ADVERTISEMENT

This loss is on Martinez

Has nothing to do with awareness. That kid is scared to get hit.

On that last run he had, he could have easily cut upfield for 3-5 yards and instead got scared and did his little horizontal dance straight out of bounds giving Iowa 40 seconds to drive downfield and kick the game winning field goal.

Reactions: blackbones
They better do a very fair evaluation of the quarterbacks in spring ball because if they don't and they trot Martinez out once again as the #1 quarterback I wouldn't blame either McCaffrey or Vedral for putting their names in the transfer portal. I believe they both would still have four years of eligibility left.

This loss is on the coaching staff for playing Martinez when they know the full extent of his injuries.
Granted I’m not sure what the injuries to Vedral and McCaffrey are, but if all you’re going to do is run a quarterback, then put in a quarterback that can at least run.

That’s what’s shocked me is the pussification of this offense and it’s philosophy of attack. If he doesn’t change somewhat he’s gonna be no different than previous HC

On that last run he had, he could have easily cut upfield for 3-5 yards and instead got scared and did his little horizontal dance straight out of bounds giving Iowa 40 seconds to drive downfield and kick the game winning field goal.

230 lb baby...its actually comical

They better do a very fair evaluation of the quarterbacks in spring ball because if they don't and they trot Martinez out once again as the #1 quarterback I wouldn't blame either McCaffrey or Vedral for putting their names in the transfer portal. I believe they both would still have four years of eligibility left.
This is what I would afraid of, but how could you blame them if the coaches won’t give a deserving kid playing time? I’m not here to bash AM, but he’s clearly not the most talented
QB on our roster.

Hmm, a head coach refusing to bench a QB named Martinez even though he clearly is not healthy and his performance suffers as a result? Where have I seen that before...
I have heard rumors that both McCaffrey and Vedral are not anywhere near 100% either. I don't know the accuracy of those for sure. We were one play from beating Iowa with Martinez. Unfortunately the offense couldn't deliver it. We played to not lose on that last possession and it cost us the game.

I just miss Tommy Armstrong not being out there anymore. It has been so depressing for me as a long time Cornhusker fan (since 8th grade). Tommy hustled. I just sense apathy at this forum which is why I stopped posting a long time ago. TA is a guy that Coach Urban Meyer would use. We can't recruit any longer. The Dwayne Haskins and Lamar Jacksons continue to go elsewhere. I never thought I would see the day with this and all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT