ADVERTISEMENT

"The Program"..

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_75079668-f053-5b01-b2fb-bccad9835548.html “One of the first lessons you learn in the Marine Corps is don’t ever ask your Marines to do something you’re not willing to do yourself,” Kapitulik said. “Coach Frost is going to ask them to get comfortable being uncomfortable, and I hope those players appreciate that he’s not going to ask them to do anything he’s not willing to do himself.
Up until 5 a.m. on Tuesday, Jerald Foster fancied himself a good swimmer.

The second day of working with The Program was just beginning with a pool workout.

The task: Jump into 14 feet of water with a baggy sweatshirt on and start treading. Then, remove the sweatshirt, exchange it with a teammate, and put on a different sweatshirt. Then synchronize it and time it.
Shortly thereafter, the churning surface of the water and overhead lights shimmered above him before a teammate pulled him up.

“It’s definitely about not only trusting your teammates, but it’s trusting the process that those guys are there for you and they’re not going to do anything to put you in harm’s way,” Foster said. “It felt like, once everybody bought in with that, we were able to make strides.”
“We have the opportunity to work with a lot of coaches and a lot of great coaches, and Coach Frost is at the top of that list,” he said. “Coach Frost just went 13-0, but he’ll still hire us because he will do anything within the rules to get better.”

Essentially, the former special forces commander feels the same way many Husker fans do.

“You land in Omaha and the first thing we see is T-shirts that say, ‘In Frost We Trust,’ right?” he said. “Well, you should.”

gEJ6-46TpT6OqmCG

I saw a picture of Roberts. Now I know why the coaches were getting after him. He was getting a fat gut under the previous staff. Still has some chubbyness there that needs to get worked off.

They are making progress in the weight room.

That is a WR doing those squats. Needed to go down just a tad more, but you can tell he is working at that weight. Keep making progress.
Doing squats that don't go all the way down is part of Duval's philosophy. He believes that doing a full squat really doesn't simulate anything that is done in a game and that doing more weight at 3/4 creates more explosive players.

Doing squats that don't go all the way down is part of Duval's philosophy. He believes that doing a full squat really doesn't simulate anything that is done in a game and that doing more weight at 3/4 creates more explosive players.

Makes sense. Thanks.

Something was undoubtedly lacking under previous staff S&C. Consider me intrigued by how new S&C and overall attacking philosophy on both sides could lead to “overachieving” on the field based on low expectations nationally this year. Riley/Diaco projected passiveness that was opposite everything Husker football is about.
Cupboard may not be fully stocked yet but it’s not even close to empty as for what Frost inherited (+what he already added). Regardless of W-L when it’s said and done I think the upward trajectory will be crystal clear in year 1.
edit:
**freshmen pic above is Cam Jones and Cam Taylor (not C Tannor).

Reactions: WHCSC
This whole thread makes me want to go hit the gym. VERY cool to see.

What I've been wondering for months is, by the way, the level of change we'll see in year one. Thoughts:

While we're not at full strength, I would easily argue that Nebraska's talent level is far, far above that of UCF when Frost came on board in Orlando. Does that mean we see an even more powerful difference in year 1 than UCF did? I should think that we would.

The corrective thought one must make immediately after answering "yes" to the above is, the Big Ten is fast becoming the premiere conference in NCAA football, so our competition is going to be much, much tougher than UCF's conference was. I know USF is decent, and Memphis has a really potent offense, but the Big Ten East was just named the toughest division of all conferences this year by ESPN I think. And we get to play three of the best teams in it.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
This whole thread makes me want to go hit the gym. VERY cool to see.

What I've been wondering for months is, by the way, the level of change we'll see in year one. Thoughts:

While we're not at full strength, I would easily argue that Nebraska's talent level is far, far above that of UCF when Frost came on board in Orlando. Does that mean we see an even more powerful difference in year 1 than UCF did? I should think that we would.

The corrective thought one must make immediately after answering "yes" to the above is, the Big Ten is fast becoming the premiere conference in NCAA football, so our competition is going to be much, much tougher than UCF's conference was. I know USF is decent, and Memphis has a really potent offense, but the Big Ten East was just named the toughest division of all conferences this year by ESPN I think. And we get to play three of the best teams in it.

lol

Something was undoubtedly lacking under previous staff S&C. Consider me intrigued by how new S&C and overall attacking philosophy on both sides could lead to “overachieving” on the field based on low expectations nationally this year. Riley/Diaco projected passiveness that was opposite everything Husker football is about.
Cupboard may not be fully stocked yet but it’s not even close to empty as for what Frost inherited (+what he already added). Regardless of W-L when it’s said and done I think the upward trajectory will be crystal clear in year 1.
edit:
**freshmen pic above is Cam Jones and Cam Taylor (not C Tannor).
Who better to teach and implement Husker Power than Duvall! I don't know if anyone knows this, But Husker Power was developed and implemented by Both Epley and Duvall back in the day

All well and good, but what is happening to all the mcdonalds and popeyes francises around the city now?

Am I doing the math wrong or is that 695 pounds? 7 plates per side plus looks like he's got 10s on there and a 45 pound bar?
360 a side as they are 45 lb plates add another 45 lbs for the bar itself. Total of 765 lbs in the squatting video's not this dead lift video.

360 a side as they are 45 lb plates add another 45 lbs for the bar itself. Total of 765 lbs in the squatting video's not this dead lift video.
Are there 8 plates on each side? I counted 7x45s and a 10 that Jackson is doing. Looks like the other guys have 7 plates.

45 * 7 = 315

315* 2 = 630

10 * 2 = 20

630 + 20 + 45 =695

Reactions: Yossarian23
Am I doing the math wrong or is that 695 pounds? 7 plates per side plus looks like he's got 10s on there and a 45 pound bar?

I didn't want to brag, but you are too high right now...

Our DL is legit, up-front, front 4.

GBR

It's amazing how it forced Frost to come home before we saw any semblance of "Husker Power" post TO.

These guys are getting after it, every day.

We bbbbbaaaaccccckkkk...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT