ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Cards. What is your best card and story?? And Do you Grade??? Need some serious advice.

Back in the day, it was really sort of casual? I guess?

Basically seemed like a garage sale but inside a hotel convention center? I am sure you know what I mean. It seemed more about seeing other cards and less about selling them?
Speaking of hotel convention centers.... is there anything more 90's than some baseball player signing autographs in a hotel on Cornhusker Hwy. I can't even remember who my dad took me to get. Maybe Dwight Gooden and a few others.

All the matters is what is grades at with PSA...I don't follow it a lot but I feel like in the last year card prices have gone down a decent amount. Also what do you mean #1 of 50?

All the matters is what is grades at with PSA...I don't follow it a lot but I feel like in the last year card prices have gone down a decent amount. Also what do you mean #1 of 50?
Only 50 of that particular card were manufactured. It’s very rare. No matter what the grade is he’s going to get a lot of money for it. Some Jordan collector out there needs it and will pay up.

Reactions: superman787
It is LITERALLY the first one printed. Only 50 were made and this is #1. The dealer's I talked to said that can add anywhere from an extra 20 to 25 percent to the value.

Sold my massive collection about 10 years ago. Kept only a few. Ozzie Smith RC is my favorite. I frequently miss it, but it’s just a bit overwhelming, and grading is all part of the fun that has been drained out of it. That said, if my kiddos had any interest, i would no doubt reengage. I have 2 girls and they don’t have any interest.

I didn't notice any numbers on the card from online sources having to do with 1-50.
Exactly. :)

If you look on EBay the ones that are listed are the ones with the blue boarder. This has the black boarder refractor.

Again, depending on condition the could be $$$

Very, very rare.

Exactly. :)

If you look on EBay the ones that are listed are the ones with the blue boarder. This has the black boarder refractor.

Again, depending on condition the could be $$$

Very, very rare.
Superman - show a picture from the internet of the card you have if you could?

Superman - show a picture from the internet of the card you have if you could?
Must be this card. Just weird a card of him with the wizards is worth so much. This guy wants $30k

eyJpdiI6IkpCOUxJTG5oU2dJQ3YydEsyYmFNRWc9PSIsInZhbHVlIjoiQzl2T093NDZ2a0RKZ1k1UHdKZDdISEVaZGd3ajZFcDQxckdwY2VDSlFVNTg3bHRLaHlOSy9ldE5MWjl1UUdBRVFCUFNHN3I3cUdPVm5VYm95aVlNWmc9PSIsIm1hYyI6IjdiYjJhYzBlYTU5MmE5Yjg1NWFhZTA2ODcxNDZhOGUwNTlkMThmZjIxYjJkY2I1YjRjMWEyYTI1MjY1YTYyOTMiLCJ0YWciOiIifQ==

Reactions: superman787
Yeah that’s it. Those values are way low. OP can easily get 10-15k .. double my amounts depending how it grades
This is actual sales though - so I’m not so sure. Anyone can ask $20k for a card but I believe this site measures actual price. Probably good to temper expectations - hopefully he gets more. Even if he doesn’t - still an unreal find in commons!

Hello my Husker Board Friends!!!

Long story short. I am 49 years old, I have lived through the junk era .
Over years I have picked cards. We have owned a storage unit for 15 years. No Shit, half of that storage unit is cards I bought at garage sales over the years, pissed the wife off something fierce!! lol

Life happened. Kid, Wife, Job, and build a Home. Put It On Ice
Anyways we just finished up our edition.

Every Night since Feb I have been purging cards. (The Junk Era Crushes My Soul)

I cry every night....I have books and books of Mike Geenwell's, Jose Canseco, and Ken Griffey Jr's. That was going to be my retirement, lol. Not worth hardly anything now.

I have held on to everything.

Fast forward 15 years.

I AM PURGING. Need to clear the storage unit and half is my Star Wars and Baseball Cards.

I am going through my old cards and crying in my soul because I know my massive collection is worthless. It can be "Soul Breaking!!! I shit you not, LOL!!! Damn You Jose Canseco!!!

Now on to the garage sale bulk totes. Been going though since Feb....Eight totes.

NEVER LEAVE A STONE UNTURNED

I found in the commons.....

Michael Jordan 2001 Topps Chrome Black Refractor

GOOGLE IT

Wait for it.....#1 of 50. Yep.

I took it to the card show in Grand Island last weekend to test the response. You would have thought I was Taylor Swift walking into a room of 15 year old girls. Everybody at the show had to check it out. (Between us. It was the coolest moment of My Life)

I am not making this up guys. I have not slept two weeks. Kinda Freaking out. lol

It is in a safety despot box, now I need figure out how to get a card graded. Any advice would be awesome.

PSA for Grading??

Go Huskers!!
PSA then Beckett for basketball. Don’t do SGC unless it’s vintage.

There’s a show in council bluffs this summer and graders will be there.

If anyone is selling their collection I’ll gladly buy. If it’s vintage we’ll pay 80% of comps to 90% for bigger cards. We’ll buy anything from 1k to 200k range.

This is actual sales though - so I’m not so sure. Anyone can ask $20k for a card but I believe this site measures actual price. Probably good to temper expectations - hopefully he gets more. Even if he doesn’t - still an unreal find in commons!
Agree 100%. The grade will determine everything. Even if it comes back a an 8, it is still going to be in the thousands.

Agree 100%. The grade will determine everything. Even if it comes back a an 8, it is still going to be in the thousands.
Correct! When I sent cards out to get graded from my childhood - I had a Jordan beam team from stadium club first year that came back as a 9.5.
My Montana RC came back as an 8.5 but I’m going to send in to PSA to have it regraded - if it hits a minimum that I will list they will repackage and put it in their case. Difference from 8.5 to 9 is pretty big and it had a 9.5 sub grade, 8.5, 8.5 and an 8 …. Hoping it will get me over the hump with PSA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT