ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost “we guessed wrong”

You knocked their GD starting QB out of the game and then let THEM RUN THE BALL ALL OVER YOU WHILE YOUR OLBs ONCE AGAIN FAILED TO CONTAIN THE EDGE ON CRITICAL PLAYS.
That’s on the DC and the players not Scott. Scott was referring to the defensive looks Illinois did vs the busker offense

• Haha
Reactions: c_broadus
I was right. He said it in his press conference. Illinois did things he wasn’t expecting. Frost had contingency plans, but the team didn’t practice them as much.
What could he have possible guessed wrong about? They came out and ran it down our throats then threw it over the top on play action. It's the same damned formula he used at Wisconsin. Throw in a jet sweep to a WR for a TD while you're at it. This loss was largely on the offense. They left our D on the field the whole damned game. Once again a failure to protect the football by our QB probably cost us the game. Scoop and score. Damn. You run the ball there and don't give Wisconsin a chance to answer a field goal or TD at the end of the first half.

Your offense either works or it doesn't. Ours doesn't. QB not good enough, OL just terrible, RB showed nothing, WR had two big drops that cost us a TD and kept us from going for a 4th and 4 in the 4th qtr. None of those had anything to do with what scheme Illinois played.

And Illinois milking the clock the entire second half….with their back up QB.

With that said, the defense wasn’t terrible. It will be interesting to see how they keep playing the rest of the season.
IMMEDIATELY when their backup came in the game I would have been sending 7 guys on EVERY single snap. Instead we laid back and let him get comfortable. That is the one bitch I have about what we did on defense.

Your offense either works or it doesn't. Ours doesn't. QB not good enough, OL just terrible, RB showed nothing, WR had two big drops that cost us a TD and kept us from going for a 4th and 4 in the 4th qtr. None of those had anything to do with what scheme Illinois played.
This. Plays were there. On the bright side, everyone got their wish of no swing passes.

E95sTb-WUAISwjp

If we had a serviceable qb and playcaller/game planner, we would have won this game by 3 tds even with the mistakes.
Yep. Outside of a handful of drives the past 3 years, have never gotten the sense that our offense could really take off. I never know what to expect, but I'm usually disappointed with a few bright spots sprinkled in. It's just painful. It's a struggle to score on anyone.

Reactions: bshirt73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT