ADVERTISEMENT

The cupboard is NOT 20-3 bare.

Ratings are nothing more than a mixed bag of tricks from one level to the next. The same with the NFL draft. A first round draft pick does not mean that player will pan out just as a 5 star rating doesn't mean that player with do anything at the college level. There are allot of 3 star players who should have been 4-5 star players, not everyone is properly evaluated.
I agree completely, but it never that easy on this board. That's why its so frustrating every time we get a recruit that the coaches wanted but isn't a Rivals 4 star.

Lets look at the facts. Our starting Defense has a Rivals average of 5.67 and includes a whopping 3 4 star players (Rose, Banderas and McMullen). Our starting Offense has a Rivals average of 5.63 and includes a whopping 4 4 star players. Additionally we start 3-4 freshmen and 2 walkons. Anyone who says that Bo didn't leave the cupboard absolutely empty is simply trolling.

Uh huh........ And with Riley's recruiting, you think he is going to improve that stat? Go look at our current class and tell us how Riley is starting to stack that cupboard. Because this is going to be our worse class since 2002.

Ratings are nothing more than a mixed bag of tricks from one level to the next. The same with the NFL draft. A first round draft pick does not mean that player will pan out just as a 5 star rating doesn't mean that player with do anything at the college level. There are allot of 3 star players who should have been 4-5 star players, not everyone is properly evaluated.

Prove it. Don't just use worthless opinions. Prove to us recruiting is just a "mix bag of tricks". Don't show is the exception, show us the norm. What about recruiting doesn't matter. If all your saying is that a 2 or 3 star can out play a 5 star..... Then yeah. They can. That however is irrelevant.

Show us how you arrived at the conclusion recruiting does matter.

Prove it. Don't just use worthless opinions. Prove to us recruiting is just a "mix bag of tricks". Don't show is the exception, show us the norm. What about recruiting doesn't matter. If all your saying is that a 2 or 3 star can out play a 5 star..... Then yeah. They can. That however is irrelevant.

Show us how you arrived at the conclusion recruiting does matter.

Maybe you should show me where I said that recruiting doesn't matter, I'm not going to wait around for your response because you'll never find an answer to my question.

I said "ratings are a mixed bag of tricks". Again, I don't put a ton of stock in to Rivals following Alabama around and slapping stars on their offers.

Uh huh........ And with Riley's recruiting, you think he is going to improve that stat? Go look at our current class and tell us how Riley is starting to stack that cupboard. Because this is going to be our worse class since 2002.
Oh is it going to be our "worst class" and that's final right because you are a former blackshirt or something you want us to believe??/ AT least, Riley is getting interest and visits from top recruits and actually trying. Or is it better to just say that "you don't want anybody who doesn't want to be here" and throwing in the towel and taking more walk on's because you might have to ''work at recruiting instead of playing golf"

Oh is it going to be our "worst class" and that's final right because you are a former blackshirt or something you want us to believe??/ AT least, Riley is getting interest and visits from top recruits and actually trying. Or is it better to just say that "you don't want anybody who doesn't want to be here" and throwing in the towel and taking more walk on's because you might have to ''work at recruiting instead of playing golf"
I don't care about your meaningless opinion. Go look at our class. It is that simple. Use your eyes.

People can blame Bo for leaving us thin in several spots, and he did. But that's not an excuse for playing as badly as we have. I like that we've improved as the game has gone on, people need to stop absolving Riley like he was left PeeWee players.

Daniel Davie approves of this message.

When one of your likes is @500mileRadius it's time to give up the internet

I don't care about your meaningless opinion. Go look at our class. It is that simple. Use your eyes.

How in the hell is TCU a highly rated team? Since 2011 they haven't had one class ranked ahead of Nebraska and not once has their "star power" been higher..

People can blame Bo for leaving us thin in several spots, and he did. But that's not an excuse for playing as badly as we have. I like that we've improved as the game has gone on, people need to stop absolving Riley like he was left PeeWee players.
Cupboard is not totally bare but we need a trip to the grocery store

I think we have the players to be a hell of a lot better than we are. Could we fill some holes? Yes but then again many teams have some sort of void to fill and we'll never be any different. We're very rusty out there on the field. Hopefully they get that cleaned up and play better for 4 quarters. The light I see at the end of the tunnel is that we're obviously good enough to dump 23 unanswered points on Miami in 8 minutes then we're obviously well off enough to throttle them by playing 4 solid quarters of football. Your going to look bad when you don't show up until the end of the game.

It's always interesting to read a thread that was started when we were down big and that never acknowledges that things improved later. If you're going to trash us when we're down big, at least have the fairness to come back and admit that things didn't turn out as bad as they were when the thread was started.

It isn't my opinion that this is our lowest rated class so far in 13 years. It is a fact.

Yawn, compare P5 offers to 2009 class, and make sure to clean your chin afterwards this class is far from finished, wanna male a wager on where this class finishes?!?

#HPHdouchenozzle

Yawn, compare P5 offers to 2009 class, and make sure to clean your chin afterwards this class is far from finished, wanna male a wager on where this class finishes?!?

#HPHdouchenozzle
I may take that wager. Would like to know your thoughts on how this current class is significantly better than any of coach Bo`s

Go fvck yourself.

Either buck up and accept the bet or take the suggestion, your choice....
I will be more then happy to take your money. But to take this bet, you will sign legal documents that assure me when you lose this bet you will pay the full $5,000. Deal? If so you tell me where we can meet up and we can have lawyers write up the papers.

Reactions: nothingkevin
I will be more then happy to take your money. But to take this bet, you will sign legal documents that assure me when you lose this bet you will pay the full $5,000. Deal? If so you tell me where we can meet up and we can have lawyers write up the papers.

I've accepted payments on here, and made payments on here. @cubsker can vouch.

Don't puss out h3jr, accept the wager, I already have this thread bookmarked.

It's always interesting to read a thread that was started when we were down big and that never acknowledges that things improved later. If you're going to trash us when we're down big, at least have the fairness to come back and admit that things didn't turn out as bad as they were when the thread was started.

What's also interesting is the possibility that these fans are the same ones who praised Bo and the team from nearly coming back against MSU last year under similar circumstances.

I've accepted payments on here, and made payments on here. @cubsker can vouch.

Don't puss out h3jr, accept the wager, I already have this thread bookmarked. Don't show your vaginas so early....
Vouchers mean jack to me. I do not trust cowards to keep there words. As I have said, I am more then willing to take your money. But only way this happens if if we sign legal binding documents. You can name the place, I will bring my lawyer. You bring yours and we will get this thing sealed with a kiss.

ADVERTISEMENT