ADVERTISEMENT

So, who has the advantage with CU being your first game

Of course its a negative that NU didnt play. Having that game would make us better. This is obvious.

But Nebraska should still beat CU. And we will.

Reactions: bshirt73
I never said NU didn't have good athletes. I just think it's a bit far fetched to say they have all of these better athletes than CU when no one has seen them. It's not like the NFL draft has been littered with Huskers either (just 2 the last 2 years). You've had some recruiting rankings, but you've had more attrition than perhaps any team we play. If they are leaving, than they aren't developing. I guess you can blame everything on Mike Riley, but is that exactly accurate? Mike Riley has a long history as a successful coach at a place that is extremely difficult to win at (Oregon State). Blaming him may be more convenience than the reality that maybe the players weren't as athletic as some people thought. We will find out for sure.

As far as recruiting rankings, they are put on 16 year old kids who have yet to develop into men. Development is half the battle. If Riley were so terrible in the development area (all of a sudden), how is Frost going to develop them in what, 8 months if they spent years being underdeveloped? My points are valid if you take off the rose colored glasses.

you didn't watch any of the nebraska games the last three years did you....... Riley lost games with junior high game management alone, not to mention development, strength and conditioning, accountability, amongst many other things. it seems you may have come here looking to create an argument more than anything else.... typical Buff.

you didn't watch any of the nebraska games the last three years did you....... Riley lost games with junior high game management alone, not to mention development, strength and conditioning, accountability, amongst many other things. it seems you may have come here looking to create an argument more than anything else.... typical Buff.
Riley suddenly forgot to coach when he was at NU. I see. Maybe, just maybe, some of those players were hot garbage. Maybe, just maybe, that's why they didn't find their way to NFL rosters on the whole. Maybe, just maybe, you're being a bit myopic. I'm not sure I'm looking to create an argument. Saying Mike Riley is a junior high coach just doesn't hold water whatsoever. The Huskers were bad, because they were, well, bad. Mike obviously didn't do a great job, but there is no question that the talent level was not that great. None! If it were, the NFL would have come calling in droves. I mean, they went after division II players. Be real. NU may very well win this game. You have a good program. But, I doubt any person involved with CU looks at this game as unwinnable.

Riley suddenly forgot to coach when he was at NU. I see. Maybe, just maybe, some of those players were hot garbage. Maybe, just maybe, that's why they didn't find their way to NFL rosters on the whole. Maybe, just maybe, you're being a bit myopic. I'm not sure I'm looking to create an argument. Saying Mike Riley is a junior high coach just doesn't hold water whatsoever. The Huskers were bad, because they were, well, bad. Mike obviously didn't do a great job, but there is no question that the talent level was not that great. None! If it were, the NFL would have come calling in droves. I mean, they went after division II players. Be real. NU may very well win this game. You have a good program. But, I doubt any person involved with CU looks at this game as unwinnable.

Or maybe, just maybe a career .500 coach posted a .500 record in his time at Nebraska?

Reactions: timnsun
Well, the bottom line for me is that the Buffs will find a way to screw it up if they do have an advantage. Never has a program with so much achieved so little.

Great answer. Proof is provided in the numbers. You D is hot garbage after he left. Waiting for you to prove me wrong.
Already did in game 1. Program gets 645 yards week 0 gets under 300 yards in week 1 against CU (that's more than a 60% drop in production). Leavitt's defense was garbage when he first coached at CU. It was only good with bunches of NFL draft picks on it. This year, better depth, better speed, better talent, already better results. Thanks for asking for the numbers.

Already did in game 1. Program gets 645 yards week 0 gets under 300 yards in week 1 against CU (that's more than a 60% drop in production). Leavitt's defense was garbage when he first coached at CU. It was only good with bunches of NFL draft picks on it. This year, better depth, better speed, better talent, already better results. Thanks for asking for the numbers.

YOu CU guys are funny. So one game against a bad team, and all of the sudden your D is good again.... FFS you are something else.

The other negative for CU is that they played a piss poor defense. The false sense of security is a real thing. By reading some of the comments posted by the CU fans on here, they are falling for it too.

CU is still CU, one winning season in 5 years is still 1 winning season in 5 years. Y'all need to slow your roll

YOu CU guys are funny. So one game against a bad team, and all of the sudden your D is good again.... FFS you are something else.
Nothing is with certainty. The same staff that got us a 5 win season also got us a 10 win season so there's that. CU was mostly competitive even in it's 5 win season so there's that as well.

Washington, WSU, Utah say hello. Hell, USC got lazy after getting up big, and ASU crushed cu in the 4th qtr. But other than that, mostly competitive. Laughing

Washington, WSU, Utah say hello. Hell, USC got lazy after getting up big, and ASU crushed cu in the 4th qtr. But other than that, mostly competitive. Laughing
Got lazy? That's how you describe another team whooping on you I guess. That must be why we had more yards gained than USC. Hell, if not for the touchdown called back, game might have gone into OT considering we were at the 2 yard line at end of game. ASU did win late in the 4th quarter, but it wouldn't have gotten there if not for 2 wide open touchdown passes dropped. Hell, another touchdown called back against UCLA and no one is talking crap about a non bowl season. So, yes, mostly competitive both by score and by process. Far different than being 40 points behind early.

Got lazy? That's how you describe another team whooping on you I guess. That must be why we had more yards gained than USC. Hell, if not for the touchdown called back, game might have gone into OT considering we were at the 2 yard line at end of game. ASU did win late in the 4th quarter, but it wouldn't have gotten there if not for 2 wide open touchdown passes dropped. Hell, another touchdown called back against UCLA and no one is talking crap about a non bowl season. So, yes, mostly competitive both by score and by process. Far different than being 40 points behind early.

Dude, your coach has 2 winning season as a head coach. Your DC has 1 winning season as a DC.

Come back and talk your mess when you have a team that has accomplished something worth a damn.

What a reach with the usc garble, big reach. ASU flat out dominated cu in the 4th qtr, end of story. Shut your pie hole now and get out of here.

The fact that some people are actually pounding their chest is funny. I know very little of what Nebraska will look like and even less of Colorado. But Colorado has been one of the worst power 5 programs for some time. And I remember you pulling this crappola every single year. I would have thought you would have learned by now but I guess not. I just hope the actual players are expecting Nebraska to be a no talent 4-8 2017 team.

This game was earmarked as a W by virtually everyone on this board. 1st game or not, it would be a major disappointment if the Frost era opens with a loss against a mediocre team at home.

Reactions: SC_'sker
What a reach with the usc garble, big reach. ASU flat out dominated cu in the 4th qtr, end of story. Shut your pie hole now and get out of here.
Look at the stats (USC/CU) and get back to me and yes, a TD was called back that quelled early momentum. Like I said (haven't even argued my point), ASU situation doesn't even happen if we catch the ball. We would have been way too far ahead. Bye Felicia.

Why is anyone even responding to the OP? He has and always will be trash. You should have seen how happy he was on the MB when CU fans threw piss balloons back in the day at Nebraska.

Look at the stats (USC/CU) and get back to me and yes, a TD was called back that quelled early momentum. Like I said (haven't even argued my point), ASU situation doesn't even happen if we catch the ball. We would have been way too far ahead. Bye Felicia.
cu was out scored 24-3 in the 4th qtr vs ASU. That is the stat that voids your argument, dork. USC was up 20-0 and coasted after that. Oh, I know, to you, cu was winning the whole way through but managed somehow to give it away. Beat it, 60 IQ BOY.

We can play “if” too. If against BYU, if against Miami, if against Illinois, If against Northwestern, If against Iowa, if all of those 8 or less point losses would have been wins, Mikey might still be here. But they weren’t. None of the above matters. You still lost.

“If if’s and but’s were candies and nuts we’d all have a Merry Christmas.”

Last 3 years-
Overal record: CU 19-20, NU 19-19

Losses by more than two scores: CU 11, NU 10

Wins over ranked teams: CU 2, NU 2

10 win seasons: CU 1, NU 0

Weeks ranked in top 10: CU 3, NU 3

Allowing an opponent to score more than 50 points: CU 0 times, NU 7 times

I chuckled. Do you think the Buffs will win?

I will say it again, you came looking for an argument. I can provide hundreds of different things that would support that Riley is not a good coach, probably not even by Colorado standards. The other thing you might try is reading comprehension...... junior high game management is not exactly calling Riley a junior high coach, but you twist it how you see fit. Riley lost at least five games in his time here because he couldn't manage the clock.

Quality roster management and getting talent/recruiting in the program is part of the head coaches job, a huge part of the job, at least in most programs.... not sure how people see things in Boulder. Finally, you can also politely show me where I stated the game is unwinnable for CU..... I said nothing of the sort, in fact, I believe the game is a flip of the coin..... again you just here looking to argue.

Reactions: red scowl
Advantages:
1.) Your team will be very fresh! No injuries so a full lineup of healthy players to enter the game with CU.
2.) CU will be a bit beaten up with some extra injuries and players out from a tough 1st game.
3.) You have film on CU to spend a week preparing while the opponent has nothing on you.

Disadvantages:
1.) Teams generally improve the most between game 1 and game 2. Just getting used to the speed, the hitting, and getting all the first game mistakes out of the way.
2.) You don't have any film on yourselves which is essential into improving from game to game. You probably haven't even scrimmaged for over a week.
3.) Your freshman QB hasn't played a game since his junior year in high school and gets game 1 against a former rival angling to beat him.

How will all of that play out???

CU

Much rather have been the team who have played a game.

Holla

Is Nebraska good? This is still a team coming off a 4-8 season.

That's a good question, but I don't know. I do, however, expect Nebraska to beat teams like Colorado. Do you believe the Husker players cared about last season after Wisconsin? I think they gave up.

We'll find out.

Advantage Buffs: game played and time in offensive and defensive systems.

Advantage Huskers: everything else. I think your quarterback could be annoying tho.

Do you think the Buffs will win?

giphy.gif

The Buffs are now a seasoned team compared to last season. Montez has a full season under his belt. Last season everything was new including three defensive coaches. Nebraska is the exact opposite: New coaches, new system, true freshman QB. If this game was on a neutral site, Colorado would be favored.

The Buffs are now a seasoned team compared to last season. Montez has a full season under his belt. Last season everything was new including three defensive coaches. Nebraska is the exact opposite: New coaches, new system, true freshman QB. If this game was on a neutral site, Colorado would be favored.
Cute report. When the F we get new coaches? I musta missed it, thanks for info.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT