. Those teams would not even be eligible for a bowl game if Nebraska hadn't pushed for a fall season. Iowa AD said Iowa will probably not break even by going to a bowl. Probably the only money to be shared from bowl games is the football finals because of tOSU participation so thank them and Nebraska for fighting for a season.

If you believe each day is an oppurtunity to improve and each game is a test of that improvement you missed a great oppurtunity.

If your goal is to win championship your a long way from winning then there was no good reason to play.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. As an example Nebraska had a plan to play anyone anywhere until they got punched in the mouth all season long - then they quit.
That doesn’t answer the question, but not a surprise. Keep up the obsession, it’s a good look for you.

That would have been funny. Show of hands. All yays we'll see you on Monday for practice. All nays, have a nice Christmas break.

I believe the other teams are sitting out due to Covid, not just because this season has been to hard on their feelings. For what it is worth, I do appreciate Scott Frost and his crew fighting for this season. It gave the country one more chance to see a horrible Nebraska team. I know, I know, if it weren't for all of the holding calls on the Huskers, lack of holding calls on others, coaches clapping on the sidelines, Frost not calling stupid plays all year, Martinez learning how to pass, and a center that cannot long snap it would have been a different season. See y'all next year!!!

This is very true. If your not in the playoff or a New Years day bowl your probably going to lose money especially when there is no ticket revenue or concessions.
It's not only the loss of money. The whole "two more weeks of practice stuff" is vastly overrated. At the bowl site, you're preparing to play the opponent, putting in a specific game plan, etc. It's not like you're getting reps for next season. There is very little, if any, carry-over for the next season, nine months away. You're likely to get more out of a rigorous month with the War Daddy

I believe the other teams are sitting out due to Covid, not just because this season has been to hard on their feelings. For what it is worth, I do appreciate Scott Frost and his crew fighting for this season. It gave the country one more chance to see a horrible Nebraska team. I know, I know, if it weren't for all of the holding calls on the Huskers, lack of holding calls on others, coaches clapping on the sidelines, Frost not calling stupid plays all year, Martinez learning how to pass, and a center that cannot long snap it would have been a different season. See y'all next year!!!

Clueless, yet again. Minnesota, Rutgers, PSU are not because of COVID.

Stay racist, tool.

See you tomorrow as your obsession with us continues.

You do understand that for the Rutgers game Nebraska had multiple people out with COVID right? Frost doesn't share injury and COVID details. It sounds now like we might not have been able to field an O line or QB for a bowl game on the 26th due to those factors. It isn't normal to take such pleasure in trolling an opposition fan base's message board. Get help.

Not deflecting. You are wrong and ignorant.

Also you support a gang of racist, sorry you are so insecure about that.

Old fake news - Recruiting is up and more Winning on the field. Your responses sound like a tired worn out broken record.

Old fake news - Recruiting is up and more Winning on the field. Your responses sound like a tired worn out broken record.

Not suprised you are so comfortable with your racism. Sad you think this is good football and somehow worth it.

I think it boiled down to being a year unlike any other. From going to having a season to not having a season and then having the season back on probably added to the chaos. Having a disappointing season record wise didn’t help. Having little time to game plan for an opponent in a bowl game probably had something to do with it.

The team and coaching staff were exhausted and treated Rutgers as their bowl game. They got a W and can learn from it going into next season.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT