ADVERTISEMENT

Something going down today?

We just fired one of the only coaches that would never have bolted for a different gig. That's simply not a major consideration...you want to have a coach other top programs would love to steal.
Nice strawman argument.

someday I wonder if the metaverse will be used to test players, on decision making...like programing a game situation coming at a lb...and the player has to move the correct way...not for the physical part but mental part
Like using an Xbox or PS5 today with a video game?

Reactions: redwine65
I did a quick little piece of research on Ruhle and his hiring history.

No doubt the rest of Rhule assistants will be let go when they make their new hire. It’s one the points that a national pundit made about why Rhule would not just go play golf. He’s got buddies that will need jobs.

Great post
I did a little bit deeper dive and found some more long-term coaches who he has retained since the days of Temple, Baylor, and Carolina.
Some of the positions have different designations, so it's not exactly the same position titles as what we are used to.

A guy George DeLeone is a Sr. Offensive Consultant.
RB coach Jeff Nixon has been either the Co-OC or RB coach(now) all the way since Baylor.
LB coach Mike Siravo has been with him every year beginning at Temple.
DL coach Frank Okam has been with him since 2018 and 2 stops.
DB coach Evan Cooper has been with him since 2018 and 2 stops.
TE coach reunited with Ruhle at Carolina after an earlier stint at Temple.

**WR coach Frisman Jackson was with him since 2015 at Temple and has been his WR coach the entire time.

So, OC/DC/RB/LB/DL/DB/WR coaches are long term relationships.

Too busy to find right now, but I remember reading about he prioritizes athletes who can deadlift well with a trap bar. Studies show that this is a better revealer on explosiveness than squat or standard deadlift.

I could be way off from what you're thinking about. But this aspect is there too.
I'll try to find it so we can both read and refresh what it says.

I did a little bit deeper dive and found some more long-term coaches who he has retained since the days of Temple, Baylor, and Carolina.
Some of the positions have different designations, so it's not exactly the same position titles as what we are used to.

RB coach Jeff Nixon has been either the Co-OC or RB coach(now) all the way since Baylor.

**WR coach Frisman Jackson was with him since 2015 at Temple and has been his WR coach the entire time.

I thought Joe Daly was the Panthers WR coach?

I did a quick little piece of research on Ruhle and his hiring history.

From Temple to Baylor to the Carolina Panthers 2 guys have been with him at every stop.

DC Phil Snow (has been with Ruhle from Temple to Baylor to the Panthers).

OC Thomas from 2016 at Temple to Baylor for 2017-2019. Then after Joe Brady in 2020, it was Thomas as OC again for the Panthers.

His history for S & C strength coaches suggests he makes a change almost every year. Williams Jr, Chris Ruf, Kaz Kazadi. (At least in college).

For the Panthers, he hired Jeremy Scott at least for 2020-2021.

He would appear to be very faithful to the long-term guys, they may be good friends and he must feel they are very good at what they do. If I recall, both Snow and Thomas are still with the Panthers, so, I can almost assume they would follow Ruhle to NU if he gets the job?

And he may be looking annually for that "perfect" hire as his S & C strength coach.
Phil Snow will be 67 years old in 2023 and Glenn Thomas was not rehired by the Panthers in 2020. Glenn Thomas was coaching at UNLV 2020-2021 and then hired by ASU in 2022 as OC and quarterbacks coach.

Petersen is not bad. I do wonder though if he's like a Mack Brown type of guy where his rocket, while still high, seems to maybe have burnt through most of it's fuel.

All time win%: 79.46%

Boise State: 88.46%

Washington: 68.29%

Bowl record Boise: 71.43%

-Winning the conference outright 3 times and splitting the championship 2 times. Coming in 2nd twice.

-Making a bowl every single year

-Getting a BCS Bowl invite twice winning both times.

Bowl record Washington: 33.33%

-Making a bowl every single year

-Getting a BCS Bowl invite 3 times but losing all of them.

-In 6 years he won the PAC12 championship 2 times and coming in 2nd one other time.

I think this is a coach that would definitely improve Nebraska. He is squeaky clean.

After going into this guy's record I'd be surprised if TA did not at least put feelers out.
I remember that Peterson's name was being thrown around in one of the previous Nebraska coaching searches. At the time it was said that his college choices were limited due to some medical condition of his wife. Don't know if that was true at the time and/or if it might have changed. Just what I remember reading.

I remember that Peterson's name was being thrown around in one of the previous Nebraska coaching searches. At the time it was said that his college choices were limited due to some medical condition of his wife. Don't know if that was true at the time and/or if it might have changed. Just what I remember reading.

It was actually his youngest son, they discovered he had a brain tumor that had spread to his spine when he was only 14 months. He went through surgery and treatment, survived, and he is now 24 years old.

I believe Jeff Nixon is the father of former Husker WR Will Nixon, now at Washington.

Yes. I have taken graduate level courses in formal logic along with a significant amount of self study and you were definitely using a strawman argument, as is extremely common around here along with a number of other logical fallacies which occur with a frequency around here that would make even career politicians blush.

Yes. I have taken graduate level courses in formal logic along with a significant amount of self study and you were definitely using a strawman argument, as is extremely common around here along with a number of other logical fallacies which occur with a frequency around here that would make even career politicians blush.
Brags on graduate-level courses ... cites wikipedia.

Now this is a strawman argument. Just because you’ve taken a course doesn’t mean you know what you’re talking about. You could’ve failed the course.

I'm not a fan of his at all. I just find the LL love odd, especially when the same people want no part of Campbell, who is a better, younger version of the sam boring coach.
I agree with you and I was warming to the idea of LL a little bit but got tired of him never actually shutting down reporters talking about him leaving. He's good for kansas and hopefully they keep getting better, but he should be left there

Reactions: headcard

giphy.gif

Phil Snow will be 67 years old in 2023 and Glenn Thomas was not rehired by the Panthers in 2020. Glenn Thomas was coaching at UNLV 2020-2021 and then hired by ASU in 2022 as OC and quarterbacks coach.
"quick" means I did it pretty fast. There were discrepancies between a generic Google search and a Panther site.

When Ruhle signs on the dotted line, we can get more specific Minn.

Last edited:
Stoops and BOB would probably be safe bets.
There's some other guy on Twitter that has been saying it's been a done deal for a couple of weeks and 80pct of the fanbase would be happy. He also said it's a name that hasn't gotten much play. He's likely full of Iowa, but if he isn't, Stoops could fit the bill. He also claims MJ isn't the guy and he loves the word source and telling people to be patient.

He will probably spout off once the cat is out of the bag with "I told you so".

Handle (B1GHuskers).

Reactions: dand84 and headcard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT