ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield

Husker.Wed.

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Feb 13, 2004
Omaha Metro
Funny how a QB who can throw accurately, a line that can block, receivers who can get open, and multiple players who don't turn the ball over can make a perceived marginal OC look like a good OC. I wasn't too keen on the wide passes to Fidone, but I'm sitting here racking my brain about calls I didn't like and I can't really think of any. It is possible they put the TE passes on film to set Colorado up for faking the throw to the TE and having the wideouts hold a block for a couple counts and race down the field. When HH got in I wished they would have run an option and let him keep, but they probably don't want him to get banged up unnecessarily. I was hard on Satt sometimes last year starting in the Minnesota game (not running when it was working), so I have to give credit where credit is due and say he called a good game.

Funny how a QB who can throw accurately, a line that can block, receivers who can get open, and multiple players who don't turn the ball over can make a perceived marginal OC look like a good OC. I wasn't too keen on the wide passes to Fidone, but I'm sitting here racking my brain about calls I didn't like and I can't really think of any. It is possible they put the TE passes on film to set Colorado up for faking the throw to the TE and having the wideouts hold a block for a couple counts and race down the field. When HH got in I wished they would have run an option and let him keep, but they probably don't want him to get banged up unnecessarily. I was hard on Satt sometimes last year starting in the Minnesota game (not running when it was working), so I have to give credit where credit is due and say he called a good game.
I was thinking the same thing for the Fidone screens. Gotta be setting something up.

Reactions: BleedRed78
A great qb can make anyone look good. UCF and frosty anyone ?

I was thinking the same thing for the Fidone screens. Gotta be setting something up.
I'm sure they have something built off that. But in truth, those quick outs to him weren't blocked very well. He never really had a chance to get going after the catch. I thought he did a pretty good job getting what he did. Especially on the one he took down inside the 5 yardline. He finished through the defender and got some extra yards.

I'm sure they have something built off that. But in truth, those quick outs to him weren't blocked very well. He never really had a chance to get going after the catch. I thought he did a pretty good job getting what he did. Especially on the one he took down inside the 5 yardline. He finished through the defender and got some extra yards.
1 yard on 3 receptions?

He’s such a big target. His strength is finding an opening 5-15 yards out. I’m not on a fidone hate train but asking him to catch a bubble screen when we have guys like Barney to do that seems like a square peg and round hole situation.

1 yard on 3 receptions?

He’s such a big target. His strength is finding an opening 5-15 yards out. I’m not on a fidone hate train but asking him to catch a bubble screen when we have guys like Barney to do that seems like a square peg and round hole situation.
Ya- that was one of the few issues I noticed. He needs north/south routes not this east/west screen game. I think he can still have a big year but his blocking also must really improve.

Reactions: BleedRed78
1 yard on 3 receptions?

Again, Armstrong said that UTEP was keying on Fidone and IF the WRs had made their blocks the play was there. He added that he believes they were putting something on film for CU and that we’ll see some different plays for him based on those looks. No doubt the bubble screens to Nelson worked better but it wasn’t all about the result against UTEP.

Again, Armstrong said that UTEP was keying on Fidone and IF the WRs had made their blocks the play was there. He added that he believes they were putting something on film for CU and that we’ll see some different plays for him based on those looks. No doubt the bubble screens to Nelson worked better but it wasn’t all about the result against UTEP.
They were 100% just putting it on film. The effort in a few plays vs most plays made that clear. The flats to Fidone were one. There was an RPO that had a guy wide open for 6. There was also a flat throw where guy could have turned it up but just didn't, not surn it was Fidone. There will be BIG plays that were set up last week. Maybe not week 2 but by week 4 There will. Might even be HH in motion, but it's a backwards pass and he throws deep........ staff gets to be more creative with a DR at QB. He can get them out of 2nd and 30 if risks go wrong

Reactions: OzzyLvr
My comment was more speaking to the line that he worked hard for what he gained. Because the plays broke down he was hit almost immediately and had little chance. As a result he went down and didn’t really gain anything at all. Not saying it’s his fault and not hating. Just saying it’s not like he muscled out 6 yards when the play was doomed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT