ADVERTISEMENT

They are who we thought they were - White vs Satterfield

HUSKERBILL

Sophomore
Sep 10, 2001
I am not sure why we are even surprised with what we are seeing - good and bad.

Exhibit A - Huskers.com bios told us EXACTLY what we were getting. Yet we seem surprised.

Statistical Rankings don’t lie. They are bench marks against your peer teams and coaches. They show a body of work over an entire season.

Tony White’s Husker Bio shows rankings. It’s black and white. It’s the true scoreboard for a coordinator. And Whites rankings his last two seasons at Syracuse had his defense

2021 - 21st Total Defense
2022 - 19th Total Defense

Just about where we are now. In the ballpark.

Then look at the RANKINGS of his Secondary at schools like San Diego State and every place he has been. Ranked in the Top 25 or better. Every time. Dramatic improvements in year 1 at every stop.

Satterfields Husker bio doesn’t discuss rankings EVER. Not once for Total O or scoring. They call out GAMES where his QB threw for a bunch of yards. They compare the offensive numbers to teams of the past. But never against his peers in the form of a ranking. His bio reads like a politicians speech. Showing cherry picked data data to paint a picture of success that goes against what reality actually was.

Satterfields last two seasons of Total Offense RANKINGS at South Carolina.

2021 - 110 out of 130
2022 - 70 out of 130 (this was with Spencer Rattler)

Exhibit B - the people that know you best are telling the story. Satterfield did not receive an extension at the end of the 2021 season. All of the coaches did other than Satterfield and the O line coach. His 2022 season at South Carolina was to be his last. Getting paid $900k. We signed him for $1.4M when he didn’t even have a contract for 2023 at the $900k he was making.

Exhibit C - what does he do with a full off season to recruit his players to run the system and figure out what plays will work?

Here are Satterfields first 15 series
Punt
Int
Int
TD
Punt
FG
Fumble
Int
Fumble
Punt
Punt
Missed FG
Fumble
Int
Punt

He scored 1TD in his first 6 quarters of football.
What you’re seeing now isn’t a recent change or a result of injuries. When he was playing at full strength his offense was inept.

They are who we thought they were.

Our offense is inept and looks exactly like one that would be ranked around 100th in the country.

Our defense looks like a Top 20 defense.

We are getting EXACTLY what we brought in. Exactly.

Last edited:
I am not sure why we are even surprised with what we are seeing - good and bad.

Exhibit A - Huskers.com bios told us EXACTLY what we were getting. Yet we seem surprised.

Statistical Rankings don’t lie. They are bench marks against your peer teams and coaches. They show a body of work over an entire season.

Tony White’s Husker Bio shows rankings. It’s black and white. It’s the true scoreboard for a coordinator. And Whites rankings his last two seasons at Syracuse had his defense

2021 - 21st Total Defense
2022 - 19th Total Defense

Just about where we are now. In the ballpark.

Then look at the RANKINGS of his Secondary at schools like San Diego State and every place he has been. Ranked in the Top 25 or better. Every time. Dramatic improvements in year 1 at every stop.

Satterfields Husker bio doesn’t discuss rankings EVER. Not once for Total O or scoring. They call out GAMES where his QB threw for a bunch of yards. They compare the offensive numbers to teams of the past. But never against his peers in the form of a ranking. His bio reads like a politicians speech. Showing cherry picked data data to paint a picture of success that goes against what reality actually was.

Satterfields last two seasons of Total Offense RANKINGS at South Carolina.

2021 - 110 out of 130
2022 - 70 out of 130 (this was with Spencer Rattler)

Exhibit B - the people that know you best are telling the story. Satterfield did not receive an extension at the end of the 2021 season. His 2022 season at South Carolina was to be his last. Getting paid $900k. We signed him for $1.4M when he didn’t even have a contract for 2023 at the $900k he was making.

Exhibit C - what does he do with a full off season to recruit his players to run the system and figure out what plays will work?

Here are Satterfields first 15 series
Punt
Int
Int
TD
Punt FG
Fumble
Int
Fumble
Punt
Punt
Missed FG
Fumble
Int
Punt
He scored 1TD in his first 6 quarters of football.
What you’re seeing now isn’t a recent change or a result of injuries. When he was playing at full strength his offense was inept.

They are who we thought they were. Our offense is inept and our team looks like a team ranked around 100th in the country.

Our defense looks like a Top 25 defense.

We are getting EXACTLY what we brought in.
and yet the OC isn't the biggest issue with the offense, sadly.
I doubt he is going anywhere.

Reactions: thall__
I think the most frustrating thing is with our fantastic D we should be running a ball control offense with little chance of turnovers a la Iowa… yet this twat is throwing on first down after a mometum shift with a prolific turnover machine qb who hasn’t played in 6 weeks. Then having our 3rd string qb who is a career 0 tds and 5 picks pass on 3rd and goal when all we need is 3 pts and let the strength of our team win the game. This shit is checkers not chess and if 97% of our fanbase was given shatterfield’s headset the last drive… we win

I think the most frustrating thing is with our fantastic D we should be running a ball control offense with little chance of turnovers a la Iowa… yet this twat is throwing on first down after a mometum shift with a prolific turnover machine qb who hasn’t played in 6 weeks. Then having our 3rd string qb who is a career 0 tds and 5 picks pass on 3rd and goal when all we need is 3 pts and let the strength of our team win the game. This shit is checkers not chess and if 97% of our fanbase was given shatterfield’s headset the last drive… we win
I don't think our D or O is as good as Iowa's...

Reactions: Lincoln100
Thanks for posting this, wow rankings don’t lie
I agree. Thanks for posting this. These stats don't lie. Hopefully, there are changes in the off-season but unfortunately, I doubt it and we will struggle on that side of the ball including recruiting.

Reactions: HUSKERBILL
“In Satterfield’s 25 games, USC had 11 scoreless first quarters. The Gamecocks lost seven of those games.”

Nebraska hasn’t scored in the first quarter of 8 of our 10 games this season.

He is who we thought he was.

Absolute lunacy.

Having a good defense is great, but a bad offense puts undue pressure on it. It needs to be balanced by an offense that can score points. Obviously whatever Satt is doing is simply not working. Stats tell the picture of how feeble his offense has been.

Last edited:
Reactions: HUSKERBILL
Wait, I was told by our resident monkey that it was “complimentary offense” and that the O’s DNA was fueling the D. Maybe that only applies when we are winning?

HH was also responsible for zero points. That whole room is a shit show. HH is no better then anyone in that room
So Haarberg is so good that he wills defense to not allow a score after his turnovers.

Kong the credibility is slipping every time now man. Come on. Be better.

• Haha
Reactions: HuskerHusaria
Did your boy turn it over in every win? It's only complimentary when he does it, and offensive when others do it?
yea

the only QB who can win is the guy I cheer for

not sure what the rest of you ass sniffers are waiting for

HH was also responsible for zero points. That whole room is a shit show. HH is no better then anyone in that room
he's better than the two guys far, far behind him on the depth chart.

today should've left no doubt, but you see what you want, I suppose.

• Haha
Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
yea

the only QB who can win is the guy I cheer for

not sure what the rest of you ass sniffers are waiting for
sad will ferrell GIF

Haarberg, while not a good quarterback, is the only one on the team who can:

A.) push the ball down the field
B.) punch the ball into the end zone in the red zone
C.) produce explosive plays we need to win games

there is nothing emotional about it. those are fact, pure and simple.

if you want guys who can do none of the above, you can enjoy watching today's game on repeat next week and the week after.

I think White is the better coordinator, I also think he has talent and depth to work with this year, something Satt doesn't. I think Rhule wants to play complimentary football but every offensive call is tough without a real QB. I'm still all about Y2 and Y3, I have been since the beginning. The question is, is Satt the right guy to lead the offense and play complimentary football once we get a real QB? The turnovers are simply too much right now.

Haarberg, while not a good quarterback, is the only one on the team who can:

A.) push the ball down the field
B.) punch the ball into the end zone in the red zone
C.) produce explosive plays we need to win games

there is nothing emotional about it. those are fact, pure and simple.

if you want guys who can do none of the above, you can enjoy watching today's game on repeat next week and the week after.
Then why didn’t Haarberg do ANY of those things today and the other two did some or all of the ABCs you listed in less time on the field?

Then why didn’t Haarberg do ANY of those things today and the other two did some or all of the ABCs you listed in less time on the field?
because he got hurt after 3 series?

neither backup pushed the ball downfield. neither backup made a winning play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT