ADVERTISEMENT

Some fans are nuts

ctlbyr

Walk On
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2007
Yesterday it wouldn’t have made any difference if Dabo, TO or anybody else was coaching yesterday. We were outclassed from the kickoff. Wouldn’t be surprised if not one of O linemen could make their 2 team. We were bear on line all day. That’s not MJ fault. Yet some fans think a different coach would have mattered

Yesterday it wouldn’t have made any difference if Dabo, TO or anybody else was coaching yesterday. We were outclassed from the kickoff. Wouldn’t be surprised if not one of O linemen could make their 2 team. We were bear on line all day. That’s not MJ fault. Yet some fans think a different coach would have mattered
Agree … but if you can’t judge MJ based on the results of this team what can you judge him on?

his resume consists of being a position coach and a good recruiter which doesn’t put you on the radar for a power 5 head coaching job unless you happen to win as an interim

Yesterdays game has no impact on Mickey not potentially getting the gig. NONE. Unless they somehow would’ve pulled a win out of their arses. That game is just the most recent ingredient in the shit soup that is Husker football. Couple more weeks and then the real hand wringing starts.

Yesterdays game has no impact on Mickey not potentially getting the gig. NONE. Unless they somehow would’ve pulled a win out of their arses. That game is just the most recent ingredient in the shit soup that is Husker football. Couple more weeks and then the real hand wringing starts.
How many days until spring practices?

When they lost to MINN, that took MJ off the list. He did not control Whip and that cost him the game and the season.

• Haha
Reactions: Gary.Busey

Well, we didn't cover the spread. Nobody expected Mickey to beat Michigan, but you're not going to win the job as an interim coach unless you exceed expectations. He's 3-4 against the spread so far, and 2-5 overall. He has no prior head coaching experience, no coordinator experience, and very little Power 5 coaching experience in any role. A guy with his resume is not someone you hire to try to resurrect a program that's in the toilet.

It is MJ's fault and he has said so himself numerous times. Why do we have to keep making excuses for the guy? He's failed in his trial run and he won't be the permanent HC.

Well, we didn't cover the spread. Nobody expected Mickey to beat Michigan, but you're not going to win the job as an interim coach unless you exceed expectations. He's 3-4 against the spread so far, and 2-5 overall. He has no prior head coaching experience, no coordinator experience, and very little Power 5 coaching experience in any role. A guy with his resume is not someone you hire to try to resurrect a program that's in the toilet.
People that hire coaches don't care about records against the spread.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
When they lost to MINN, that took MJ off the list. He did not control Whip and that cost him the game and the season.

The televised yawn on the sideline didn’t help him either. I know we are bad but you would think the head coach could stay interested.

• Haha
Reactions: Gary.Busey
He takes responsibility. That's what you want him to do. You know, instead of throwing the players under the bus.
W L T is ALL that matters.

....and the T don't stand for TakingResponsibility. Noble, but nobility doesn't keep you in the coaching ranks.

Agreed, people that want to hire MJ are nuts.

Reactions: Lincoln100
Can someone please elaborate to me why Mickey has to be the new coach in their opinion? I commend him for keeping the team together and not quitting but I am incredibly confused as to why anyone thinks he should be named the full time head coach.

Reactions: Bruce1981
Yesterday it wouldn’t have made any difference if Dabo, TO or anybody else was coaching yesterday. We were outclassed from the kickoff. Wouldn’t be surprised if not one of O linemen could make their 2
We were a 30 point dog for a reason.
team. We were bear on line all day. That’s not MJ fault. Yet some fans think a different coach would have mattered

Reactions: Lincoln100
Can someone please elaborate to me why Mickey has to be the new coach in their opinion? I commend him for keeping the team together and not quitting but I am incredibly confused as to why anyone thinks he should be named the full time head coach.
Played for the Huskers in the 90s. Rhule didn’t.

I like Joseph and was hoping he would pull off a miracle by dragging this dog shit roster to a winning record and a bowl game. That probably would have meant he gets the interim tag removed and comes back next year as head coach.

But he didn't, and he won't. Doesn't mean I think he's a failure or a bad coach, he just won't be getting this job.

Reactions: Dylman and JOHNNY N
What kool-aid is trev selling? He hasn't had much to say about the coaching search.

Oh wait, you're one of those "hates trev no matter what" guys.
As far as I know, Trev has said exactly zero on the search. He has not teased a person to the media, has not floated any trial balloons, and has zero leaks coming out of the department. He did what was best for the program and fired the head coach after 3 games. I will wait till after the announcement to hate Trev and drink his Kool-aid.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
If they hire Mickey. 100% the sell out streak is ending. You cannot sell fans on a guy that goes 2-7 as an interim head coach. He is not qualified to be the head coach. I like Mickey and I wish him well. But you do not give a guy with that resume a job like this

What kool-aid is trev selling? He hasn't had much to say about the coaching search.

Oh wait, you're one of those "hates trev no matter what" guys.
I hate the fact we should have had a national AD search and instead we go with another. “He played in the 90s huskers, he knows what it takes” guy.

Reactions: TheNewNU
There wasn't a national search?

So you hate trev because he played in the 90s?
This 3-9 season is on Trev. He kept frost knowing and stating publicly it wouldn’t work. Because he was a husker.
Trev was not the most qualified but he got the job mainly because he was a husker. I’m no other place would Alabama hire an AD who cut football at his last job. (Not arguing cutting football was the right move). But Nebraska deserves an AD who can go out and get a big name like Kiffin. Trev isn’t it.

This 3-9 season is on Trev. He kept frost knowing and stating publicly it wouldn’t work. Because he was a husker.
Trev was not the most qualified but he got the job mainly because he was a husker. I’m no other place would Alabama hire an AD who cut football at his last job. (Not arguing cutting football was the right move). But Nebraska deserves an AD who can go out and get a big name like Kiffin. Trev isn’t it.
Stop reading after the 1st sentence. Clownshow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT