ADVERTISEMENT

The Refs blew the ball dead! The UM defender picks up the ball

Live I thought it was a fumble. I don't think they should have, but the refs blew the play dead before Michigan recovered. The call shouldn't have been reversed for that reason.

Hand wasn’t going forward when he fumbled. But whistle blew the ball dead before the fumble was recovered. That is why it was a bad call.
It is kind of hard to see how Michigan made a clear and immediate recovery when the DB just let the ball roll to him, then picked it up and handed it to the ref.

But when one of their darlings is involved, the Big Ten finds a way.

Reactions: Laner2
It is kind of hard to see how Michigan made a clear and immediate recovery when the DB just let the ball roll to him, then picked it up and handed it to the ref.

But when one of their darlings is involved, the Big Ten finds a way.
You can’t blow a play dead and let players walk away from the ball and then reward the guy who happens to pick up the ball after the play was officially over. Horrible, horrible call.

You can’t blow a play dead and let players walk away from the ball and then reward the guy who happens to pick up the ball after the play was officially over. Horrible, horrible call.
I thought the funniest part was that the Michigan DB had to stand there holding the ball for a couple of seconds, waiting for the ref to stop blowing his whistle and making the incomplete pass signal, before handing him the ball.

Reactions: Rick.Shaw
I’m rattled! It makes me question the integrity of the league. After so many bad calls against the Huskers, I’m shook! The league wants UM as the #1seed in the playoffs!

The original purpose of instant replay was to reverse calls that were blatantly erroneously called on the field. Now it has transformed into real time officiating where all aspects of the play are reviewed and interpreted. If a call is even questionable on the replay it should stand.

Reactions: huskerick
I thought the funniest part was that the Michigan DB had to stand there holding the ball for a couple of seconds, waiting for the ref to stop blowing his whistle and making the incomplete pass signal, before handing him the ball.
The MI player was never down if he recovered the ball, and fumbled it again by handing it to the ref. Big 10 refs are idiots, this time the whole nation could witness it. This league needs to get the ref thing corrected.

Funniest part of the whole deal is Kirk said he was told by an official on the sidelines that our QBs arm was going forward but not his hand. Huh?? I don't get it. And I'm like you guys as well when it happens to Nebraska I think its funny but this conferences officiating is a joke. It took new blood in the conference and just a little time for me to see it.

Rhule, who seems to keep a pretty even keel has mentioned twice now he doesn't mind the B1G officiating, but he doesn't like the B1G handling of replays and he seemed to be smoldering with anger both times he mentioned it.

Reactions: Laner2
What if Iowa picked up the ball after the whistle and ran it in for a TD? By the officials logic it would have to count.

I'll tease Iowa fans as much as anyone but the officiating in the B1G is at Big 12 level when we were leaving. Pretty damned clear that the conference leadership wants MeCheatin' in the playoffs and they just don't give a shite how obvious it is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT