ADVERTISEMENT

SI - Iowa

It's clearly a nationwide political movement. With false allegations of racism being one of the main tactics. The LEFT is why we have automatic suspensions of players upon accusation. But now they spin it like he was kicked-out by racist white conservatives. It's all lies.

Last edited:
Ferentz will be all about changing the culture in the Iowa football program now that a big spotlight has been turned on his program.

It's a tactic to deceive. They include a few little things that might be true (but are irrelevant)....along with their big lies and false allegations.
Let me get this straight... dozens of former players all decided its time to take down their former university by telling lie after lie about Doyle, both Ferentzes, and whoever else... Makes sense.

Wait... can you tell me why?

Let me get this straight... dozens of former players all decided its time to take down their former university by telling lie after lie about Doyle, both Ferentzes, and whoever else... Makes sense.

Wait... can you tell me why?

Yeah, I've seen this before. It takes one person to come forward with a bold accusation, and then the rest come out of the shadows with the me too. The current climate of the world is the perfect backdrop to air their grievances, especially for those who are removed from the program in are in a safe place

A lot of Politically Incorrect stuff is said in locker rooms. Now you don't know what was said years ago will come back to haunt you.

I'm not jumping on the bash ferentz train. Don't care for the guy and I don't like iowa but this article is more about complaining from the writer. Guess the only good thing about sucking the last how many years is no one can accuse us off not changing for the last century

Very questionable claims of racism in that article.

Telling a kid his tattoo is well, stupid? That might be stupid, but hardly racist, he sounds like he has really thin skin to me.

Both Black and White people have tattoo’s now a days.. So that black player is just using the race card and took it because he was black..

You’re exactly right about he has really thin skin and can’t handle criticism..

If this is all about the movement, why are we only seeing this at Iowa? “Take down the mighty Hawkeyes!”

Does that seem right? Because it sure doesn’t seem like it to me...

Yea, I’ve been waiting for some other school coming out with the “ME TOO” statement which it hasn’t happened as if yet but ya never know when this thing could explode...

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
I have no informed opinion on the issue at hand. However, I hope Ferentz stays put. We need Iowa to stay the boring mediocrity that it is.

I can see your point, but it would be interesting who Gary Barta would hire.. Unless it’s Bob Stoops which would be a home run hire but I doubt Stoops wants to go back to recruiting kids again..

I can see that about Chip. There were rumblings when he was coaching at Philly and traded LeSean McCoy, weren’t there? If I remember correctly, didn’t McCoy indicate it may have been race-related? Or am I misremembering?

Reactions: Yossarian23
I can see your point, but it would be interesting who Gary Barta would hire.. Unless it’s Bob Stoops which would be a home run hire but I doubt Stoops wants to go back to recruiting kids again..

I think Stoops' name recruits for him

I can see that about Chip. There were rumblings when he was coaching at Philly and traded LeSean McCoy, weren’t there? If I remember correctly, didn’t McCoy indicate it may have been race-related? Or am I misremembering?

He also brought in a lot of black players...Sean sounded like a bit of a baby on that deal to me. Like he thought he was to special to be traded.

I agree that a lot of these "claims" lack teeth but with articles out from USA Today, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, etc. perception is often reality. The university needs a bigger response than "we'll fix it". No way Doyle survives but is that as far as they go? Or is there some blame to be placed on Ferentz since it's his program?

Edit: I also agree with what others have said in that can you imagine the amount of Iowa trolls over here calling for Frosts head if it was our strength coach?

I don't support any form of racism, period. But it seems to me we're going to be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. In this case, the bathwater is "racism" and the baby is "free speech".

In this case? So the free speech we are protecting here is "Send you back to the ghetto"?

Reactions: Yossarian23
This is all ridiculous overreaction. Over the course of two decades, no complaints. Then a few bad apples come out of the woodwork to complain about how they were treated, most likely because their career didn't go as well as they wanted. KF will be fine.

In this case? So the free speech we are protecting here is "Send you back to the ghetto"?

Ya better pick and choose what is to be really considered racism, or everyone is just going to tune it out going forward and this will have the exact opposite effect lots of people are hoping for.

If the kid lived in the ghetto, and he needed motivating, that doesn't really qualify as racism years and years later. It was a really stupid thing to say, but ya better fight the battles worth fighting and the ones you can win, or people are going to wonder if it's worth doing any kind of business with certain people going forward, if somebody who got their feelings hurt years ago can destroy them professionally years later.

I have a house I will be renting out sooner rather than later...and I will price it right and it is a very desirable house in a good neighborhood and I will have plenty of people who want it.....am I going to make a conscience decision to do business with people that can make anything up years later because they got their feelings hurt somehow, that will hurt me financially years later? Answer honestly now....cause that's where this is headed with a lot of people.

This is all ridiculous overreaction. Over the course of two decades, no complaints. Then a few bad apples come out of the woodwork to complain about how they were treated, most likely because their career didn't go as well as they wanted. KF will be fine.
I kind of get that, but many of these have been some of their more successful, high profile players. And many are claiming they went to Ferentz with these complaints and he brushed them off.

A few bad apples or dozens of legitimate claims? Who appointed you judge?

It's clearly a nationwide political movement. With false allegations of racism being one of the main tactics. The LEFT is why we have automatic suspensions of players upon accusation. But now they spin it like he was kicked-out by racist white conservatives. It's all lies.
There it is, the dumbest thing I'll see today.

Free speech means free speech. No limits. Hate speech is b.s.

Absolutely. A guy like Doyle is free to say demeaning and insulting things all he wants. But free in the sense that he won't get thrown in jail, not necessarily free in the sense that he gets to keep his $800K job working with 18-22 year olds, as a public employee.

Ya better pick and choose what is to be really considered racism, or everyone is just going to tune it out going forward and this will have the exact opposite effect lots of people are hoping for.

If the kid lived in the ghetto, and he needed motivating, that doesn't really qualify as racism years and years later. It was a really stupid thing to say, but ya better fight the battles worth fighting and the ones you can win, or people are going to wonder if it's worth doing any kind of business with certain people going forward, if somebody who got their feelings hurt years ago can destroy them professionally years later.

I have a house I will be renting out sooner rather than later...and I will price it right and it is a very desirable house in a good neighborhood and I will have plenty of people who want it.....am I going to make a conscience decision to do business with people that can make anything up years later because they got their feelings hurt somehow, that will hurt me financially years later? Answer honestly now....cause that's where this is headed with a lot of people.
Did I just read you openly admit that you intend to discriminate in your renting practices to exclude black applicants from becoming your tenants? Which is a crime?

we know iowa, texas, colorado, etc all have attitude problems...
but these teams like miami, bama, etc with the cash pay offs on and off the feild, do not, prepare youngster for the real world. talking bout me so horny running round putting dollars in cane uniforms...it's wrong...

No, it means he can't be put in prison for what he said. It doesn't mean players have to like it and it damn sure doesn't mean he can't be fired.
I never said he couldnt or shouldnt be fired. I never said players have to like anything. Settle down. I am a staunch supporter of free speech. I also believe In the right to fire anyone you wish

Reactions: OzzyLvr
A few bad apples or dozens of legitimate claims? Who appointed you judge?
What if the same thing happened here and kids started making complaints against a coach. Would you want SF fired because of it? For the vast majority, I think they'd side with SF over a few players.

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
What if the same thing happened here and kids started making complaints against a coach. Would you want SF fired because of it? For the vast majority, I think they'd side with SF over a few players.
If the accounts are legitimate, then no one is above the law. But your job isn’t to decide legitimacy. You don’t get to call it a bunch of crap.

I’m not advocating that Ferentz should be fired. All I’m saying is that a lot of people have come forward to complain. Their voices should be heard and not thrown out as meaningless drivel from jilted former players like you are doing.

Reactions: JStandefer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT