ADVERTISEMENT

The fix is in?

I think we’ll know by Wednesday if the fix is in to screw Nebraska, sounds like northwestern had guys out with covid, it wouldn’t surprise me if the fix was in and they cancel Saturdays game.

Where did you hear that they did?

It would be totally F’up if Wisconsin plays Purdue next week and NW cancels and we don’t play again..

All of this “I’ve heard” crap needs to stop. It won’t. But it needs to...
Rooted in truth. Based on a true story. Why should Nebraska/Nebraska fans trust BIG this fall to do the right thing by its members and student athletes?
Golly gee I hope they do the right thing, Mister

I think we’ll know by Wednesday if the fix is in to screw Nebraska, sounds like northwestern had guys out with covid, it wouldn’t surprise me if the fix was in and they cancel Saturdays game.
I dunno. The B1G and Wisconsin got trashed for not playing this weekend. The B1G can't afford many more hits. The best interests of the conference would be to play the rest of their remaining games no matter how many players are sitting out.

That said, I've heard similar things to what you're saying. Let's hope it's just rumors. Letting Wisconsin sit out without taking an L was not a good look.

Reactions: countrybob and c3o
Where did you hear that? I’m fairly connected and haven’t heard that at all.

Too much acquiescing in the wrong direction by the Big.
They blew it, now, lets forgive and forget, and play ball!
It would seem that the comish at least gave an ear to Moos and NU playing a replacement game yesterday. IF they had let us play, we could have put 20,000 in the stands and generated some super revenue for the program. The B1G lost some TV revenue as well by nixing the idea. It's stupid. It was so cool to watch some of the Wyoming vs Hawaii game the other night on TV with some fans in the stands. Even a couple of thousand make a HUGE difference to the TV feed.

It makes it tempting to hop in the car and drive out to a Wyoming home game just to be able to watch football as it's meant to be played. I've kind of always wanted to do that anyway. I love the state of Wyoming.

There is nothing about this online other than this post. Nothing on google and nothing on the Northwestern board

Reactions: rmndcat
I don't think they would orange-red us like the cheese attempted, but if Northwestern happens to go full-on red, that's just really bad luck in line with these crappy rules, so no conspiracy. I'll give Fitz the benefit of not being a chicken. He's got a pretty decent team. He's not afraid of Nebraska

Regarding games at Wyoming, I've only been to one game in Laramie and it was when Nebraska played out there several years ago. It was an enjoyable trip and we very much enjoyed the game. I would be happy to have another home and home series with the Cowboys.

Northwestern is 2-0, and riding a wave of momentum. With the uncertainty at Wisconsin, Northwestern could absolutely "wrap up" the division with wins over Nebraska and Purdue in the next two weeks.

I guarantee you they will do everything possible to play this game.
Bingo. They're basically in control of their destiny. 2-0 and favorable schedule. They're gonna come in focused and ready to take care of business.

Ive heard a rumor that they already have permission from the conference to cancel.

Who said the B1G didnt add BYE weeks into the schedule. They are just labeled NEB.

Northwestern is 2-0 after a disastrous season last year they are not going to cancel anything unless they are forced to by league rules

Ive heard a rumor that they already have permission from the conference to cancel.

Who said the B1G didnt add BYE weeks into the schedule. They are just labeled NEB.
For the record. I heard the rumor from my brother in law who probably read it on the 247 board as he is a member there. Don’t think he has any inside connections for the Huskers. So. Grain of salt, as I suspect at least some of you are also on 247

How bout instead of canceling they just beat you instead. Say, by eight.

The fix to make Nebraska jump before the snap and throw interceptions in the red zone? Hell of an influential fix, they've gotten to our own players!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT