ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost “we guessed wrong”

you have a center that isn't making the correct line calls - odd v even

it's year 3 and a terrible holding call killed a drive, another horrendous snap nearly did so except he got bailed out by an AM scramble and he has no clue on proper line calls

he isn't a center and the coach has the same blinders on as dealing with AM since declaring him the next Rimington before the kid even took a single snap at the position

Last edited:
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
It’s been surprising fall during his time here. Some will make that somehow the fault of the state, the university, or location. They would be wrong. This is all on him.
he's led his teams to exactly 1 winning season out of 6, assuming Haarberg doesn't come in and provide the spark we need to get to 7-5

• Haha
Reactions: BrighteRed24
Frost is getting murdered on Twitter today from what he said in his presser today and I am enjoying it. I can't believe I have evern been so wrong about a person that I was about Scott Frost.

Reactions: HuskAir
Defense did not lose this game but it sure would have been nice to not let them drive 75 yards for a TD to open the second half.
Yes getting off the field even after 7 plays would have been nice. It was freaking hot as balls out there and I dint remember too many substitutions on the D-Line during that drive. They were spent.

What happens if Fordham lines up in some formations he didn’t practice for? Is he going to throw out the gameplan again?

Reactions: JRich52806
So Frost said that Illinois coming out with a different front took half of our playbook away. Sounds like a lazy excuse because everything we saw on Saturday was exactly what we've done for the last 3 years. What plays exactly weren't used that otherwise would have been?

So Frost said that Illinois coming out with a different front took half of our playbook away. What plays exactly weren't used that otherwise would have been?
Husker_QB_iso_R_swing_to_trips.gif

It doesn't take a genius to know they will line up in a 4 man front as nobody is afraid of Martinez killing them throwing the ball. Come on, geez!!

What happens if Fordham lines up in some formations he didn’t practice for? Is he going to throw out the gameplan again?
What gameplan?
Let Martinez scramble every play hoping he can break one for a TD.
While the rest of the team commits penalties and makes junior high football mistakes.

I was right. He said it in his press conference. Illinois did things he wasn’t expecting. Frost had contingency plans, but the team didn’t practice them as much.
Guessing is hardly an excuse. That's a huge embarrassment to admit for someone who earns such big bucks. They got taken to the cleaners by Bielema.

What gameplan?
Let Martinez scramble every play hoping he can break one for a TD.
While the rest of the team commits penalties and makes junior high football mistakes.
I agree with everything but the penalties. Nebraksa had what? 6 penalties (2 on the same play). So it wasnt necessarily a lot of penalties, just terrible timing in the penalties.

I was right. He said it in his press conference. Illinois did things he wasn’t expecting. Frost had contingency plans, but the team didn’t practice them as much.
I thought when he was hired he said that the Big ten would have to adjust to HIM!?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT