ADVERTISEMENT

Texass just snagged the A@M baseball coach

There are these things called paragraphs and spacing.
Appreciate you pointing that out. I should realize that that's clearly the most important thing on a sports message board lol.
When I'm on a cell phone I'm just not too concerned with that stuff. If it bothers you so much then I would suggest hitting that ignore button.

Reactions: drubendall
Yeah it's a well known secret that Jim was furious at trev for firing some of the baseball staff without telling him first. One of the many issues he had with that school.
Thats what Trev does. Probably handled it all through email too

Appreciate you pointing that out. I should realize that that's clearly the most important thing on a sports message board lol.
When I'm on a cell phone I'm just not too concerned with that stuff. If it bothers you so much then I would suggest hitting that ignore button.
Had to click on your comment since I already had you on Ignore.

• Haha
Reactions: DonlugoQ
Will Bolt to A&M?
Apparently the coach took his entire staff with him. So probably no internal hire. Let's see-- Texas AD hires successful coach with whom he had a previous relationship. Now weasel Trev Alberts needs a coach? He could go after Bolt (who he worked with before), but remember Childress is a big part of Bolt's staff and Rob isn't going back there I would think. Hmm...

It's pretty hilarious actually. They steal an athletic director from Nebraska. They steal the same coach from TCU right after the cws..... But when it happens to them? Here comes the outrage and death threats. I'm not happy at all with the way he handled that press conference but I'm not concerned at all what those hypocrites in college station think about this.
Death threats? That is ridiculous.

Death threats? That is ridiculous.
Oh they're having a complete meltdown over there. I understand why they're upset. Hell we would be if it was the other way around but oh my god they are not taking this well at all. He's going to need to hire armed security when we go to college station next year to play baseball.

I know you said that in jest, but A&M gave Montgomery $200,000 to leave Stanford and play one season for them. I don't think there is such a thing as non-revenue at A&M.
Interesting discussion on the radio (yesterday I think). Minus LSU, I believe every other SEC school loses money on baseball, so it’s a matter of do they want to plow money into it just for status?

The SEC is making hay by bringing in portal players from lower divisions of baseball that can hit. So far, northern schools are unwilling to play this game. For a northern school to get to the CWS, it’s damn near a miracle.

For Nebraska to be one of the better teams in the Big Ten is our ceiling, unless we plow a ton of cash into the program, which is unlikely.

Interesting discussion on the radio (yesterday I think). Minus LSU, I believe every other SEC school loses money on baseball, so it’s a matter of do they want to plow money into it just for status?

The SEC is making hay by bringing in portal players from lower divisions of baseball that can hit. So far, northern schools are unwilling to play this game. For a northern school to get to the CWS, it’s damn near a miracle.

For Nebraska to be one of the better teams in the Big Ten is our ceiling, unless we plow a ton of cash into the program, which is unlikely.
I miss Nebraska being a dominant program. My fondest memories of the B12 is our baseball rivalry. You dominated us at times. We had some memorable games.

I miss Nebraska being a dominant program. My fondest memories of the B12 is our baseball rivalry. You dominated us at times. We had some memorable games.
Big 10 limits scholarships, oversigning and coaches compared to most other conferences. A big 10 team winning the cws would be like a group of 5 school winning the natty in football.

Apparently the coach took his entire staff with him. So probably no internal hire. Let's see-- Texas AD hires successful coach with whom he had a previous relationship. Now weasel Trev Alberts needs a coach? He could go after Bolt (who he worked with before), but remember Childress is a big part of Bolt's staff and Rob isn't going back there I would think. Hmm...
Yup. They even took the Weiner..

Yup. They even took the Weiner..
If I'm not mistaken, I think Weiner was their pitching coach. A young up & comer who the A&M fans loved. He was there one year- the staff era was 3.87 this year. Cortez went from 7.34 era to 2.78.

If the head coach left but Trev got the assistants to stay, I bet the outrage wouldn't be what it is. But Trev couldn't make that happen. Poor Trev.

Does anyone know how much money he is getting to jump ship? I don't bash a person for saying and doing what he did. I am going to assume that Texas would not contact him before the CWS was over so his comments at the time were valid. Then they apparently flashed some big $$$ at him and he was convinced. On top of that, he said something about sacrificing or whatever by originally going to A&M in the first place.

Does anyone think that if Rhule had a great season and someone flashed an extra 3 mil per year at him he wouldn't strongly consider it? That is just the world we live in today.

Trev must have really pissed him off. Enjoy the Texas A@M SEC pressure and death threats Trev. Hope it was worth it.

GRAZyyjXsAAHzX8

Bolt won’t even be a thought for the A&M job

They think they can get Vitello. Dead serious. Obviously another coach bolting for them would be just fine. They'd probably laugh at the Tenn fans for melting. Aggies are the gift that keeps on giving.
I have been there for a couple games. Man they are a different breed that’s for sure.

Bolt won’t even be a thought for the A&M job
Yeahhh Bolt is a great fit for NU and I would love for him to keep building here, but the team who was 1 run away from a national championship is not going to be sniffing around here for their new coach. Unless something goes horribly awry with their coaching search.

hey, it just means more, sec bros. and this is just your first texas' moment. wait till football season starts.
those SEC fans are a different breed. I'm not sure our fans are ready for it. This is why I wanted to move to the B1G. I know I know..you would hate it but it was my desire. Just not a fan of the psychotic rednecks in that conference. We wanted to move with OU and it was our only option.

Reactions: huskerj12
Yeahhh Bolt is a great fit for NU and I would love for him to keep building here, but the team who was 1 run away from a national championship is not going to be sniffing around here for their new coach. Unless something goes horribly awry with their coaching search.
I'd put money on skip johnson at OU. They don't care about baseball at all I think he'd take it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT