ADVERTISEMENT

This is why chasing recruits is overrated... IMO

HuskerOH

Senior
Dec 4, 2007
El Ranchito Dominican Republic
The list of #1 rated QB's s since the rankings began. Nothing is for certain and are seldom the future legends they are made out to be.

Find the players that fit your mold and develope them.

Are we losing ground quickly for Raiola?

It wouldn’t be the worst thing in my opinion. He’s probably gonna win a lot of games for Georgia or USC, but he seems to be getting an unhealthy amount of hype.

Reactions: c3o
I knew from the beginning we would never actually get Raiola. I think he used Nebraska to bump his NIL. That is why there is a new QB on the radar now. Why would a five start go to a losing program that has not gone to a bowl game for several years No one would do that.

It wouldn’t be the worst thing in my opinion. He’s probably gonna win a lot of games for Georgia or USC, but he seems to be getting an unhealthy amount of hype.
I agree, treating this kid as a savior of husker football is getting out of hand, there are no guarantees in life, he may be the next Trevor Lawrence but we need to concentrate on developing talent we already have, great if we land him but not end of the world if he goes elsewhere.

Reactions: drubendall
I knew from the beginning we would never actually get Raiola. I think he used Nebraska to bump his NIL. That is why there is a new QB on the radar now. Why would a five start go to a losing program that has not gone to a bowl game for several years No one would do that.
Agreed. However I find it so strange that he spent so much time with NU. I get that his uncle is a coach here, but it's just kind of weird.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Agreed. However I find it so strange that he spent so much time with NU. I get that his uncle is a coach here, but it's just kind of weird.
I’m not gonna rail the kid too much. I just don’t want this to go on for too long. Rhule isn’t dumb. Perhaps he’s pulled back himself. Let’s not lose another highly coveted player on account of him sucking up all the oxygen in the room.

I think Dylan did Nebraska a great service in getting more high caliber recruits to visit Lincoln. Regardless if he becomes a Husker or not these other stars weren’t coming to Lincoln on their own- they were coming because of him and perhaps it raised the chances of landing some of these other players once they met this new staff.

I posted this before here but Dylan is a stud, period. If he stays healthy, you can almost guarantee he will be a top 5 pick in 3 years. I would love to see him at SC but with Nelson coming in I just don't see it happening. All kids care about now is just going to the pros. He will start at NU for 3 years. At SC and Georgia he will most likely have to sit for one or two of those years. I believe with the family connections and having an NFL father, he will develop anywhere he goes so NU is the best fit for him to play right away.

It is odd to me that almost immediately after his latest visit on March 25 - along with multiple other high profile recruits - that our chances with him seemed to crater

Did something not go as planned during this visit?

Reactions: TarheelHuskerFan
If Rhule didn't go after Dylan then fans will be upset hes not trying to get top rated recruits, and if he does go after Dylan and fails then fans will say we shouldn't be chasing these top rated recruits, I get the feeling that Rhule just can't win in some people's minds.

If Rhule didn't go after Dylan then fans will be upset hes not trying to get top rated recruits, and if he does go after Dylan and fails then fans will say we shouldn't be chasing these top rated recruits, I get the feeling that Rhule just can't win in some people's minds.
We should be in on the #1 recruit every year

I believe Rhule agrees

I posted this before here but Dylan is a stud, period. If he stays healthy, you can almost guarantee he will be a top 5 pick in 3 years. I would love to see him at SC but with Nelson coming in I just don't see it happening. All kids care about now is just going to the pros. He will start at NU for 3 years. At SC and Georgia he will most likely have to sit for one or two of those years. I believe with the family connections and having an NFL father, he will develop anywhere he goes so NU is the best fit for him to play right away.
This is certainly Nebraska’s biggest selling point.
Come and be the guy in year 1 or 2.
Not that Dylan would be afraid of competition, but could be a tougher path at UGA or USC.
Wasting time behind the scenes for multiple years is not going to be desirable for the #1 QB.

Reactions: BleedRed78

Most people will pooh pooh a comment like that, but I don't think you're wrong. Expectations would be sky high at Nebraska and some kids don't thrive in that kind of environment. I don't know the kid and obviously I hope he comes here. But this program can succeed without him too.

Reactions: drubendall
Most people will pooh pooh a comment like that, but I don't think you're wrong. Expectations would be sky high at Nebraska and some kids don't thrive in that kind of environment. I don't know the kid and obviously I hope he comes here. But this program can succeed without him too.
It can but it will take longer. If Raoila joins, so do a bunch of other 5 star players. It would fast track us to relevance.

The list of #1 rated QB's s since the rankings began. Nothing is for certain and are seldom the future legends they are made out to be.

Find the players that fit your mold and develope them.
Will still take the 5 star QB named Dylan Raiola

Reactions: TOMHP

Lol

Lol

I agree, treating this kid as a savior of husker football is getting out of hand, there are no guarantees in life, he may be the next Trevor Lawrence but we need to concentrate on developing talent we already have, great if we land him but not end of the world if he goes elsewhere.
Lol never the end of the world

I think Dylan did Nebraska a great service in getting more high caliber recruits to visit Lincoln. Regardless if he becomes a Husker or not these other stars weren’t coming to Lincoln on their own- they were coming because of him and perhaps it raised the chances of landing some of these other players once they met this new staff.
Not all correct!

If you look at it logically, he is doing the smarter choice. GA is the standard of college football right now and NU is in a total rebuild. If we have great season he might be more intrigued to come to NU.

I don't think this mentality is directed at Rhule. I think it's just classic sour grapes.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Yeah. In no way would we use that list to stop recruiting Raiola. Now for comparison let's look at the 20th ranked qb or 35th ranked qb.

Reactions: HuskerO
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT