ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Clips

blackshirts25

Walk On
Dec 10, 2004
So when I was a kid my Mom would take me to her place because I was special. They did a really good job and a really nice lady would shampoo my young head before finishing up the back. As I’m now an adult and moved around 8 miles from my parents house I had to find a new haircut spot. To date the best I’ve found is a place called Sports Clips. Positives are they also usually do a nice job on my style and offer a warm wash in between and double check that I’m happy at the end. Cons are getting the maybe not most talented person due to my position in line, as they don’t do appointments, and maybe the cut and shampoo isn’t as good. Sometimes I leave feeling refreshed, others like I wish I could set up an appointment with that killer like I did at my Mom’s spot. This has left me wondering if there is more out there. Where do you gentleman, and even ladies who might know, find a spot gentleman can get their haircut and a shampoo
for their money and feel good. Omaha metro, but if it’s good enough maybe a state over. Thanks.

Sports clips is all about luck of the draw. One by my place is either great or gets me out within 3 minutes with no second look. Best sports clips I got mine was on like 78th and dodge. Haven't once had a bad experience there. And college students get the free mvp.
You could try classic barbershop if price doesn't bother you too much.

The one I go to in Lincoln used to have smoking hawt gals in yoga pants cutting hair. Now..girls in yoga pants.:(
15a65a975aa422cbe08bedfa0f6b8d9d.jpg

B8vZFTuIEAEWWUD.jpg

Maxson in fairbury and Beatrice. Agree on the barbershop!!

I live by the Phrase ‘ only difference between good hair and bad haircut is 3 or 4 days ‘. I agree old school barber but I live small town barber has been at it for 50 yrs he gave up the straight razor prolly good decision for all concerned. Lol

Reactions: huskerfan66
Hairitage barber shop, by Brother Sebastian's south of 120th & Pacific. They make appointments. Ask for Pat. 402-697-1700. $23 for basic cut. Open Saturdays, closed Mondays. Highly recommended. I used to do Sport Clips too and got sick of waiting for 1 hour if 3 people snuck in 30 seconds ahead of me.

A lot calling for barber shops. I get it. But what about that shampoo? Does Buzz break out the lavender, or is it scissors, clips and shave only.

Dude, you gotta find the old guy barbershop. It’s gotta have Field & Stream magazines etc. You won’t get a better cut for a better price.

complete with shellacked Knotty Pine paneling, wall mounted fish & game. A neck shave, talcum powder, brushed off with a badger hair brush, Pinaub Clubman after shave for your shaved neck and
a splash of Little Tiger hair tonic.

my old school barber retired after me being a customer for 35 years.
went to sport clips and they have a fit blonde gal thats been doing a good job since

Reactions: blackshirts25
Double check your sport clips, because the ones here in the twin cities allow you to specify a stylist if you want to wait.

You can just enter the queue and get the luck of the draw or if you have one you really like, you can select that person and wait.

I seen it mentioned but I know any sports clips I’ve been to I was able to essentially enter the que and if the barber I wanted was the one that called my number I could wait and let people bypass until my barber became available... now I don’t need to wait since I’m married to my barber... and I get the shampoo, the straight edge to shave the side burns, and back of the neck... and always makes sure I’m taken care of after it’s all said and done... ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT