ADVERTISEMENT

Guess the hype is gone from Coach Prima Deion

FWIW, per ESPN.
i don't think that's a decision Deion can even make.

his college game is entirely predicated on building a massive talent advantage.

guys like Urban Meyer couldn't hack it in the NFL because the playing field is pretty close to level, except for the QB position.

I watched some of their spring game, wasn't pretty. I think it may be a rougher year for the sanders crew than last season.

Not in the high altitude runs.

Look, I am not here to defend the average Colorado fan, it's not my gig at all. I was into mountain hiking and frequented a board of like minded posters. They could be real jerks. Especially if they were of the Boulder variety. They were insufferable. Funny thing is they were great out on the trail. Just on the message board they were malicious.
In other words they love to talk shit behind the safety of a computer screen, but in person they're buddy buddy to not get beat the crap out of.

Not the day before. Husker fans are still cleaning up and homes are gone. Just saying. Colorado fans are the worst. They don't show up to cheer for CU. They show up to hate NU and CSU.

Tragic as our weather was, 99% of us were not affected. 100% of CU fans were.

I happen to be in the thick of that storm and had to drive over 4hrs out of my way to get around it. If we had the same weather for ours, our attendance would have been similar. Deion gives us plenty of reasons to laugh at him...this ain't one. The fact 28K people showed up was impressive. Forecasters were scaring the shit out of people starting 24hrs before that game. Interatate was down to one lane 6hrs before the game...an addl 1-2' of snow was predicted by some....if you're going to hold tbat against people then have at it.

Having said all that, I totally agree with you about CU fans....and Deion. I gave him plenty of grace to now but i'm all out. Dude is as weird as it gets and I think his time at CU will be considered a huge disappointment.

In other words they love to talk shit behind the safety of a computer screen, but in person they're buddy buddy to not get beat the crap out of.

I mtn bike in the Rockies a lot. I've yet to ever meet an asshole. I'm also wondering how many mtn bikers in Colorado are football fans and participate on message boards. My guess is about nill.

Reactions: king_kong_

. The fact 28K people showed up was impressive.

Having said all that, I totally agree with you about CU fans....and Deion. I gave him plenty of grace to now but i'm all out. Dude is as weird as it gets and I think his time at CU will be considered a huge disappointment.
Um...28k tickets were sold. Even the denver post said about 14k showed.

Reactions: gaper
I watched some of their spring game, wasn't pretty. I think it may be a rougher year for the sanders crew than last season.
Hope they suck but they do have a very good, experienced qb and we just hope Raiola will be ready when he is fair game to be hit. But our defense should be superior even if the offense sucks again.

It looks like the photo was taken after the game and it was like 30 degrees and rainy. They had like 28,000 there at the beginning, which is pretty good for Colorado standards.
South Denver got 6" of snow. It's stunning they drew 28,000. That would be around 15th nationally.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Hope they suck but they do have a very good, experienced qb and we just hope Raiola will be ready when he is fair game to be hit. But our defense should be superior even if the offense sucks again.
It will be different if we can actually score points. The defense didn’t start breaking down until having to go back out there after how many turnovers by our offense. In fact they actually played well the first half sacking Shedur at least a half dozen times.

Let me know when we can quit browbeating other programs' spring game attendance in favor of cleaning their clocks on the field.
You know, like it used to be. It's prime ski season there also. Surprised anyone showed up.
I don’t know about “prime ski season”—I think Breck and A Bay are still open, but the weather wasn’t great.

Not in the high altitude runs.

Look, I am not here to defend the average Colorado fan, it's not my gig at all. I was into mountain hiking and frequented a board of like minded posters. They could be real jerks. Especially if they were of the Boulder variety. They were insufferable. Funny thing is they were great out on the trail. Just on the message board they were malicious.
There’s no way in hell our office is going to suck again.

cu continues to leak serious talent. so i'm not confident one way or the other on sanders particularly when he loses his son and the other dude. and the league did him no favors scheduling: uofa, oSu, ku, utah, ucf, and k-state. that's four to six losses. but cu does have the b12 championship game scheduled and sanders said he wasn't impressed with the league, so who knows? the game at lincoln will foretell.

Reactions: nostromo78

I happen to be in the thick of that storm and had to drive over 4hrs out of my way to get around it. If we had the same weather for ours, our attendance would have been similar. Deion gives us plenty of reasons to laugh at him...this ain't one. The fact 28K people showed up was impressive. Forecasters were scaring the shit out of people starting 24hrs before that game. Interatate was down to one lane 6hrs before the game...an addl 1-2' of snow was predicted by some....if you're going to hold tbat against people then have at it.

Listen man, I'm really not appreciating your fair-mindedness right now.

• Haha
Reactions: timnsun
That’s the funny thing about Pascals comment, It is not prime skiing season. He’s just making excuses for one of his favorite teams.
Please list my my top ten great know-it-all.

The culture on here isn't about counter arguments because apparently that skill is non-existent. Instead create strawmen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT