ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Russillo

You need to look at a calendar it is not 1971 or even 1995 it is 2017, Nebraska's facilities are probably not even top 5 in the B1G. Whatever you're smoking you should have never left Colorado.
Why are you still here?? Its not game week. Shouldn't you be gearing up for the pinstripe bowl for the bullies of the big 10??..Give Kirk another 2 million to be mediocre. Run along herky...RollingLaugh

Oh you mean pushing the popular narrative? Lol anyone that knows anything about football knows that it comes down to fundamentals and coaching. Scheme is important but pulling in 5* recruits is fun. It’s nice to have. But far from necessary. You get a coach that can coach fundamentals and can pass a certain mentality down to his players you build culture and also a little bit of cockiness. Sports writers to me are equal to gorillas throwing excrement on the glass. 95% of the time is gonna come back and hit them in the face but they keep doing it for the 5% of the time that it sticks.

So ESPN College Football Live is rapping up and David Pollack gave a counter point to the other guy that said he should take the Nebraska job

It was simple, if Nebraska was not where Frost went to school, would a Nebraska be a better job than Division 1 job in Florida with access to great HS players?

Pollack then said basically "a Florida coaching job is better all around to recruit and to coach compared to trying revamp Nebraska that has been dormant for years"

But I'm sure David Pollack doesn't know anything about college football either. You guys are right ..... you have the top program in the country because Tom Osborne won a few titles. Good job!

it is 2017, Nebraska's facilities are probably not even top 5 in the B1G.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

So ESPN College Football Live is rapping up and David Pollack gave a counter point to the other guy that said he should take the Nebraska job

It was simple, if Nebraska was not where Frost went to school, would a Nebraska be a better job than Division 1 job in Florida with access to great HS players?

Pollack then said basically "a Florida coaching job is better all around to recruit and to coach compared to trying revamp Nebraska that has been dormant for years"

But I'm sure David Pollack doesn't know anything about college football either. You guys are right ..... you have the top program in the country because Tom Osborne won a few titles. Good job!
Yes, we understand why Florida would be attractive and tough to compete with. But he is at UCF, no one chooses to stay in the minor leagues.

So the $EC's business partner is talking to a former $EC player and they say that the $EC school is better and you managed to take enough time to wipe the drool from your mouth and post it here??
RollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaugh

It's not ignorance. And I'm not upset about maybe losing the coach.

It's about the fact that Nebraska was good once .... with a certain offense they don't run anymore .... and certain players they can't get anymore .... Why do you think that, other than your possible hire of Frost, your coaching candidates were so crappy the last several times? It's because nobody wants to go there.
Patterson wanted to come here, and he's a pretty good coach. Wittingham, Pedersen wanted to come here. We just had some idiotic AD decisions.

It's amazing that Florida coach lost his job and Jimbo bolted for Texas A&M. I mean ESPN makes it sound like national titles are guaranteed and coaching doesn't even matter when can just load up on 5 star talent every year in the state of Florida.

It's funny how Chip Kelly, Scott Frost, and Mike Gundy think UCLA, Nebraska and Okie St. are all better jobs than Florida, but what would they know right?!

Chip Kelly is a PAC12 guy ... recruiting and all .... Frost is Nebraska alum ... Gundy is Oklahoma State alum .... but nice try!!!!

Chip Kelly is a PAC12 guy ... recruiting and all .... Frost is Nebraska alum ... Gundy is Oklahoma State alum .... but nice try!!!!
So basically, as long as the guy is not a conference guy or alum, then Florida is the best job ever according to the sports network that is contractually obligated to push the conference that Florida resides in. Got it.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

So basically, as long as the guy is not a conference guy or alum, then Florida is the best job ever according to the sports network that is contractually obligated to push the conference that Florida resides in. Got it.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Don't hate ESPN just because your team has sucked for 20 years. It's not their fault.

Don't hate ESPN just because your team has sucked for 20 years. It's not their fault.

"Obviously, UCF cannot match the history of Nebraska. You won't find any sober fans that think that. However, if you compare OUR history, which is the last 20 years, with your last 20 years, well .... we aren't that far off." -The Branch

So if Nebraska has sucked the last 20 years and UCF isn't that far off from Nebraska during that 20 years...I can now see why you're so upset over Frost leaving UCF, you'll now be in far worse shape than Nebraska ever was, but without the fan support, facilities, money, or conference. But at least you have that stadium that's falling apart and all those tiki torches.

Are you even out of high school yet talking like you know what you are talking about

Line up the achievements of nebraska the last 20 years and see how that matches up to UCF

Good god man quit digging your hole know things before you post

It's about the fact that Nebraska was good once .... with a certain offense they don't run anymore .... and certain players they can't get anymore .... Why do you think that, other than your possible hire of Frost, your coaching candidates were so crappy the last several times? It's because nobody wants to go there.
We messed up and fired a couple winning coaches is the only thing that shrank our choices. We fixed that by hiring Riley and he did a good job of setting the bar a little lower. Frost was our first choice and we got him but we could have gotten who ever our first choice was.

Lets see in the last 20 years:
  • Finished ranked in the top 10, 5 times
  • 4 time division winner ( no we did not win the conference)
  • Played for the MNC
  • Had a Heisman winner
  • Had a Heisman Finalist
Please show me anything UCF has done that could match that

Yes Florida has the best players in the country it is the best job in the nation and I am sure Pollack is aware that they have won 3 national titles total. That is two less than Nebraska and should I mention 62-24 to Pollack because that is how bad we whipped Florida's ass when we played them in 95. So by my accounts all Florida has done is underachieved for all of these years since they supposedly have the best players in the country.

Lets see in the last 20 years:
  • Finished ranked in the top 10, 5 times
  • 4 time division winner ( no we did not win the conference)
  • Played for the MNC
  • Had a Heisman winner
  • Had a Heisman Finalist
Please show me anything UCF has done that could match that
they had a perfect record in 2015LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Reactions: headcard
"Obviously, UCF cannot match the history of Nebraska. You won't find any sober fans that think that. However, if you compare OUR history, which is the last 20 years, with your last 20 years, well .... we aren't that far off." -The Branch

So if Nebraska has sucked the last 20 years and UCF isn't that far off from Nebraska during that 20 years...I can now see why you're so upset over Frost leaving UCF, you'll now be in far worse shape than Nebraska ever was, but without the fan support, facilities, money, or conference. But at least you have that stadium that's falling apart and all those tiki torches.
Don't forget to mention that UCF has all of those fans who dress up like seats for each home game.LaughingLaughingLaughing

You need to look at a calendar it is not 1971 or even 1995 it is 2017, Nebraska's facilities are probably not even top 5 in the B1G. Whatever you're smoking you should have never left Colorado.

LOL! I’ll just leave these right here.

https://247sports.com/Gallery/Photo...e-football-2015-42015109/GallerySlides/217284 #14 Nationally

https://www.foxsports.com/college-f...dropping-college-football-locker-rooms-102016 #1 Nationally the only comment... “Flawless”

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ost-impressive-facilities-in-college-football #7 Nationally

http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/51536/ranking-the-big-ten-football-facilities #2 in the Big Ten

Go pound sand.

Those proved nothing, most were waaay before Iowa built it's envious state of the art facility. Another was of a locker room (really).

I stand by my post, you lose again.

I can see doing two out three, but if I'm drunk and decide to get naked, I'm staying home.

Remember when Najih Davenport did the same thing but decided to poop in the closet?

Last edited:

So dumb...maybe it because we had a jackass AD

You just can't fix this kind of stupid.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Those proved nothing, most were waaay before Iowa built it's envious state of the art facility. Another was of a locker room (really).

I stand by my post, you lose again.

Fine. Google and prove me wrong. I’ve given you 4 links from the last 5 years, including links to legit sources like Fox Sports and ESPN. You haven’t given me shit other than your opinion. Opinions are like assholes...

Listen I get it. You’re pissed. You have a guy that’s done something that no other FBS coach has ever done. Taken you from 0-12 to 11-0 in 2 years. You see the potential. Multiple conference titles. New Year’s Day Bowls. A potential invite to the Big 12 and P5 money. And here comes Nebraska, a P5 team that hasn’t done anything of relevance in 20 years, taking your coach and all potential with him, not to mention assistants and potential recruits. It sucks and I’d be pissed too. But it is what it is, and if UCF is good enough to get Frost, then they’re good enough to get the next super star. These G5 to P5 breakups are always ugly. I’m sorry, but it is what it is until the powers that be change it. And neither Nebraska nor UCF have the ability to change the current format.

Your facilities argument is really nothing more than a personal attack because you’re pissed that you’re losing your coach and can’t do anything about it. That’s your problem, not ours.

“...the personal attack is the last refuge of a scoundrel who has nothing of substance to say...” Edmund Burke

Fine. Google and prove me wrong. I’ve given you 4 links from the last 5 years, including links to legit sources like Fox Sports and ESPN. You haven’t given me shit other than your opinion. Opinions are like assholes...

Listen I get it. You’re pissed. You have a guy that’s done something that no other FBS coach has ever done. Taken you from 0-12 to 11-0 in 2 years. You see the potential. Multiple conference titles. New Year’s Day Bowls. A potential invite to the Big 12 and P5 money. And here comes Nebraska, a P5 team that hasn’t done anything of relevance in 20 years, taking your coach and all potential with him, not to mention assistants and potential recruits. It sucks and I’d be pissed too. But it is what it is, and if UCF is good enough to get Frost, then they’re good enough to get the next super star. These G5 to P5 breakups are always ugly. I’m sorry, but it is what it is until the powers that be change it. And neither Nebraska nor UCF have the ability to change the current format.

Your facilities argument is really nothing more than a personal attack because you’re pissed that you’re losing your coach and can’t do anything about it. That’s your problem, not ours.

“...the personal attack is the last refuge of a scoundrel who has nothing of substance to say...” Edmund Burke
Arbitr8 is a Hawkeye fan. Just FYI.

That doesn’t change his on again off again troll status though.

Not sure what that means .... but .... I would agree he is leaning strongly toward you guys at this point .... but hasn't made the final decision. Lots of people pulling in several different directions.

I'll let you in on a secret, promise not to tell anyone, it's a done deal. Frost is coming to Nebraska.

Don't feel bad you couldn't keep him. UCF just isn't there yet, maybe not ever. Definitely one of the top non-power 5 schools though. Congrats on a great year.

Russillo spends 75% of his time talking about NBA minutiae, his show is literally impossible to listen to.

Do you all remember the ESPN talking heads saying we had no chance to beat the Gators in the Fiesta Bowl? Nothing changes. We're never ever ever ever going to be the darling of the media. Ever. Embrace it.

Cuz it was played on grass, and there is no grass in Nebraska, except for some of the practice fields...

No one has said we have the top program. The only advantage that Florida has over NU is proximity to recruits. This is nothing new. NU has always recruited nationally. Did Pollack mention the difference in expectations? If Florida is such a great job why aren't they winning titles every year? Why are they chewing up and spitting out coaches that are putting hardware in the trophy case? Why did Kelly say no? If Frost wasnt an NU alum and he left UCF he would probably look at Tennessee and even ASU before Florida.

History will repeat itself.

One thing I would say about national talk radio guys like Ryan are they have a bias to big markets. Heck Cowturd at least admits it. So they are not going to say a school in Lincoln NE has a better job as football coach than ASU which sits in Phoenix - a GIANT market. If you just temper what is said through that lens it tends to make alot more sense (but is often wrong - like the guy that created Data on Star Trek the Next Generation)

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT