ADVERTISEMENT

See that Geno Smith contract??

Ravens will trade or pay him less than he wants. He is a computer game QB who gets worse the more he is seen and schemed for. Have heard Miami as an option.

Did not realize Carr had signed for $32mil a year....for 4 years, till just now. Holy shit....and I completely agree with you.

Last edited:
Geno had a great year no doubt.

But, that was the first and only great year of his career.

We shall see. But I see that his actual deal is 3 year 75mil, with up to 30 mil in triggers and 40 fully guaranteed.

That’s not outrageous, but still a bit pricey unless he can duplicate the past season again.

Reactions: BleedRed78
$35 million is middle tier these days, but still seems way too high for a guy who had his first quality year at 32 years old. Similar to Tannehill’s rebound year, and I’m sure Titan fans aren’t seeing the returns on that investment.

all comes down to what is guaranteed - NFL contracts, unlike baseball are not guaranteed
they can simply cut him if he doesn't perform

the DeShawn Watson contract has caused a big stir in front offices

understandably players and agents are slotting their guys against Watson's deal - Jackson, Burrow etc want more money than Watson
front offices view that contract as idiotic and an outlier and are resistant to negotiate using Watson's contract as a reference

Jackson is tagged because he wants a contract north of Watson's and the Raven's feel Watson isn't worth anywhere close to what the Brown's are paying him and won't use that number as a starting point

the Brown's owner is shunned at the owners meetings - the other owners are pissed

Last edited:
couple things:

1. Lamar Jackson is awesome & absolutely has earned 9 figures guaranteed

2. if you don't have a quarterback, it will cost you to get one

Reactions: tjlSker90
couple things:

1. Lamar Jackson is awesome & absolutely has earned 9 figures guaranteed

2. if you don't have a quarterback, it will cost you to get one

2 of last 3 years he is at the bottom of the league in terms of passer rating and has finished both seasons injured...he ain't a spring chicken no more and his legs are better than his arm so that's a legit concern. His compl percentage doesn't match his (lack of) success, having won a whole one playoff game in his career. I think if you're baltimore you're going to end up paying him but you're also going to regret it.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
2 of last 3 years he is at the bottom of the league in terms of passer rating and has finished both seasons injured...he ain't a spring chicken no more and his legs are better than his arm so that's a legit concern. His compl percentage doesn't match his (lack of) success, having won a whole one playoff game in his career. I think if you're baltimore you're going to end up paying him but you're also going to regret it.
can you name the WRs who led the ravens in yards the last 3 years?

guy's got nobody to throw to & his team was graded by players as the worst S&C unit in the league by far - leading to Baltimore also being the most injured team overall (also by far) over the past 3 years

Lamar & Josh Allen are in the same tier in my opinion

can you name the WRs who led the ravens in yards the last 3 years?

guy's got nobody to throw to & his team was graded by players as the worst S&C unit in the league by far - leading to Baltimore also being the most injured team overall (also by far) over the past 3 years

Lamar & Josh Allen are in the same tier in my opinion

The WR comment is fair..... As far as Josh Allen vs Lamar goes, i'm betting every GM in the league would take Josh over Lamar and Lamar doesn't scare any defensive cordinator. I also think Lamar is a head case having sat out faking how hurt he was at the end of last year....I'm glad I'm not a Ravens fan...but as a fan of the Chiefs I hope Lamar signs the largest contract, ever.

The WR comment is fair..... As far as Josh Allen vs Lamar goes, i'm betting every GM in the league would take Josh over Lamar and Lamar doesn't scare any defensive cordinator. I also think Lamar is a head case having sat out faking how hurt he was at the end of last year....I'm glad I'm not a Ravens fan...but as a fan of the Chiefs I hope Lamar signs the largest contract, ever.
maybe GMs would rather gameplan for a former MVP than Allen. maybe not.

do you have a source for his "faking how hurt he was"? quite the allegation if not

Reactions: tjlSker90
maybe GMs would rather gameplan for a former MVP than Allen. maybe not.

do you have a source for his "faking how hurt he was"? quite the allegation if not

I realize Lamar won an MVP... still not sure how. So he has the same amount of MVP awards as he does playoff wins. Whoopee....and many people more plugged in than I am to the NFL wondered outloud if Lamar was sitting out/pouting about the contract thang. Who knows for sure, but I tbink there was something to it.

Reactions: king_kong_
Starting QBs in the NFL make a minimum of 30 million a year unless they're on a rookie deal. Gino is not bad. They don't have a better option obviously.

I realize Lamar won an MVP... still not sure how. So he has the same amount of MVP awards as he does playoff wins. Whoopee....and many people more plugged in than I am to the NFL wondered outloud if Lamar was sitting out/pouting about the contract thang. Who knows for sure, but I tbink there was something to it.
in Lamar's situation unless you are a 1000% healthy - you don't "gut out" games playing injured when your contract is up and you are gambling with 100s of millions of dollars

if the Ravens wanted him to play in the playoffs then they should have got a deal done

Reactions: HuskerAlum92
in Lamar's situation unless you are a 1000% healthy - you don't "gut out" games playing injured when your contract is up and you are gambling with 100s of millions of dollars

if the Ravens wanted him to play in the playoffs then they should have got a deal done

If he could go and chose not to....fvck him. I'm sure his teamates who prolly had bonuses tied to playoff success felt the same, but would never admit it publicly.

Reactions: drubendall
If he could go and chose not to....fvck him. I'm sure his teamates who prolly had bonuses tied to playoff success felt the same, but would never admit it publicly.
there is a pretty vocal group of ravens that feel that the strength and conditioning programs of that organization have led to injuries and prevented players from successfully coming back from injuries

Baltimore was rated dead last by a wide margin in the strengh and conditioning
many of the players don;t trust the staff and aren't going to gamble their futures in a league without guaranteed contracts

https://fox8.com/sports/sports-illu...-ravens-players-condemn-teams-strength-staff/

there is a pretty vocal group of ravens that feel that the strength and conditioning programs of that organization have led to injuries and prevented players from successfully coming back from injuries

Baltimore was rated dead last by a wide margin in the strengh and conditioning
many of the players don;t trust the staff and aren't going to gamble their futures in a league without guaranteed contracts

https://fox8.com/sports/sports-illu...-ravens-players-condemn-teams-strength-staff/

Good read.

Jackson isn’t worth what he wants. The browns owner screwed up at epic levels.

What WR wants to play with Jackson? Who knows their stats will go up and they will get the bag of cash because Jackson will make them better?

S/C dept is bad and hasn’t helped either. Multiple things can be true. I’d add everyone protecting him from being criticized is a big factor as well because he is being allowed to stay at this level of play and not improve mechanics and reading the defenses to his best possible level. OR is it that he has maxed out and the league has caught up???? I’m

I’m a Steelers fan so love them to resign him.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan

What WR wants to play with Jackson? Who knows their stats will go up and they will get the bag of cash because Jackson will make them better?

S/C dept is bad and hasn’t helped either. Multiple things can be true. I’d add everyone protecting him from being criticized is a big factor as well because he is being allowed to stay at this level of play and not improve mechanics and reading the defenses to his best possible level. OR is it that he has maxed out and the league has caught up???? I’m

The Browns are going to regret signing Watson as much as Denver is going to regret signing Wilson....

It's too bad a team within the Ravens division doesn't need a QB, because Baltimore could make a sweet deal and send Lamar there and make at least 2 Games a year that they play that much more winnable

the only player remotely close to a go-to WR Jackson has played with in his career is Hollywood Brown

he recently signed a 4yr, $13M extension ($11M guaranteed), despite obviously not possessing elite attributes anywhere

I agree his negotiations are suffering because of Watson's albatross of a contract, but that won't keep him from being a top-5 paid QB once the season starts

@litespeedhuskerfan in his MVP year, Jackson led the league in passing TDs & QBR while also rushing for 1200 yards (NFL record for a QB). that's how he won. he was by far the best player.

Bears will get more than 2 first round picks for this year's #1 overall

more than the cost of a former MVP in his prime

crazy

I thought I had read that Lamar turned down like a $175 mil offer? If so, tag him then trade him. Actually, Huntley is not bad to have while you look for the next “franchise” level QB.

If you are in the top 32 people in the world at your job, you will get paid a lot of money regardless.

NFL QB is just another level of pay.

Bears will get more than 2 first round picks for this year's #1 overall

more than the cost of a former MVP in his prime

crazy
i think part of the reason is that a top tier QB on a rookie contract is the ideal situation

Wilson with the Seahawks - Burrow and Hurts now

you can spend a higher percentage of the salary cap on other positions and still hopefully get top level QB play on a rookie contract before you have to sacrifice those positions to pay your QB

He will get paid. I think the Dolphins may be a dark horse here. Shoot Danial Jones is about to get paid.
as noted above the breaking point has been that Jackson's people believe he should be paid more than Watson while the Raven's (and the vast majority of NFL execs) believe no one should be paid the same or more than Watson at this time

the Burrow negotiations will be very interesting as both sides are going to have to deal with the same issue

as noted above the breaking point has been that Jackson's people believe he should be paid more than Watson while the Raven's (and the vast majority of NFL execs) believe no one should be paid the same or more than Watson at this time

the Burrow negotiations will be very interesting as both sides are going to have to deal with the same issue

Difference is Burrow is worth it.

Reactions: Ses1 and king_kong_
Difference is Burrow is worth it.
Burrow should be slotted against Mahomes and Allen
in the NFL it is all about guaranteed money

Mahomes contract is for 141 million guaranteed - Allen 150 million - Dak 126 million - Watsons's guarantee is 230 million

Jackson and I suspect Burrow will be asking for 230+ guaranteed

Burrow should be slotted against Mahomes and Allen
in the NFL it is all about guaranteed money

Mahomes contract is for 141 million guaranteed - Allen 150 million - Dak 126 million - Watsons's guarantee is 230 million

Jackson and I suspect Burrow will be asking for 230+ guaranteed
don't forget Kyler's $160M guaranteed ($230M total)

Reactions: Redmich
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT