ADVERTISEMENT

Super Official NCAA thread

Charlie Marlow

Athletic Director
Sep 23, 2005
In Your Head
thoughts? (selection committee should be fired, we know that) picks? etc

I'm going with Kentucky, Gonzaga, Villanova and Oklahoma as my Final Four

I don't trust any of the teams enough to pick a final four.

Don't trust Virginia's style of play in a one game situation.

Who the hell knows who will win between Arizona and Kentucky.

UNC has been terrible in the tournament as a 2 seed.

Xavier and Villanova don't play the competition of the other high seeds.

Idk...I'm just going to watch the games and surprised.

Can Arizona beat Virginia in the regionals? How do they match up?
A month ago, I would have said no. But Deandre Ayton has been a different player lately. He used to kind of coast through parts of games, but now he's just a beast. I despise Arizona, but I think they are underseeded as a #4.

I understand what you doing with these picks. Az St and Syracuse play each other Rd 1. That isn't even remotely possible :)
Arizona State doesn't play defense and Syracuse often can't put the ball through a hula hoop. It's like the resistible force meeting the fully portable object.

Reactions: husker2612
UCLA and the Bonnies passing the eye test. I could almost swear I'm watching an NBA game.

If Oklahoma reaches the final four, then you would know for sure that "The Fix Is In."

Wow, the Bonnies just got hosed on one of the worst calls I've seen in a while. Holliday stiff-arms the defender right in the chest, right in front of the official, and it goes UCLA's way. Awful.

It brings me pain any time Boheim wins
10770671-large.jpg

well
a. he's a cheater. it takes a lot to actually get punished by the ncaa. 5 years probation
b. he's one of the biggest arrogant aholes. hes always crying about how he should get in the ncaas or abusing the media etc
c. he demonized people who accused his assistant of sexual assault. school paid settlement

but im sure it had to do with that time kansas missed a billion free throws

Reactions: gw2kpro
This is the 4th year in a row where I’m doing a numbers pool vs picking the bracket. You know the pool where you pick a square and you get a digit for the winning and losing team score....in basketball every number is live. So my bracket is never busted any more and I’ve got a chance to win every game.

I’m sure people miss hearing me talk about my bracket though....

This is the 4th year in a row where I’m doing a numbers pool vs picking the bracket. You know the pool where you pick a square and you get a digit for the winning and losing team score....in basketball every number is live. So my bracket is never busted any more and I’ve got a chance to win every game.

The only way to go . . . pays somebody every game of the tournament.

Just don't be I'm-in-12-pools-and-let-me-tell-you-how-I'm-doing-in-all-of-them guy. Those are the people who drives me nuts. Makes you wonder if they also go to the track and bet on every horse.

Syracuse often wins in the tournament because teams have short notice to prepare for the zone defense. Kind of like how football teams have short notice to prepare to defend the option.

Got 1 pick right so far......(I have Tenn. too - they are kicking rear so far)

tSDSU (sorry, had to do it) hanging with the Buckeyes so far. Ohio State hot from the arc, but not pulling away.

Oklahoma is out. Rhode Island wins 83-78 in overtime

I think it was Charles Barkley who said during the selection show that RI would beat OU. He got booed for it, but turned out to be right. OU hasn’t played worth a crap since the end of January. Basically teams figured out the key to beating OU is to limit Trae Young. Just don’t let him beat you single handedly and you’re going to be in the game late and will have an opportunity to beat them.

Eh, was hoping the Jackrabbits could pull off the upset but it was not to be. Gave up way too many offensive boards, but a pretty good showing nonetheless.

Had to laugh at Chris Holtmann whining about the number of analysts picking against THE Ohio State University. I guess college basketball coaches need something to cry about, or they just cease to exist.

also at the NIT

ULL questioning their lower seed vs LSU: "We would like to play this game at home. Our athletic director reached out to the commissioner and to a couple others to get a read on the seeding and how that happened. ... Our RPI is much better, our record is much better, we feel like our gym's better, there are a lot of things that say we should be a higher seed than we were. We've got the second-best record in the entire tournament out of 32 teams, but it is what it is. ... We haven't gotten an answer yet. There's a lot of the old-school guys on that committee that just think LSU's better than we are. They haven't seen our facilities or looked at the finer print about our team. ... But we're excited to play a short trip, and I think LSU will be excited to play. Sometimes, a team that tied for ninth in their league isn't interested in playing. But they haven't been very good for a couple of years, so the NIT is a big step for them. ... I called Will when he got the job; I didn't ask him right then about playing, but I have since then and they're not interested. They probably didn't want to play this game, to be honest."

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Michigan trailing Montana 10-0 early. They'll likely be fine, but nothing like a 10-day break with no basketball!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT