ADVERTISEMENT

Sell the soul - Urban Meyer

He's 1-6. Doubt he makes it through December.
oh, I seen they did'nt axe him for the drama, then he won a game, and his players were joking with him...so I figured he got past the storm...but yeah 1 win is probably not easy to defend..even for frost..lol

We aren’t going to get a hire of that magnitude IMO. Our product is not that attractive at the moment.

Not so sure.... this job would be the ultimate in stroking his ego. Former football giant that is down in the dumps, bring them back and become a God in Lincoln forever.

Jacksonville is not anywhere close to firing Meyer. Maybe in 2023 if the Jags show zero improvement.

He would have to quit to become available.

He would go down in history as the best coach ever if he came to Nebraska won a national championship. Florida, Ohio State, then rebuild a has been back to prominence. Would be hard resume for most coaches to top!

We aren’t going to get a hire of that magnitude IMO. Our product is not that attractive at the moment.
That's why we need to make him an offer he can't refuse. $10 million a year? Double what Saban makes a Alabama? I don't care. Whatever it takes, because it'd be worth the risk to get someone with his credentials.

It's time. We need someone with some serious name recognition who can get us a few top 5 recruiting classes and maybe a championship or two.

Reactions: DrPurify
Meyer or Freeze, both are solid coaches. Back up the money truck to get a good proven coach.

That's why we need to make him an offer he can't refuse. $10 million a year? Double what Saban makes a Alabama? I don't care. Whatever it takes, because it'd be worth the risk to get someone with his credentials.

It's time. We need someone with some serious name recognition who can get us a few top 5 recruiting classes and maybe a championship or two.
We will all find out soon. I just feel like that’s not exactly the route id bitch my hopes too

It’s funny how people still think a good coach wants to come to Nebraska. It’s not happening, and that’s why Frost will get another year.

Nonsense. Plenty of good coaches would kill for the opportunity to coach at Nebraska and you can’t keep around a failing coach, that obviously isn’t cutting it. That’s just making that problem worse.

Nonsense. Plenty of good coaches would kill for the opportunity to coach at Nebraska and you can’t keep around a failing coach, that obviously isn’t cutting it. That’s just making that problem worse.
Who has been a successful/proven D1 coach is available? I don’t want another Pelini/Callahan/Riley shit show. No way Urban comes. He’s done after this.

Who has been a successful/proven D1 coach is available? I don’t want another Pelini/Callahan/Riley shit show. No way Urban comes. He’s done after this.

I think there are good coaches that we might get to jump: Hadley, Aranada, Malzahn, Kiffin, Campbell.

But I also don’t think you have to limit yourself to proven P5 Head Coaches. Kirby Smart was a DC when Georgia hired him, Jimbo was an OC when LSU hired him, Lincoln Riley was OC when he was promoted to HC at OU. Guys like Marcus Freeman (DC ND), Dan Lanning (DC Georgia), Brent Venables (DC Clemson) could all be great coaches for Nebraska too.

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
Offer him insane money for 3 years. Put in the contract he has to successfully hand the reigns to a coordinator. Offer incentives post tenure. It’s intriguing. He’d be motivated to win the West and beat OSU. Fun to think about.

But we won’t do that. We’ll hire some nobody from a West Virginia high school to go 0 for 6 on head coaching hires…

No amount of money would get Urban to Nebraska. He could take a job at any number of top college programs for as much as we could pay him…also he has already said that he would never coach at Nebraska. These posts are so idiotic that I genuinely can’t take people on this site seriously.

No amount of money would get Urban to Nebraska. He could take a job at any number of top college programs for as much as we could pay him…also he has already said that he would never coach at Nebraska. These posts are so idiotic that I genuinely can’t take people on this site seriously.
I respectfully disagree... He has always spoken with an affinity towards Nebraska, even to the point of almost defending what Frost wants to do... Likewise, he too is also in a bad place right now... could be the perfect match for a coach to rebuild his own self to go out on top with a program with every resource imaginable begging for prominence....

Delusional. No established elite coach like Urban Meyer is going to set foot in Lincoln, because Lincoln is the single toughest Power 5 place to win. Recruiting alone makes Nebraska twice as challenging as any other school. Why would an elite coach go to Nebraska when there are way easier places to win in any given year?

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Offer him insane money for 3 years. Put in the contract he has to successfully hand the reigns to a coordinator. Offer incentives post tenure. It’s intriguing. He’d be motivated to win the West and beat OSU. Fun to think about.

But we won’t do that. We’ll hire some nobody from a West Virginia high school to go 0 for 6 on head coaching hires…
Hand over to a coordinator? You could argue that’s kind of how the downfall of the program started.

Delusional. No established elite coach like Urban Meyer is going to set foot in Lincoln, because Lincoln is the single toughest Power 5 place to win. Recruiting alone makes Nebraska twice as challenging as any other school. Why would an elite coach go to Nebraska when there are way easier places to win in any given year?

Truth hurts. When a lot of the best talent in the Omaha area is going elsewhere, that’s a big problem.

Reactions: c_broadus
Hand over to a coordinator? You could argue that’s kind of how the downfall of the program start

Hand over to a coordinator? You could argue that’s kind of how the downfall of the program started.
We'll never want or get Urban.

That said, if its done with intent, AND proper succession planning (team hiring included), it is WAY different than what happened in the past. Osborne picked his successor w/o any real process in place.

We'll never want or get Urban.

That said, if its done with intent, AND proper succession planning (team hiring included), it is WAY different than what happened in the past. Osborne picked his successor w/o any real process in place.
Why would we not want Urban? He is a piece of shit, but the ****er wins games in college. I'm with you that there is no way he comes here, but if he even blinked our way we should say yes please.

That's the biggest reason why Urban would never take the NU HC job. His obvious strength is recruiting and he has to have a strong recruiting base around the school. If, a big if, he takes another CF head coaching job, it will be in HS football rich states like Florida, Texas. California, Georgia, Ohio etc......

This is such a stupid take. Any ELITE coach would kill it at Nebraska. The Huskers are in the 2nd most prestigious football league in the country and plays in the extremely weak division in that conference. Nebraksa gives a coach every advantage imaginable and an elite coach would have absolutely no problem recruiting. If you think a coach like Meyer, Saban. Or Dabo would have problems recruiting to Nebraksa you're a complete moron. The only question is of Nebraksa would seriously pursue a coach like that and if one would want to live in Lincoln.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT