ADVERTISEMENT

The Notre Dame Question

Hford

Sophomore
Aug 11, 2020
They beat Clemson w/o TL. They're obviously good but Clemson wins with TL.

Last years Playoff Game with Ohio State comes to mind.

Took them 90 plus yards with 4 minutes to go for the win.

So there's that.

No need to mention him torching us in the Playoff Game his Freshman year.

So I won't bring it up. :):)

Agreed, Notre Dame always seems to luck out on their schedule. But Notre Dame is a really good team this year and a complete team, with no real weakness. And it pains me to say that, because I hate Notre Dame.

Last years Playoff Game with Ohio State comes to mind.

Took them 90 plus yards with 4 minutes to go for the win.

So there's that.

No need to mention him torching us in the Playoff Game his Freshman year.

So I won't bring it up. :):)
he did a nice job running the ball, but he's not an elite passer.

check out what happens to his completion % when he has to throw 30+ times

OSU eats their lunch. Not sure they can beat Bama or Clemson with TL.

Trevor Lawrence is a poor mans Luke McCaffrey, i'm not impressed by that scrub in the slightest.

name a single time they've won a big game on the back of him throwing the ball.
You say WHAT? Luke is better...much better even than Lawrence? Not at QB my friend. You are delusional.

We love Luke...we are Neb...I get it. I too wanted to see him start this past Saturday. A better analogy than what you made is that Luke is a poor man’s version of the freshman AM at QB. But Neb fans...what do you do. You’ll all want Smothers to start next year. We always dream about the guy not playing.

Last edited:
Georgia rated as high as they are with 2 losses. They may be talented but with 2 losses you should be completely out of the Championship equation at this point...and they are not. My guess? If Clemson loses a second, they still make it into the top 4. That’s BS. You don’t rank based on potential, you rank based on results. If Wiscy runs the table, they should make it in before Clemson. Clemson lost. Otherwise why play the regular season games? Just place a final 4 of Bama, Clemson, Ohio State and Notre Dame, Georgia or Florida and be done with it. Smells bad. Georgia at 4-2 and rated number 12. That’s too highly but hey...the SEC is the best thing since sliced bread so...

Last edited:
Georgia rated as high as they are with 2 losses. They may be talented but with 2 losses you should be completely out of the Championship equation at this point...and they are not. My guess? If Clemson loses a second, they still make it into the top 4. That’s BS. You don’t rank based on potential, you rank based on results. If Wiscy runs the table, they should make it in before Clemson. Clemson lost. Otherwise why play the regular season games? Just place a final 4 of Bama, Clemson, Ohio State and Notre Dame, Georgia or Florida and be done with it. Smells bad. Georgia at 4-2 and rated number 12. That’s too highly but hey...the SEC is the best thing since sliced bread so...
Agree, I hate how we always have rankings because subscriptions need to be sold. At a certain point, production should be 100% of the evaluation criteria and potential should matter none. Unfortunately, the polling system is ingrained in the CFB culture, and there's no way to stop it.

I like that the CFP ranking don't start until later in the season, but the AP and Coaches' polls still exist way before then and set precedent/expectation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT