ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on opting out of Bowl game

Nobody has provided any evidence of racism. Once again you grasp at straws.
A ton of evidence. That is why Doyle was fired. Real leaders don’t sacrifice others to save themselves, but this is KKKirk we are talking about.

I keep seeing players wanted to see their families for the holidays and that’s why they opted out. I guess why is the men’s basketball team playing on Christmas Day and not opting out? It was 1 more week. I just feel if frost wanted to see who buys into his talk of culture then he could have said we will play with the guys who want to play anyone, anywhere.
I’m seeing all these bowl games being played, NBA playing, Nebraska basketball playing on Christmas Day.......and football opted out with a week to go. It just doesn’t make sense to a lot of us especially those who would give a lot to go strap it up one more time with your boys.

I remember when this site was ablaze with rage when Wisconsin decided not to play earlier in the year

tenor.gif

Last edited:
I keep seeing players wanted to see their families for the holidays and that’s why they opted out. I guess why is the men’s basketball team playing on Christmas Day and not opting out? It was 1 more week. I just feel if frost wanted to see who buys into his talk of culture then he could have said we will play with the guys who want to play anyone, anywhere.
I’m seeing all these bowl games being played, NBA playing, Nebraska basketball playing on Christmas Day.......and football opted out with a week to go. It just doesn’t make sense to a lot of us especially those who would give a lot to go strap it up one more time with your boys.

Jeez Louise the B1G made out the Basketball schedule, that why 8 of the 14 schools are playing tomorrow....

Michigan
Michigan St
Minnesota
Penn St
Purdue
All Say Hello!

I remember when this site was ablaze with rage when Wisconsin decided not to play earlier in the year

tenor.gif
You don’t see a difference between deciding not to play a scheduled game and opting out of a bowl game??? We know you aren’t smart, but come on.

Last edited:
Why the need to keep connecting these unconnected things. The kids have been isolated for the better part of 9 months and they have decided not to play a bowl game. It’s the same decision over 20 other teams have also made. And speaking of men’s basketball, here is Hoiberg talking about how tough the isolation and not being able to see their families has been on the players.

Reactions: TFrazier
Nope still can’t see the basic difference between two very different things.

BTW, not sure anyone has asked this yet, but what team are you a fan of?

“no matter what ... no matter what that looks like..”

thank goodness Frosty isn’t a mail person..

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

ypbUvRenLaejIDiiqWqleD0cEuxcrXiGU3J7g3SIsnc_ymRzquoIgRPxrKsxCoM6oUZhFlYSKiE3T6j0brqtnskb8kHUxTI5SNfRRV6QSEwlvM77Yt9fbXjASQgrg-dzRysJrjTSnfd5BNTSV0c8cXSXIDOGqBSxeg0

Reactions: Rick Chick

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.
Cool story, Mr. Troll.

Which team is it you are a fan of? Not sure anyone has asked yet.

there are very few power 5 programs whose players have spent more time at home for the holidays than Neb over the last 3 years ... it appears it has become an expectation that they be home for the holidays each year

Ouch! That one stings.

ypbUvRenLaejIDiiqWqleD0cEuxcrXiGU3J7g3SIsnc_ymRzquoIgRPxrKsxCoM6oUZhFlYSKiE3T6j0brqtnskb8kHUxTI5SNfRRV6QSEwlvM77Yt9fbXjASQgrg-dzRysJrjTSnfd5BNTSV0c8cXSXIDOGqBSxeg0
Get help. It's Christmas Eve day and your trolling on the Huskers board. You NEED help.

I think it boiled down to being a year unlike any other. From going to having a season to not having a season and then having the season back on probably added to the chaos. Having a disappointing season record wise didn’t help. Having little time to game plan for an opponent in a bowl game probably had something to do with it.

The team and coaching staff were exhausted and treated Rutgers as their bowl game. They got a W and can learn from it going into next season.
The length of time these guys had to be on campus and then how long the regular season took was real grind. As many have pointed out, a lot of these guys had been on campus since March. Think about that. Hanging out isolated on campus without other students around and without the ability to socialize or go out on a date. No thank you. Then fall camp really drug on for over 2 months before they finally found out they could play some games. Time for a break.

For my own selfish reason...I’d like to see them play. I haven’t reached the point where I’d not watch them play.
I'd watch them play too, but the people whining about them not playing are just being self-serving dickheads. They're not playing so let's move on with our lives.

Reactions: headcard
I'd watch them play too, but the people whining about them not playing are just being self-serving dickheads. They're not playing so let's move on with our lives.

So we ate dicks because we dont accept losing attitudes from people who think they should paid.

Maybe you are a fool?

my 2 cents worth: go to a bowl game and take the players that want to go, play the young guys who didnt see action, use luke at qb or smothers, the young ol players give them some game time and experience,play a team that isn't a powerhouse so they wont get embarrased, but you never know some of these kids will be playing all out, they may be tired but of sitting on the bench. the guys that said no,its ok no harm no foul,we understand christmas with the family. see you next year.the majority of the yes players are probably local and see their folks every week,i for one would like to see this game,and the effort put forth by the young team.maybe even an upset in the making.

I remember when I played sports I always wanted the opportunity to play another game. I can't believe they chose not to. Especially after how hard they had to fight to get to play.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I remember when I played sports I always wanted the opportunity to play another game. I can't believe they chose not to. Especially after how hard they had to fight to get to play.
I’m sure there are many players like you on the team who wanted to play but their teammates chose not to. That’s why the decision to not play should have been unanimous and not left to a majority.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
We have accepted losing
Ummm no. We have accepted the reality that bitching on a message board doesn't change anything. We ALL hate losing. There's 10 pages of threads that prove that. It's just a matter of how you approach life going forward. Do you cry and whine that things are terrible and never get better or do you try to approach logically with some hope for the future. I choose to be logical and optimistic. The alternative is to be constantly miserable without hope.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT