ADVERTISEMENT

Rut Rohhh!

You mean a group of young men who grew up in a much more tolerant world don’t want to listen to a man who uses the university address to spread his intolerance? No way. I agree with this and as much as Ron Brown is a nice guy these players stand for equality of not only race, but sexuality, religion, and anything you can think of.
Ameer Abdullah (very muslim) loved Ron Brown fyi

No way he starts at Alabama, but he would play and would be nasty there because he would just be another guy that gets single coverage his way. Wouldn't get near the touches, but have a much bigger impact with those touches IMO.
He would not start for either of those team, but they would probably find a way to get him a few touches.

Last edited:
You mean a group of young men who grew up in a much more tolerant world don’t want to listen to a man who uses the university address to spread his intolerance? No way. I agree with this and as much as Ron Brown is a nice guy these players stand for equality of not only race, but sexuality, religion, and anything you can think of.
Wow, just wow. I assume since you state this opinion as fact you know Ron Brown and have spent a lot of time around him.

That’s tough to say as who knows how he would have developed under a real coaching staff over the last two years.

Of course, when you are rolling out guys who couldn’t even be OSU/Bama waterboys in your two deep potentially losing your best offensive player is a big deal.
He's a midget and runs at best a 4.6 40. Alabama and OSU have much better players. He might be Bama's 8th best receiver and wouldn't be getting much playing time there.

Reactions: ATX Husker
It's time to fire Ron Brown! He is responsible for player development off the field. I was very unhappy when he was hired, He is way too conservative and out of touch with today's young men. The guy is very opinionated and just doesn't line up with the majority of skilled players we are recruiting. Just a terrible fit all around.
I don't know if the Wandale rumor is true, I certainly hope not but it is obvious we have a retention problem and that is this guys job!
I'd take him as a position coach for sure. I'm not sure what he's doing in his current position, doesn't seem like much.

Ameer Abdullah (very muslim) loved Ron Brown fyi
I actually remember talking to a former player I worked with and asked about Ron Brown. He did say at the time his stuff got old with some players but he was good with other players. So I’m sure it’s like any coach.

Reactions: headcard
maxresdefault.jpg

If true it could also have to do with wanting to play in the SEC. Other than Ohio State the B1G this year was a cluster**** of mediocrity and administrative incompetence.
I think he’s been in a quandary since he signed with Nebraska, half or more of his family and friends wanted him to go to Kentucky but he wanted to go to Nebraska, and Nebraska losing has fueled his detractors. I don’t think Kentucky will help get him into the nfl but maybe that’s not his goal

I think he’s been in a quandary since he signed with Nebraska, half or more of his family and friends wanted him to go to Kentucky but he wanted to go to Nebraska, and Nebraska losing has fueled his detractors. I don’t think Kentucky will help get him into the nfl but maybe that’s not his goal
Yep. Every single time he goes home we hear that he isn't coming back. This is the way of CFB now, that is way it is so important to develop depth.

It would mainly be due to Vince Marrow - solid recruiter...I think he always liked him and wanted to stay home in Kentucky but felt the big opportunity to be with Frost.

Also, Kentucky doesn't have a QB right now (Wilson went to portal) - I'd take AM over who will start for them. They went 5-6 and threw for less passing yards as a team than we did with us having 3 less games.

Also, Kentucky doesn't have a QB right now (Wilson went to portal) - I'd take AM over who will start for them. They went 5-6 and threw for less passing yards as a team than we did with us having 3 less games.
Maybe he'd be a RB there?

As I said earlier in the season to the Kentucky trolls, Wandale would be stupid to stay at Nebraska under the offensive genius. But, even more idiotic to transfer to Kentucky. He might want to try a program that is anything but an abomination on offense.

Wandale is a successful guy on an unsuccessful team.

What does this mean? It means he is not successful enough to make a difference in the team's success, at least not on a consistent basis. Sometimes he does make a difference, but mostly he does not.

That's not a badge anyone wants to wear.

Also, as to the rumor thing of kids wanting to wear the #1 jersey.. that kind of stuff is so adolescent and self centered, players have to learn to let that go. If it's used as a recruiting tool, fine I guess, but it should only be for one year. Part of me would hesitate on a kid that is too hung up on such a thing. Of all the things that actually matter in football, your jersey number isn't one of them.

If Wandale leaves, I'm not going to worry about it, because he is not a consistent difference maker. It does reinforce that problems exist in the Frost locker room/offense side of the ball.
Wandale will be a Big loss for Nebraska if he is leaving the program. Wandale is our best offensive weapon. Hope he makes a smart decision and stays. Not many transfers work out.

As I said earlier in the season to the Kentucky trolls, Wandale would be stupid to stay at Nebraska under the offensive genius. But, even more idiotic to transfer to Kentucky. He might want to try a program that is anything but an abomination on offense.
Wandale will be fine if he stays but I agree, if transferring why go to a cheesy program like kentucky.

Reactions: headcard and WHCSC
Why not

ADVERTISEMENT