ADVERTISEMENT

Super Official NCAA thread

Class Coach Tony Bennett. How he could go out on national TV after that and be interviewed, and be as composed and gracious as he was.

As historic as that was, this is way worse. Not just a #1 seed, the overall #1 seed.

I agree but to be the first team to lose as a one seed AND have a loss to a NAIA team as the #1 team in the country...ouch

Reactions: newAD
I just roared with laughter. U of Maryland-Baltimore County went up 14 on Virginia. Jim Nantz points out that UMBC had never defeated an ACC team. And in fact has only beaten one Power 5 team in their history. That was...you guessed it...Nebraska a few years ago.
Hahahaah

I just roared with laughter. U of Maryland-Baltimore County went up 14 on Virginia. Jim Nantz points out that UMBC had never defeated an ACC team. And in fact has only beaten one Power 5 team in their history. That was...you guessed it...Nebraska a few years ago.
Im rollin ass laughin right now...
Damnit we suck! RollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaugh

Cant wait for this nerdy guy:

Says at office "I picked UMBC! Called it!"
Also picked every other 16 seed. Doesnt share.

tXK-RvuK_normal.jpg
UMBC Athletics

@UMBCAthletics

We're up 12 on Virginia with 4:07 left, but more importantly we heard their may be some cookies left in the media dining area, will report back soon

Loyola takes down Tennessee. Ramblers advance!

Meanhwhile Gonzaga pitching tShutout against Ohio State.

Oops, the Bucks finally scored.

Last edited:
This has been a really good tournament..right amount of upsets and the big dogs getting to omaha...no one outside of Tennessee wanted them to win..Virginia is a very boring 1 seed...Historically bounced

Since Loyola is coached by a former Bluejay, I'm certain Bruce Rasmussen has fixed the Ramblers' run to the Sweet 16. Not sure how he did it, but I'll bet several people here are hot on the trail.

Reactions: newAD and shine003
Looks like if Michigan St can hang on it’s going to be a great sweet 16 here in Omaha...

Doesn’t matter who wins between Clemson and Auburn.

So one of the last at large teams in the dance (and a team a few on here said shouldn’t get in) just knocked off the regular season #1 BIG team, in their home state.

Anyone still want to debate the quality of the level of basketball in the mighty Big 10 this year?

So one of the last at large teams in the dance (and a team a few on here said shouldn’t get in) just knocked off the regular season #1 BIG team, in their home state.

Anyone still want to debate the quality of the level of basketball in the mighty Big 10 this year?

Syracuse put the clamps down on MSU the last 7 minutes or so and then tried repeatedly to give the game away. Bridges picked a bad time to have arguably the worst game of his career. And still they were in it. It's absurd to think a team can shoot 26%, shoot 15 free throws fewer than the opponent and still only lose by 2.

I legitimately have no clue whether Syracuse is actually good or not or if they advanced solely because the Spartans played their worst game of the season. I'd like to say we'll know next week how good they are but that game against Duke is a coinflip because of the slow pace.

ADVERTISEMENT