ADVERTISEMENT

RUTGERS SCORE PREDICTION THREAD

Rutgers really struggles on offense (disregard their last game against Morgan State.)

The question will be Nebraska's offensive abilities with a guy who is starting at tackle who must be worse than the guy who got beaten consistently last week.

This game is bound to look ugly no matter, as Vegas has the spread at Nebraska -11.5 and a total of 46.5. By Vegas numbers, they project about 28-17 Nebraska. I won't veer too far from that in my prediction.

Huskers: 30
Rutgers: 17

I hope it's a sunny day. I know it may sound dumb, but I think the cloudy/windy on again, off again rain also had a small contributing factor to the blahs for the game last week.

If langsdorf calls plays...
Rutgers- 45
Huskers- 34

If Riley calls plays...
Huskers- 48
Rutgers- 28

Nebraska 30
Jersey 20

Huskers go up 2TDs early, never threatened. Rutgers with a late score to dog pile the cover.

13-10 Rutgers with their only TD a pick six. Watching our offense is like watching a folding chair fall out of a tree. Our only TD comes off a turnover that puts the ball on the 2 yard line. We score on 4th down after running 4 consecutive pass plays. These coaches are allergic to winning.

Rutgers fan here. The game will turn on whether our passing offense takes the next step or not and actually starts to execute plays. QB must not throw multiple picks either. If we can't move the ball through the air we won't score enough to win, and we haven't shown we can pass yet against a real team.

Reactions: Bill_Callahan2.0
You guys surprise me. You probably win 42-17, and things will change around. It is one game and play one game at a time. No way you do not win Saturday.

Good luck!

This one is hard to predict as I don't know the mental state of the team, but I'll say Nebraska 17 Rutgers 13. I can't see it being a high scoring affair.

Rutgers - 23 (TD in OT to end the game)
Nebraska - 20 (FG in OT)

Nebraska will overreact to the passing issues of the last couple games and will try to run it 75% of the time, resulting in a shorter game (3 hrs 20 mins).

It will be tied at 17 with one minute left in the game. Nebraska will be driving the field for the go ahead FG, but TLee will throw an INT when we were already in FG range, causing the fans to call for Langs' to be fired for throwing the ball when a simple run play would suffice.

Obviously the Huskers will win, but my superstition says I need to predict a loss for us to win :)

RU 3, NU 0 Lee throws 5 INTs but spins the ball well

football_spinning1.gif

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Injuries, bad OL play, and an inconsistent QB will continue to hamper Nebraska. I still believe we'll play with pride and avoid another embarrassing loss. Huskers 24-17.

17-10 Huskers. It hasn't been easy so far so I am planning on another nail biter

Besides I just read a column by a Florida sportswriter who wrote he was sure Scott Frost would be rooting for Riley to win games. Talk about writing a self-serving story.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT