ADVERTISEMENT

rumors about realignment ...

I think it would help taking all the championship stuff off the walls...rhule now has them practicing tackling and now the coaches are louder then the music in practice..we had 10 years of pretty bad leadership..plus we had a target on our back....but I think thats subsiding now
Yeah I never understood that first home game of the season, not sure which Frost year, but they wheeled out these speakers for pregame. Had that garbage playing and stadium music at the same time. I was like what the heck is this crap

Reactions: redwine65
Why? Notre Dame is welcome. Stanford? Meh
We'll see what happens. There are so many rumors out there that it's hard to have any idea of which ones are real and which ones are just floated around to see if they gain any traction.

I have no idea whether Notre Dame is thinking of changing their position relative to being independent but it is feasible that they want Stanford to come with them as a condition. Otherwise I wouldn't be excited about Stanford either. Would much rather have Texas A&M or Florida State if those ever become possible.

We'll see what happens. There are so many rumors out there that it's hard to have any idea of which ones are real and which ones are just floated around to see if they gain any traction.

I have no idea whether Notre Dame is thinking of changing their position relative to being independent but it is feasible that they want Stanford to come with them as a condition. Otherwise I wouldn't be excited about Stanford either. Would much rather have Texas A&M or Florida State if those ever become possible.
Would be nice to have a foothold in Texas for recruiting. Whatever school it is Nebraska would likely play them every year.

This is the dumbest rumor I've seen yet.😂
yes, it's hard to believe anything written on X these days. the fundamentals for b12 expansion are good though. yormark is a nyc hustler. notre dame needs a permanent home. the acc is imploding. the sec and b10 have huge financial advantages. all that is true. what comes of it however is the victim of conjecture at this point in time.

Last edited:
That's hilarious. Michigan would absolutely be the LAST team to leave the B1G for ANY other conference. There's no team more "B1G" than the Wolverines. They're also academic snobs.
that may be but they have the absolute best traditions too ...

Last edited:
You never answered why you live on a Nebraska board? We're not even in the same conference. Is it penis envy of the N?
i've answered your question numerous times. i grew up in sioux city. played with former N recruits at bishop heelan. many family and friends were N. i covered nebraska during much of my working career and became close friends with many N supporters, including ogallala ted. k-state and N were former rivals for decades. we border one another. we recruit a lot of the same dudes. on and on. so i find this place generally entertaining, with like-interests, and mostly friendly.

Last edited:
Reactions: HBK4life
Here are the official govt. reported payouts from each conference to its members for the year ended June 30, 2023;

B12

(A) BAYLOR UNIVERSITY 43,072,005
(B) IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY 42,190,473
(C) UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS 44,104,036
(D) KANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY 45,038,935
(E) UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA 45,195,567
(F) OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY 43,821,197
(G) UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS 44,711,453
(H) TEXAS TECH UNIVERSITY 43,663,496
(I) WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY 41,984,886
(J) TEXAS CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY 48,258,005

ACC (includes ACC network payout)

(A) BOSTON COLLEGE 43,775,117
(B) CLEMSON UNIVERSITY 46,549,033
(C) DUKE UNIVERSITY 45,485,338
(D) FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY 45,235,737
(E) GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECH 43,294,354
(F) NC STATE UNIVERSITY 44,693,428
(G) UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI 43,767,525
(H) UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA 46,850,044
(I) UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA 43,919,757
(J) VIRGINIA TECH 43,698,647
(K) WAKE FOREST UNIVERSITY 44,516,141
(L) UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME 22,104,978
(M) UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH 45,677,735
(N) SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY 44,696,708
(O) UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE 45,208,128

source: wvu board

Last edited:
So what is the incentive to leave the ACC for the Big 12? IF Florida St and/ or Clemson are able to bring in similar value, they do nothing but maintain the status quo. The Big 12 already has a Florida market, Tallahassee isn't that big of a market and Clemson is on par with Ames.

Reactions: HBK4life
So what is the incentive to leave the ACC for the Big 12? IF Florida St and/ or Clemson are able to bring in similar value, they do nothing but maintain the status quo. The Big 12 already has a Florida market, Tallahassee isn't that big of a market and Clemson is on par with Ames.
there are many scenarios. one would be breaking the acc sheds a lot of underperforming assets for espn, like wake, bc, syracuse, pitt and so on. that's millions saved by making it go away.

the other is that fsu and clemson are more valuable in the b12 than as part of the acc because the former is so diluted. so say fsu and clemson are worth $60 million each on a stand alone basis in the b12. then, the conference pays them the elevated value to come play with the other leftovers.

Here are the official govt. reported payouts from each conference to its members for the year ended June 30, 2023;

B12

(A) BAYLOR UNIVERSITY 43,072,005
(B) IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY 42,190,473
(C) UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS 44,104,036
(D) KANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY 45,038,935
(E) UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA 45,195,567
(F) OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY 43,821,197
(G) UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS 44,711,453
(H) TEXAS TECH UNIVERSITY 43,663,496
(I) WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY 41,984,886
(J) TEXAS CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY 48,258,005

ACC (includes ACC network payout)

(A) BOSTON COLLEGE 43,775,117
(B) CLEMSON UNIVERSITY 46,549,033
(C) DUKE UNIVERSITY 45,485,338
(D) FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY 45,235,737
(E) GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECH 43,294,354
(F) NC STATE UNIVERSITY 44,693,428
(G) UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI 43,767,525
(H) UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA 46,850,044
(I) UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA 43,919,757
(J) VIRGINIA TECH 43,698,647
(K) WAKE FOREST UNIVERSITY 44,516,141
(L) UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME 22,104,978
(M) UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH 45,677,735
(N) SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY 44,696,708
(O) UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE 45,208,128

Why are you yelling/screaming information at all of us?

there are many scenarios. one would be breaking the acc sheds a lot of underperforming assets for espn, like wake, bc, syracuse, pitt and so on. that's millions saved by making it go away.

the other is that fsu and clemson are more valuable in the b12 than as part of the acc because the former is so diluted. so say fsu and clemson are worth $60 million each on a stand alone basis in the b12. then, the conference pays them the elevated value to come play with the other leftovers.
Every conference has underperforming assets, adding two more teams to the Big 12 will do nothing but create 2 more underperforming assets for the league.

I am assuming you meant to type, "some say FSU and Clemson are worth $60 mil each. Who are some people?

Every conference has underperforming assets, adding two more teams to the Big 12 will do nothing but create 2 more underperforming assets for the league.

I am assuming you meant to type, "some say FSU and Clemson are worth $60 mil each. Who are some people?
fsu and clemson are worth as much a N or iowa, minnesota, ucla, uw, or illinois. that's a presumption on my part.

fsu and clemson are worth as much a N or iowa, minnesota, ucla, uw, or illinois. that's a presumption on my part.
I am sure they are, but Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota UW or Illinois, individually, aren't the reason that the Big 10 payouts are higher than the Big 12. UCLA by itself, I would say is worth more than Florida St or Clemson. Because they are coupled with USC, by sharing the market, they might be on par with those two (FSU and Clemson).

Also - I do not have the desire to go back thru this thread, but didn't you argue earlier about using facts and actual payouts and not the projected payouts or value? Seems like you are changing your tune to match your opinion.

Tune in tomorrow for another gripping, captivating "somebody on the internet said fsu and clemson to the big 12" thread.

8x96gw.gif

• Haha
Reactions: bigboxes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT