ADVERTISEMENT

Rut Rohhh!

Purdue? Where did you see that? And he is not consistently used as a power back. If he doesn’t get some carries it really hurts his value, it’s a lot easier to hand the ball to a guy 5’6 than it is to throw it to him downfield.

Brian Christopher's, who is a Frost homer.

Reactions: headcard
if he leaves, it's going to be a real bad look for the program

Another crack in the program’s foundation.

Would love to be a fly on the wall if there is an “exit interview” why he is leaving.

foundation-repair-richmond-virginia-01-e1496164213254.jpg

Last edited:
Why Purdue? He was used perfectly and ran all over them in the head to head game. They had a worse season than us, even with Moore.
No clue other than he's friends with Rondale Moore, they train together and it is close to home. But I thought he was leaving, maybe he thinks he can take his place, still for Fong to write an article about this and not just a prediction. Not good.....

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Doesn't make sense to me. Kentucky does not even try to pass the football. He would basically be used like he was last year with the Skers at best... If he were going to Oklahoma or somewhere with a proven returning QB- I guess I could see that.... But you would think he would learn from J.D. and not make a move unless the grass was definitely greener...

No clue other than he's friends with Rondale Moore, they train together and it is close to home. But I thought he was leaving, maybe he thinks he can take his place, still for Fong to write an article about this and not just a prediction. Not good.....
Yep, not good at all. I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around this. He seemed all in. Heck just a couple weeks ago he was dressing Austin Allen like a Christmas tree.

They have shown they can showcase a guy, have to be honest I've been more disappointed about our offense than our record under Frost...

Me too.totally agree with you... Where not getting what we thought we were paying for when he excepted the job 3 years ago..

Reactions: HuskAir
Not hard to find kids to win 3-5 games a year at Nebraska if that’s your definition of replaceable. But losing your best weapon on offense to a transfer 2 straight years shows that Frost is failing miserably and makes it pretty obvious that he somehow can’t even quite reach the low bar that Riley set at NU.

To be fair all of Riley’s receivers he recruited didn’t amount to anything. But yeah this isn’t good.

Reactions: ATX Husker
Doesn't make sense to me. Kentucky does not even try to pass the football. He would basically be used like he was last year with the Skers at best... If he were going to Oklahoma or somewhere with a proven returning QB- I guess I could see that.... But you would think he would learn from J.D. and not make a move unless the grass was definitely greener...

Kentucky fired their co-oc’s and hired a guy off the LA Rams staff.

Transferring to Purdue would make more sense then going home to Kentucky who has a much worse offense than either Purdue or Nebraska..
Purdue played 6 games this season. 6.

Nebraska played 8 games this season. And chose to not play the 9th.

Kentucky wasn't worth a shit but played 11 games ths season. Their players got to showcase what they have 11 times. Not 8. Not 6.

Showing up for -- and winning-- a bowl game, after going 4-6 in the regular season tells you something about the players and staff in that program. When asked "do you want to play football or not play football" they chose "play football". Maybe WR wants to go somewhere like that.

A guy like Brandin Cooks (I know Mike Riley) would be a template for an NFL career. 5’10” 190 Belitnikoff award, 4.3 at the combine. If you don’t have legit deep speed you’ll be taking hits over the middle in the short passing game. These years will put that on tape.

Let's have the full story. You paid and they won't allow you to post? How critical are you? Just curious. If I wasn't hypercritical I'd be demanding my money back.

Definitely less critical than I'm here. If you read the posts on 247 there are very few people allowed to say anything critical.

He gets touches and numbers here. Is a focal point and a leader. Nothing rational about not staying and fighting with your teammates and fiends.

These are facts about the 2 programs right now since 2016:

Kentucky is 37-26
Nebraska is 25-32

Kentucky has won 3 bowl games in last 3 years with wins over Penn St (Citrus), Va Tech (Belk), and NC St (Gator).
Nebraksa has only played in one bowl and lost.

Kentucky has had 8 players drafted
Nebraksa has had 8 players drafted

Again, he can go home, play in the best conference in the country, and play for a better program while surroundedby friends and family. You guys are in denial.

Purdue played 6 games this season. 6.

Nebraska played 8 games this season. And chose to not play the 9th.

Kentucky wasn't worth a shit but played 11 games ths season. Their players got to showcase what they have 11 times. Not 8. Not 6.

Showing up for -- and winning-- a bowl game, after going 4-6 in the regular season tells you something about the players and staff in that program. When asked "do you want to play football or not play football" they chose "play football". Maybe WR wants to go somewhere like that.

They had the luxury of going to a bowl game on January 2nd..

If Nebraska had that option playing a ACC team they would have been playing on that date instead of some bowl game day after Christmas..

• Haha
Reactions: cm8124
Something tells me that if the face of the program transfers along with countless others in the last year, there is a bigger problem within the program other than playing time or home sickness. I'm sure that Scott will explain what the problem is soon.

I’d say it’s a mix of the two. There is something off with the offensive unit and I’ve said it plenty of times. That receiver room seems dysfunctional as well.

These are facts about the 2 programs right now since 2016:

Kentucky is 37-26
Nebraska is 25-32

Kentucky has won 3 bowl games in last 3 years with wins over Penn St (Citrus), Va Tech (Belk), and NC St (Gator).
Nebraksa has only played in one bowl and lost.

Kentucky has had 8 players drafted
Nebraksa has had 8 players drafted

Again, he can go home, play in the best conference in the country, and any for a better program. You guys are in denial.

What exactly do you think we are in denial of? We know how bad Nebraska has been, that is not breaking news. And you are so focused on our poor record that is all you can see. The kid had OSU and Alabama offers out of HS, it obviously isn’t only about winning games. If he just wanted to win there are a lot of better options than Kentucky and some can even move the football.

Wont be surprised. There is no vision for this offense, no quarterback who throw a decent pass, and he is not a player to run between the tackles. Frost is convinced he is a one man offensive weapon when in fact he is a great weapon who accents a great running offense. This could help Frost pull his head out of his hind part or help move him along...

This is as much an indictment of the culture, particularly on the offensive side of the ball, as it is the complete ineptitude of the offensive coaching staff. There are some serious issues in that locker room and they start with the coaching staff.

Any idea what exactly these issues are?

Both of these dudes loved Nebraska football and would have much rather ended their careers here. Sometimes you have to get out of a bad situation.
What does this mean? The his does not seem like a bad situation for Wandale.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT