ADVERTISEMENT

Screw You Guys

And whom might that next guy be?

Whoever is next on your depth chart. In this case I'm talking about Purdy. Please don't make this rocket science because it's not. Guys struggle and get replaced in football all the time. Sometimes we as fans agree with it and sometimes we don't. That's part of playing big time college football. I'm not sure why so many people are so afraid or against giving someone else a chance when the current guy is obviously struggling. I don't think I seen anyone on any message board I seen that had a problem when it was time for Sims to get replaced after he stunk up the joint. But why is it different now? What are we so afraid of??

Holla

Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
It's a rebuild year, BUT what gives people hope during those years is seeing a light the end of the tunnel, in college sports that means recruiting. Our biggest issue appears to be QB and our QB recruiting is lacking. Given Rhule's comments about Sims, do you really trust him to even make a decision on this? His last 5 starter choices going back to the Panthers have been terrible. What is going on in his QB decision making process very concerning.

Fvck off you idiot. This is a rebuild year and we're lucky to have as many wins as we do. Get that through your tiny pea brains or get off the board. Real fans only.

You are the idiot for thinking someone isn't a fan because they want players who aren't playing well replaced by other players who may play better. You are the type of idiot who would've gave Scott Frost 3 more years because "who else are we gonna get" or because "we are so close".

Rebuild or not you want these guys to perform at a passing level. We seen Sims sat down. We seen Grant sat down. We seen Butler put ahead of Gunnerson in the DC. I could keep going. Why is it a problem now? Ruhle isn't trying to win 1 more game like your scared of success ass. He's trying to win them all.

Clown

Holla

It's a rebuild year, BUT what gives people hope during those years is seeing a light the end of the tunnel, in college sports that means recruiting. Our biggest issue appears to be QB and our QB recruiting is lacking. Given Rhule's comments about Sims, do you really trust him to even make a decision on this? His last 5 starter choices going back to the Panthers have been terrible. What is going on in his QB decision making process very concerning.
Panthers situation was gm you dork

You are the idiot for thinking someone isn't a fan because they want players who aren't playing well replaced by other players who may play better. You are the type of idiot who would've gave Scott Frost 3 more years because "who else are we gonna get" or because "we are so close".

Rebuild or not you want these guys to perform at a passing level. We seen Sims sat down. We seen Grant sat down. We seen Butler put ahead of Gunnerson in the DC. I could keep going. Why is it a problem now? Ruhle isn't trying to win 1 more game like your scared of success ass. He's trying to win them all.

Clown

Holla
Tongue Goat GIF

Reactions: jamsand
Iowa fans have their own offensive problems to worry about. I doubt they would be in here bitching about our poor QB play. I've been called a lot but never an Iowa fan 😂.

Holla
Nothing different from you calling me Mr Haarberg lol

Literally every person on this board said AM was the best we’ve got for 4 years, myself excluded

We have 1 playmaker on offense and he played terribly yesterday

EJ and Grant have yet to pop a 35 yard play. Our receivers can’t catch on the off chance the ball’s on the money. Our line is an absolute sieve

I’m not sure what you assholes expect. That we’re in the mix and a game away from bowling is nothing short of a miracle considering we don’t have a single player on offense, not just QB, who could play elsewhere.
IF we could complete forward passes to open receivers teams wouldn’t be selling out to stop the run. Our expectation is that a starting P5 QB should be able to do that. Yeah Heinrich had a really nice throw in to a tight window at one point but he just can’t consistently find and hit open guys. I don’t think we did him any favors with our play calling but there were completions to be had in the passing game. Heinrich left several TDs on the field.

Who are making a huge crusade reviving all these topics in an attempt to dog on HH. Like seriously, love him or hate him, he's literally all we got. Support your damn team or piss off. Go cheer for someone else.

Next year's likely gonna look different. Might not... The injuries on offense are insane. This season was always going to be about growth, not dominance. Some people are straight delusional and out of touch with reality. I'd hate to have to work alongside someone so out of touch in the work place...

Go suck on Sims' checked out nuts. Go HH, and GBR. We've got at least 1-2 more wins in them and go bowling finally!
Well. I’m glad you didn’t really tell us how you feel. The criticism of Heinrich is to be expected given a pretty lackluster performance. Yeah he’s inexperienced but man he missed some opportunities badly in the passing game. It’s frustrating for everybody. His long run on the flip side got us back in the game. He had one tight window pass that was a great throw. Then a minute later he sailed a ball over an open receiver that would have been a big play. We have to win one more and clearly Rhule thinks he’s our best chance to do that.

Well. I’m glad you didn’t really tell us how you feel. The criticism of Heinrich is to be expected given a pretty lackluster performance. Yeah he’s inexperienced but man he missed some opportunities badly in the passing game. It’s frustrating for everybody. His long run on the flip side got us back in the game. He had one tight window pass that was a great throw. Then a minute later he sailed a ball over an open receiver that would have been a big play. We have to win one more and clearly Rhule thinks he’s our best chance to do that.
I get the criticism. But some people are really harping on him as if they want Sims back in, or as if Purdy would actually do anything remotely of value if he were to get in. I know you've said Purdy, but I just don't get it.

At this point we've got what we've got for this season. Next week likely be different. Until then, we cheer for HH and the Skers with what we've got. Anything anybody else says is silly and has clogged the board since the loss yesterday.

We need one single bitch thread so people can get it out and avoid the topic in that manner in other threads. Moderators could do more here it seems.

I get the criticism. But some people are really harping on him as if they want Sims back in, or as if Purdy would actually do anything remotely of value if he were to get in. I know you've said Purdy, but I just don't get it.

At this point we've got what we've got for this season. Next week likely be different. Until then, we cheer for HH and the Skers with what we've got. Anything anybody else says is silly and has clogged the board since the loss yesterday.

We need one single bitch thread so people can get it out and avoid the topic in that manner in other threads. Moderators could do more here it seems.
That isn’t a moderators job. We forget that Haarberg isn’t an experienced guy and it looks so easy from our recliner. That said, I’m not sure we’re doing him any favors by not sitting him for a series or two when he’s struggling like he did Saturday.

Clown

Holla
Damon Benning said on Big Red Wrap Up that the QB position is just handled differently; it just is. Doesn’t make it right or wrong, but head coaches are tied to their QBs. I trust what the coaches are seeing in practice and that H and Sims are our top 2 QBs
Are you ok with the line giving up 7 sacks and 12 tackles for loss? That’s a complete meltdown on offense including the o line
Should they all be benched too?
If Rhule makes a bowl without all the offensive weapons he’s missing that’s quite a feat, even in a down year.
Purdy? Come on now. It should say something that H and Sims are still ahead of him despite their inability to take care of the ball
I’ll bet that Purdy doesn’t give them the same physical run element. You think Purdy does?
That’s NU’s offense is the QB run game
Much respect to you Kak but I got to trust the coaches on this one

I think Rhule wants to win, go bowling in his first year and as Dingle and a few others have said, he believes HH gives him the best chance to do so. I agree. It points directly to "progress". 100% Rhule's not stupid and knows we need a QB.

I wouldn't mind seeing what Purdy can do, but I think a few people have said he's not physically able(?) if I caught it right.

Will be interesting to see how long the leash remains. If you turn the ball over, you can’t play for Rhule. Since it seems HH is really the main problem now in this particular area, and coming off a loss, next week could be interesting. I fully expect that they will start him, but if he’s farting it up, I sure hope they at least have a few packages ready for different guys in case we are desperate for a spark.

Damon Benning said on Big Red Wrap Up that the QB position is just handled differently; it just is. Doesn’t make it right or wrong, but head coaches are tied to their QBs. I trust what the coaches are seeing in practice and that H and Sims are our top 2 QBs
Are you ok with the line giving up 7 sacks and 12 tackles for loss? That’s a complete meltdown on offense including the o line
If Rhule makes a bowl without all the offensive weapons he’s missing that’s quite a feat, even in a down year.
Purdy? Come on now. It should say something that H and Sims are still ahead of him despite their inability to take care of the ball
I’ll bet that Purdy doesn’t give them the same physical run element. You think Purdy does?
Quite a few of the sacks are on our QB. IF you can’t complete passes to open receivers you’re one dimensional and that leads to TFLs. A DC has no fear in sending run blitzes against our offense. It’s one of the reasons we’ve had so many open receivers.

I think Rhule wants to win, go bowling in his first year and as Dingle and a few others have said, he believes HH gives him the best chance to do so. I agree. It points directly to "progress". 100% Rhule's not stupid and knows we need a QB.

I wouldn't mind seeing what Purdy can do, but I think a few people have said he's not physically able(?) if I caught it right.
I don’t know that he thinks that, but if he pulls HH after coming off a win, even if he was bad in the game they won, and the team them loses the game HH doesn’t start, he looks like a fool. I think he kept with him because, even though his performance wasn’t good, he didn’t want to yank him while the team was winning. Now that the team lost, and he again looked bad, we may see some shuffling.

Great questions...allow me to respond.

I heard everything you said. Did the same coaches deem Sims was better than HH before the season started? How do you feel about that decision now? Is it possible they were wrong about Sims? Wrong about HH? Wrong about Purdy also? I'm just saying we see coaches get it wrong all the time don't we?

Do you think the OL is responsible for all those sacks on the QB? If so you arent watching the same game. Our QB is responsible for just as many of those sacks as the OL was. He has no pocket awareness. You don't have all day to sit in the pocket. Make a decision and either run or throw it. His pocket awareness is one of his biggest issues. Now the OL definitely wasn't great. Especially in the run game but pass pro was as much a QB problem as a OL problem.

Should the OL all be benched? Im gonna assume you are just using hyperbole. We know you can't do that as we don't even have the numbers. HOWEVER in a case where one has been particularly bad like Corcoran was before he got hurt ABSOLUTELY I was in favor of benching him and I'm sure many others were as well.

Agree completely about HCMR making a bowl this year. What he's done so far all things considered is amazing. I don't have a problem with him I overall. I think he's a great coach. But they make mistakes as well no?

You could be onto something as far as Purdy not being inserted yet. God knows the other two have been God awful at points. I'd have guessed the same about HH also before he was forced into playing tho. Who knows? FWIW I still wouldn't be against sticking Sims back in there.

I'm not sure I'd say Sims was a physical runner but he was fast. HH is or at least was physical early on. As far as a runner I don't think he's as physical as HH but he's plenty fast. He also has experience with zone read and some options. Ruhle has even mentioned his speed as a runner. Not sure where the myth that he's immobile came from (not saying you said it).

The NU offense is the QB run game with THIS QB. That's where I think you are missing the point. They aren't running this because they want to. They are running it because they have to. Again I'm not saying Purdy could throw it around the yard but if he could complete simple open passes this offense would change dramatically. Currently we can even tell how good our WRs are because we can't get them the ball in positions to do anything with it. So for me there is still the unknown (for fans) about Purdy. Many are simply tired of watching the same mistakes and messy football over and over. I don't think that's wrong.

Finally you mentioned first about DB saying they handle QBs different and that's very true. I understand that. It's always been that way with football. I'm not even saying it's wrong either. I guess my point is how much do you watch before you say "ok let's give someone else a try"? It may not be as easy as I'm making it sound but I think HH has shown them that at least they need to have someone else prepared to go into the game should his struggles continue? Is that fair?

Question for you . How do you feel about his overall play? Are you satisfied with what you have seen from him? How would you have felt if they pulled him yesterday? Do you think it's impossible to pull him? I'm curious...

Thanks for the well thought out questions brother. That's what I'm on here for.

Holla

Last edited:
Who are making a huge crusade reviving all these topics in an attempt to dog on HH. Like seriously, love him or hate him, he's literally all we got. Support your damn team or piss off. Go cheer for someone else.

Next year's likely gonna look different. Might not... The injuries on offense are insane. This season was always going to be about growth, not dominance. Some people are straight delusional and out of touch with reality. I'd hate to have to work alongside someone so out of touch in the work place...

Go suck on Sims' checked out nuts. Go HH, and GBR. We've got at least 1-2 more wins in them and go bowling finally!
Not dogging on Haarberg, if anything think that Satterfield needs to be the one chastised and needs to step up his game, plus find out what happened to Haarberg during the bye week. That's when his game direction changed! Haarberg stopped delivering hits and started taking hits, his passing game wasn't great, but has gotten to the point where its miss or completely miss!

Reactions: BleedRed78
The surname Harberg was first found in Silesia, where the family became noted for its many branches within the region, many houses acquiring a status and influence which rivaled that of the landed aristocracy. In their later history some branches were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they distinguished themselves through their contributions to the social, political, and economic developments of the nation. The name is composed of the Old High German words "heri," meaning "throw” and "beorg," meaning "to other team." Therefore, it was probably originally given to someone who threw the ball to the other team.
law and order crazy shit GIF

If nobody else gets a shot to something better then yeah I guess he’s all we’ve got. I get that he’s an inexperienced QB but damn he is such a liability in the passing game. Not many teams are good enough in the run game to run it down somebody’s throat without a legitimate pass threat and we sure as hell aren’t.
Oh we are against most teams. I feel they called option pass way too early and weren't creative enough in the run game yesterday. Oh well. Division is still up for grabs until iowa beats us 21-0 on 3 interception returns.

Quite a few of the sacks are on our QB. IF you can’t complete passes to open receivers you’re one dimensional and that leads to TFLs. A DC has no fear in sending run blitzes against our offense. It’s one of the reasons we’ve had so many open receivers.
Great questions...allow me to respond.

I heard everything you said. Did the same coaches deem Sims was better than HH before the season started? How do you feel about that decision now? Is it possible they were wrong about Sims? Wrong about HH? Wrong about Purdy also? I'm just saying we see coaches get it wrong all the time don't we?

Do you think the OL is responsible for all those sacks on the QB? If so you arent watching the same game. Our QB is responsible for just as many of those sacks as the OL was. He has no pocket awareness. You don't have all day to sit in the pocket. Make a decision and either run or throw it. His pocket awareness is one of his biggest issues. Now the OL definitely wasn't great. Especially in the run game but pass pro was as much a QB problem as a OL problem.

Should the OL all be benched? Im gonna assume you are just using hyperbole. We know you can't do that as we don't even have the numbers. HOWEVER in a case where one has been particularly bad like Corcoran was before he got hurt ABSOLUTELY I was in favor of benching him and I'm sure many others were as well.

Agree completely about HCMR making a bowl this year. What he's done so far all things considered is amazing. I don't have a problem with him I overall. I think he's a great coach. But they make mistakes as well no?

You could be onto something as far as Purdy not being inserted yet. God knows the other two have been God awful at points. I'd have guessed the same about HH also before he was forced into playing tho. Who knows? FWIW I still wouldn't be against sticking Sims back in there.

I'm not sure I'd say Sims was a physical runner but he was fast. HH is or at least was physical early on. As far as a runner I don't think he's as physical as HH but he's plenty fast. He also has experience with zone read and some options. Ruhle has even mentioned his speed as a runner. Not sure where the myth that he's immobile came from (not saying you said it).

The NU offense is the QB run game with THIS QB. That's where I think you are missing the point. They aren't running this because they want to. They are running it because they have to. Again I'm not saying Purdy could throw it around the yard but if he could complete simple open passes this offense would change dramatically. Currently we can even tell how good our WRs are because we can't get them the ball in positions to do anything with it. So for me there is still the unknown (for fans) about Purdy. Many are simply tired of watching the same mistakes and messy football over and over. I don't think that's wrong.

Finally you mentioned first about DB saying they handle QBs different and that's very true. I understand that. It's always been that way with football. I'm not even saying it's wrong either. I guess my point is how much do you watch before you say "ok let's give someone else a try"? It may not be as easy as I'm making it sound but I think HH has shown them that at least they need to have someone else prepared to go into the game should his struggles continue? Is that fair?

Question for you . How do you feel about his overall play? Are you satisfied with what you have seen from him? How would you have felt if they pulled him yesterday? Do you think it's impossible to pull him? I'm curious...

Thanks for the well thought out questions brother. That's what I'm on here for.

Holla
Great response. Tell you where I’m at with H. I was ready for him to come out of the Northwestern game right about the time he threw that long pass to Coleman. He threw 2 picks that day too. I was ready for Sims to come in; I think a lot of fans were.
Am I satisfied with all the turnovers, no. He has given the offense a playmaker and has put some drives together.
I do think that there is a need to get more out of the qb spot but the HC is playing with some fire by pulling a guy.
Seems like Sims’ confidence is shot. Maybe you have to give Purdy more snaps in practice if that’s the case. Sims seems to have zero command of the offense for some reason. Like you said, it likely would’ve been a much different offense at the start of the year.
The bowl game and practices are too valuable to this program regardless of who starts next year.
To your point I think the WRs are developing
Have to get more out of the point guard of our offense I just don’t know who you turn the keys over to when the other guy has no confidence/command and Purdy I gotta trust is a firm number 3 on the depth chart and would be inserted if an injury occurred
Maybe you go to a two QB system, as there has to be things that Sims does well and things that H does well? Blend the two. Our offense was pathetic against MSU and can’t continue

Great response. Tell you where I’m at with H. I was ready for him to come out of the Northwestern game right about the time he threw that long pass to Coleman. He threw 2 picks that day too. I was ready for Sims to come in; I think a lot of fans were.
Am I satisfied with all the turnovers, no. He has given the offense a playmaker and has put some drives together.
I do think that there is a need to get more out of the qb spot but the HC is playing with some fire by pulling a guy.
Seems like Sims’ confidence is shot. Maybe you have to give Purdy more snaps in practice if that’s the case. Sims seems to have zero command of the offense for some reason. Like you said, it likely would’ve been a much different offense at the start of the year.
The bowl game and practices are too valuable to this program regardless of who starts next year.
To your point I think the WRs are developing
Have to get more out of the point guard of our offense I just don’t know who you turn the keys over to when the other guy has no confidence/command and Purdy I gotta trust is a firm number 3 on the depth chart and would be inserted if an injury occurred
Maybe you go to a two QB system, as there has to be things that Sims does well and things that H does well? Blend the two. Our offense was pathetic against MSU and can’t continue

This is fair and what I enjoy talking on this board. Well thought out and not over the top. Ty.

Holla

Why has HH gotten less criticism than Martinez and Sims?
For me, because of experience. AM had a ton of support his first year. Started to fade as he got experience but still made the same mistakes. Sims also has a ton of experience.

HH's time is coming. The masses will turn on him too.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Not dogging on Haarberg, if anything think that Satterfield needs to be the one chastised and needs to step up his game, plus find out what happened to Haarberg during the bye week. That's when his game direction changed! Haarberg stopped delivering hits and started taking hits, his passing game wasn't great, but has gotten to the point where its miss or completely miss!
Agreed that HH is not running with the authority he was. I think it's pretty apparent he's been coached the last 3 weeks to avoid contact.

His game now resembles Tmart post-injury.

Either let him do what he does, and protect him with the scheme, or put someone else in. Asking an athlete to quit doing what they do best is a recipe for disaster.

Holy crap, people love to argue about the QB position. Hey, I've been as supportive of HH as anyone but it might be time to take a look at something else. Yesterday I was left with the conclusion that we have a serious problem and probably won't win another game unless something changes. Since the QB depth chart will look different next season there's not much to lose.

We can debate this all we want but the STRONG likelihood is that the QB position remains a circus this season no matter who is out there. There is no savior. But sure, give Purdy a shot. I'm good with it.

it’s a message board, people can say or think what they want.

It won’t change a thing
Sure, it's a free country. Just like I'm free to ostracize those on here who are delusional given the current reality of the team we support.

To be fair, I don't think a lot of the bumped threads were dissing HH, they were aimed at certain posters who would rip on anyone criticizing HH as not being a real fan or whatever. Which is stupid.

In that case, I think the comeuppance is well earned.

For anyone else just ripping on HH, yeah, I think that's equally stupid. He's the best QB on the roster this year (which admittedly isn't saying much), and as fans we should support him. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't criticize him like we do everyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT