ADVERTISEMENT

Rose-Ivey

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I was referring to Jessie "Hands up don't shoot" Jackson, Al "I owe 6 mil in taxes" Sharpton
Eligha " White Devils" Muhammad, Jerimah "Goddamn America" Wright.

You're pretty fly for a white guy Beav! Top notch social justice warrior also.
You're gonna have to connect the dots for me...do they say the things and then the money jumps in their wallet like the cocaine did to Greg Hardy? Because it's kinda got that feel to it like how people say it sounds like being on welfare is super awesome, you just have this great life without working, and yet you don't know anyone who actually quits a decent job to do it...

you just have this great life without working, and yet you don't know anyone who actually quits a decent job to do it...

Oh boy, you're extremely desperate with your responses.

Oh I'm sorry, "often." We'd better pin that down because it greatly impacts the meaning. It's one phrase that doesn't describe a specific number versus another.

Yes, it makes a difference, glad you owned yp to your mistake. There's plenty of other responses from you to do the same.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
As opposed to the profound substance you've introduced by quibbling over "going to charge" vs. "did charge" and "all the time" vs "often."

Going to charge means it hasn't happened.

Did charge means it happened.

There's a huge difference between the four meanings. Go ahead, keep circling a wagon to argue with yourself. It's extremely comical.

There's a huge difference between the four meanings. Go ahead, keep circling a wagon to argue with yourself. It's extremely comical.
1396a592b6d7630d15869700ff3e8297895eac056e9874671543d873052ab962.jpg

Reactions: ThrowBones92

The notable difference being that the prosecutors in Tulsa chose to charge the alleged crime by complaint rather than convene a grand jury. Which, for those who are paying attention, is a sign of progress in and of itself.

The notable difference being that the prosecutors in Tulsa chose to charge the alleged crime by complaint rather than convene a grand jury. Which, for those who are paying attention, is a sign of progress in and of itself.

For me, it doesn't matter why or how it happened but instead, it happened.

Reactions: tarheelhusker
You're gonna have to connect the dots for me...do they say the things and then the money jumps in their wallet like the cocaine did to Greg Hardy? Because it's kinda got that feel to it like how people say it sounds like being on welfare is super awesome, you just have this great life without working, and yet you don't know anyone who actually quits a decent job to do it...

Like I posted, they are race pimps ( well Eligha Muhammad is a long time dead,my $ is on Louis "Calypso Louie" Farrakhan doin' him & Malcom X in) their flocks pass the hat, guess who takes the hat Beav.

I have no idea about Coke & Greg Hardy, not worth my time to search. Myself, I think welfare is needed, but not 4 to 5 generations. I don't know who gave you the idea "welfare is super awesome". I live in a poor county in WVU., 14% unemployment, no jobs, hurtin' bad & 97% white. Politicans & preachers do well.

Welfare sucks but it puts food in the little ones, providing their meth / heroin addicted parent(s) don't trade it for dope. I can't answer your last question, I don't anyone that quits any job around here. Come to Apalatcha, tell me poverty ain't spread deep, knows no color.

Outside people call us white trash, hillbillies & 'necks. We might be, but we'll always stand when the Anthem is sang or the Pledge is said.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, over 26 people have been shot in Chicago alone since this thread has started and as we reflect upon this. I'm sure the victims are feeling good knowing there is awareness about a handful of shootings around the US.

It's entirely possible to be concerned about what is happening in Chicago and to be concerned about excessive use of force.

I'll let you do it. I wouldn't wanna hijack your narrative on the road to "Everything that is wrong with race relations today is Obama's fault somehow" land
No examples - I understand. Speaking of race relations, how are other races and minority groups dealing with police shootings in their communities?

I have severed ties with 8 gang bangers. Back when they started bangin' their motto was to protect the youth of the community because the police weren't. Just the other day at the dinner table, they said they were going to start shooting and killing police just because. So I severed my relationships.

Next week on A&E's Things I Write on Internet Forums to Prove a Point.

Just what the heck is that supposed to mean. That police and gang-bangers provide the same level of service to the community? That they are supposed to provide the same level of service? I think you believed you were saying something clever but it is just incomprehensible.

Just what the heck is that supposed to mean. That police and gang-bangers provide the same level of service to the community? That they are supposed to provide the same level of service? I think you believed you were saying something clever but it is just incomprehensible.

Nah. I think most comprehend my post.

Really well thought out response here by Coach Pop

“I think it’s really dangerous to answer such important questions that have confounded so many people for hundreds of years, to ask me to give you my solutions, as if I had any, in 30 seconds. So if you want to be specific about a question, I’ll be more than happy to answer it because I think race is the elephant in the room in our country. The social situation that we’ve all experienced is absolutely disgusting in a lot of ways. What’s really interesting is the people that jump right away to say, one is attacking the police, or the people that jump on the other side. It’s a question where understanding and empathy has to trump, no pun intended, has to trump any quick reactions of an ideological or demagogical nature. It’s a topic that can’t just be swung at, people have to be very accurate and direct in what they say and do."

“I absolutely understand why they’re doing what they’re doing, and I respect their courage for what they’ve done. The question is whether it will do any good or not because it seems that change really seems to happen through political pressure, no matter how you look at it. Whether it’s Dr. (Martin Luther) King getting large groups together and boycotting buses, or what’s happened in Carolina with the NBA and other organizations pulling events to make it known what’s going on. But I think the important thing that Kaepernick and others have done is to keep it in the conversation. When’s the last time you heard the name Michael Brown? With our 24/7 news, things seem to drift. We’re all trying to just exist and survive.

“It’s easier for white people because we haven’t lived that experience. It’s difficult for many white people to understand the day-to-day feeling that many black people have to deal with. It’s not just a rogue policeman, or a policeman exerting too much force or power, when we know that most of the police are just trying to do their job, which is very difficult. I’d be scared to death if I was a policeman and I stopped a car. You just don’t know what’s going to happen. And part of that in our country is exacerbated by the preponderance of guns that other countries don’t have to deal with. It gets very complicated.

“At this point, when somebody like Kaepernick brings attention to this, and others who have, it makes people have to face the issue because it’s too easy to let it go because it’s not their daily experience. If it’s not your daily experience, you don’t understand it. I didn’t talk to my kids about how to act in front of a policeman when you get stopped. I didn’t have to do that. All of my black friends have done that. There’s something that’s wrong about that, and we all know that. What’s the solution? Nobody has figured it out. But for sure, the conversation has to stay fresh, it has to stay continuous, it has to be persistent, and we all have a responsibility to make sure that happens in our communities.”

More words with nothing behind them but empathy. No offense but what solutions did he bring forth? He eloquently said. I'm white, I don't know what the black community goes through on a daily basis but I don't go through the same stuff. I am ok with them protesting. We have to keep this in the forefront and not let it go away like Michael Brown.

Sounds much different when you read his because of the wording, vocabulary and sentence structure but what does it really say? It's just a hooker in an evening gown.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
More words with nothing behind them but empathy. No offense but what solutions did he bring forth? He eloquently said. I'm white, I don't know what the black community goes through on a daily basis but I don't go through the same stuff. I am ok with them protesting. We have to keep this in the forefront and not let it go away like Michael Brown.

Sounds much different when you read his because of the wording, vocabulary and sentence structure but what does it really say? It's just a hooker in an evening gown.

Solutions? Greatly reduce the number of laws at the local, state and federal levels. Abolish all laws involving the activities of consenting adults. Abolish public sector unions. Create a force separate from the police to investigate police misconduct, make the members of this force completely anonymous so they can't face retribution. Stop recommending more training when a cop clearly abuses his power, fire them and if warranted prosecute them and send them to the clink if convicted. Greatly increase the pay of good cops and give bonuses to cops who are able to deescalate volatile situations. Prosecutors who conceal evidence should be charged with felonies. As for other problems facing many primarily black communities, there are some things the government could do (or stop doing) but the heavy lifting will have to be done by members of the communities themselves, but they'll be a lot better able to do the lifting if the sorts of barriers erected by years of bad legislation are removed. School reform, lifting the many onerous regulations that stymie economic development in inner city neighborhoods, etc.

Did I specifically get onto MRI's Twitter to see if I could find an instance of somebody tweeting at him with a visible comment like that and reply to it?
I'm an idiot. I read your comment as, "I (you) heard Nebraska fans calling out MRI during the game."

In my defense I was back helping with harvest and trying to catch up some HO reading while on the field and I got rushed. Thanks for the response though.

Solutions? Greatly reduce the number of laws at the local, state and federal levels. Abolish all laws involving the activities of consenting adults. Abolish public sector unions. Create a force separate from the police to investigate police misconduct, make the members of this force completely anonymous so they can't face retribution. Stop recommending more training when a cop clearly abuses his power, fire them and if warranted prosecute them and send them to the clink if convicted. Greatly increase the pay of good cops and give bonuses to cops who are able to deescalate volatile situations. Prosecutors who conceal evidence should be charged with felonies. As for other problems facing many primarily black communities, there are some things the government could do (or stop doing) but the heavy lifting will have to be done by members of the communities themselves, but they'll be a lot better able to do the lifting if the sorts of barriers erected by years of bad legislation are removed. School reform, lifting the many onerous regulations that stymie economic development in inner city neighborhoods, etc.

I see some of these as good ideas and others as starting points for further discussion. How many pages did it take for a series of possible solutions to be listed out.

Thanks for putting them out to see.

Like I posted, they are race pimps ( well Eligha Muhammad is a long time dead,my $ is on Louis "Calypso Louie" Farrakhan doin' him & Malcom X in) their flocks pass the hat, guess who takes the hat Beav.

I have no idea about Coke & Greg Hardy, not worth my time to search. Myself, I think welfare is needed, but not 4 to 5 generations. I don't know who gave you the idea "welfare is super awesome". I live in a poor county in WVU., 14% unemployment, no jobs, hurtin' bad & 97% white. Politicans & preachers do well.

Welfare sucks but it puts food in the little ones, providing their meth / heroin addicted parent(s) don't trade it for dope. I can't answer your last question, I don't anyone that quits any job around here. Come to Apalatcha, tell me poverty ain't spread deep, knows no color.

Outside people call us white trash, hillbillies & 'necks. We might be, but we'll always stand when the Anthem is sang or the Pledge is said.

I'm curious, what percentage of folks on welfare do you think are drug addicts and drug slingers?

Do you regularly stand at home or in the bar when you're watching a game or other event that shows the anthem being played? Or is it just the times when the social contract requires you to do so that you stand at attention? Just curious.

I'm curious, what percentage of folks on welfare do you think are drug addicts and drug slingers?

Do you regularly stand at home or in the bar when you're watching a game or other event that shows the anthem being played? Or is it just the times when the social contract requires you to do so that you stand at attention? Just curious.

Is the correct protocol to stand when the anthem is played wherever you hear it or only when you are physically present at the venue where the anthem is being played?

This may have been mentioned, but the folks challenging the Husker kneelers do "do something" and that their silly kneeling will never have an impact:

1) He is planning to talk to the police department in Omaha once the season is over.
2) As everyone is likely aware, he's meeting with the Governor of Nebraska. if you don't think that his hope is to have a productive conversation that leads to positive change for the state and ALL of its people, then I can't help you.
3) the fact that he is bringing awareness to what is actually going on in our country may not have gotten through to the hearts of people who aren't willing to contemplate that there are things going on they are either unaware of or reject even exists, even in the face of the facts, that you're not the target. The target audience is the greater majority of people who understand why this is happening, are willing to look introspectively as well as outwardly in their own communities, and be willing to consider the conversation with friends, family, others.

The race relation issues and institutionalized racism in this country will only change when people's hearts change. Policy and legislation isn't going to fix this at the root level, in fact without a heart change, it will only drive greater divide in the generation's of folks who grip their beliefs so firmly that they're unwilling to consider any other way. And people's hearts are only going to change once they are confronted with truth and are willing to talk about the issues. So while none of what has happened or been said may change your mind or heart, it doesn't mean that this movement isn't positively impacting other people, families, and communities who are asking, "what can I do to help?" instead of saying "it won't make a difference," "there is no problem," or they make themselves so emotionally unable to cope with someone doing something they disagree with that they feel the need to attack the person and his/her cause. Attacking someone else's choices says more about the attackers emotional inability and insecurity to cope with disagreement.

Is the correct protocol to stand when the anthem is played wherever you hear it or only when you are physically present at the venue where the anthem is being played?

As it was told to me. When you hear the anthem, you turn and face the flag. If no flag is present, you turn and face the source of the anthem. No matter where you are, no matter what you're doing.

Edit: not preaching, just how it was explained to me.

Reactions: ThrowBones92
You know with everything coming together this season this was really the last thing we need as a team and a program.

I really don't want a return to the US vs THEM mentality. It's not productive and it's not healthy.

I don't know what correct protocol is. My point is that many of the folks who want to make this a holy war about standing for the flag and everything it stands for very likely do not stand every time it is displayed or the anthem is played - including if they are watching a game on TV anywhere. If they aren't standing every time, but only doing it when the social contract requires, well, the hypocrisy is fairly evident, and that even they're not giving the full respect to the flag, anthem, country they profess that it deserves. People get so upset when THEIR moral code (which I would guess has evolved as they themselves have grown and learned) isn't observed by others, as if everyone should have the same moral code they do. We're not talking about getting away with murder, we're talking about a civil right to peacefully protest.

If I was watching a game at my house, and one of my guest stood up to watch the TV in reverence as the anthem played, I would probably turn and turn to stare at him in mild amusement.

Frankly, the anthem doesn't mean much to me. It's not a very interesting song which is frequently sung over dramatically. It has little to do with what I love about this country. I think a juicy burger is a better symbol for America.

But, there is a difference between not really caring for the ceremony and making a point to not take part in it. I think it is valid for folks to make a distinction between the actions of Rose-Ivey and others and the lack of enthusiasm they have for the tradition when no one is watching. And I say that as someone who supports their right to protest in this manner.

During the national anthem or when the flag is raised or lowered you are supposed to stand at attention and remove any hats. Saluting or placing your hand over your heart is the distinction between persons who have honorably served and citizens. This is optional.

Look it up. The protocol is when you are at the live venue or present at the playing. There is no protocol for sitting around your house or at a bar.

Thanks for sharing! I learned something today!

A lady where I used to work had a son in the military. She convinced site management to play the anthem over the intercom at work. Soooooo, flag protocol was rolled out. She'd play the anthem over the intercom. Everyone would stop what they're doing, and turn and face the flag (if you could see the flagpole) or face the intercom at attention. The displays of patriotism went on for once a week for about 6 months. After her son was dishonorably discharged, it stopped.

You don't have to stand when the ceremony or presentation is on TV or on the radio. Only when a person.

If you are not able to stand then that is fine but if you have a hat on you should remove it

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT