ADVERTISEMENT

Something going down today?

Damon Benning said the Board of Regents has been called for a special session today.
Chris Dunker of the LJS just tweeted that the BOR is NOT meeting today, and that they can't meet without giving proper notice.

(thanks Leodis)

Reactions: king_kong_
Why would you rather have LL over Campbell?

MC is 16 years younger. Has a better record as a P5 coach, and won sooner at ISU (8 wins his second year).
Matt Campbell has quickly became a twat towards the isu fanbase, and as much as I like to make fun of them (I'm from Des Moines) it's completely undeservedly so. He's a prick who won't adjust his coaching and he's starting to see the effects of that as everyone has figured him out

that-was-fun-well-that-was-fun.gif

Maybe next week?

You really think Mickey would stay here for 5-6 years as coach-in-waiting to take over when he's 60 years old?
Yes. Makes bank, picks up some tips from a guy that's been doing it for a few years, takes over and gets to be HC at the place he loves for 5-12 years. Sounds pretty sweet.

Reactions: BleedRed78
People on the Rhule train would be interested for your take on how CAR has looked better than ever without MR?

If it wasn’t for a stupid kicker, they’d be in first place right now

Let me guess, Rhules a college guy not an NFL guy.

Matt Campbell has quickly became a twat towards the isu fanbase, and as much as I like to make fun of them (I'm from Des Moines) it's completely undeservedly so. He's a prick who won't adjust his coaching and he's starting to see the effects of that as everyone has figured him out

I'm not a fan of his at all. I just find the LL love odd, especially when the same people want no part of Campbell, who is a better, younger version of the sam boring coach.

Reactions: Swiv3D and auski
Scott Frost definitely did. There's a 'day in the life' video on youtube of Peterson on a regular fall camp day. He worked from 6 am to 9 pm non-stop. 15 hours a day is very typical for a Power 5 head coach. It's a job for grinders. Not guys that like fishing, hunting, partying, and chasing co eds.
Well I guess I should peel the stamp back off my resume letter.

The idea of Peterson doesn’t make my pants go crazy. Not because he isn’t a great coach, I just question the timing and his desire. He has done plenty and I just don’t see some grinding say and night for Nebraska football. Reeeeeaaallly want to know if BoB or Rhule want this gig. Like really want the gig or only want it’s because it’s what they think they should want. We need their talent and an equal amounts of desire. That’s what separates the Belichicks, Woods, Jordan’s and Kobe’s of this world. The ability and desire. We get that, we win…and win soon. Mickey no doubt has that desire, but his ability to succeed is the ultimate ?. GBR.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I'm not a fan of his at all. I just find the LL love odd, especially when the same people want no part of Campbell, who is a better, younger version of the sam boring coach.
It's because they're not the same coach at all. Campbell has an Iowa strategy of playing a ball control offense and relying on defense to win. Leipold has a much more dynamic offense that actually fits Nebraska well. Yes the Kansas defense sucks. Defense is easily fixed by hiring a good coordinator. Leipold would be a fantastic fit here and he'd want to be here, I don't think he'd leave unless we didn't want him anymore.

Reactions: Truewooper
I did a quick little piece of research on Ruhle and his hiring history.

From Temple to Baylor to the Carolina Panthers 2 guys have been with him at every stop.

DC Phil Snow (has been with Ruhle from Temple to Baylor to the Panthers).

OC Thomas from 2016 at Temple to Baylor for 2017-2019. Then after Joe Brady in 2020, it was Thomas as OC again for the Panthers.

His history for S & C strength coaches suggests he makes a change almost every year. Williams Jr, Chris Ruf, Kaz Kazadi. (At least in college).

For the Panthers, he hired Jeremy Scott at least for 2020-2021.

He would appear to be very faithful to the long-term guys, they may be good friends and he must feel they are very good at what they do. If I recall, both Snow and Thomas are still with the Panthers, so, I can almost assume they would follow Ruhle to NU if he gets the job?

And he may be looking annually for that "perfect" hire as his S & C strength coach.

Last edited:
From Temple to Baylor to the Carolina Panthers 2 guys have been with him at every stop.

DC Phil Snow (has been with Ruhle from Temple to Baylor to the Panthers).

OC Thomas from 2016 at Temple to Baylor for 2017-2019. Then after Joe Brady in 2020, it was Thomas as OC again for the Panthers.

His history for S & C strength coaches suggests he makes a change almost every year. Williams Jr, Chris Ruf, Kaz Kazadi. (At least in college).

For the Panthers, he hired Jeremy Scott at least for 2020-2021.

He would appear to be very faithful to the long-term guys, they may be good friends and he must feel they are very good at what they do. If I recall, both Snow and Thomas are still with the Panthers, so, I can almost assume they would follow Ruhle to NU if he gets the job?

And he may be looking annually for that "perfect" hire as his S & C strength coach.
No doubt the rest of Rhule assistants will be let go when they make their new hire. It’s one the points that a national pundit made about why Rhule would not just go play golf. He’s got buddies that will need jobs.

Great post

Okay but then there are guys who would be happy building and sustaining success at Nebraska. Why then would we hire a guy that might bolt?
We just fired one of the only coaches that would never have bolted for a different gig. That's simply not a major consideration...you want to have a coach other top programs would love to steal.

No doubt the rest of Rhule assistants will be let go when they make their new hire. It’s one the points that a national pundit made about why Rhule would not just go play golf. He’s got buddies that will need jobs.

Great post
Thanks, dingle.

In the event the rumor is true, it helps to paint a partial picture of the types of assistants he has a history with.

I didn't, although I should, track his other position coaches at all 3 stops and see if any other relationships might exist upon his hiring.

I know for sure, we NU fans are interested in him keeping Mickey, and it looks like the two big ones, OC/DC Ruhle may already be covered.

Assuming Rhule I had heard that he likes big recruiting bases and likes to go for speed (at least that was his strategy at Baylor). I think we see him really ramp up NIL money spending on players and let's MJ really work the national recruiting while he finds the 500-mile radius guys or as I like to call it the "state of Nebraska" players.
He seems to believe in model characteristics for athletes. Someone posted his methodology a while back. I'll see if I can find it and post it so those that are interested can read it.

Rhule would be very disappointing. If you can’t beat ranked teams, your ceiling in the B1G is lower than Iowa.

• Wow
Reactions: headcard
He seems to believe in model characteristics for athletes. Someone posted his methodology a while back. I'll see if I can find it and post it so those that are interested can read it.
Too busy to find right now, but I remember reading about he prioritizes athletes who can deadlift well with a trap bar. Studies show that this is a better revealer on explosiveness than squat or standard deadlift.

I could be way off from what you're thinking about. But this aspect is there too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT