ADVERTISEMENT

Rob Dvoracek - new linebackers coach

I watch football where it looks like a team’s offense or defense is cooking a bit. I don’t who the coaches are past the OC or DC, if that. I suspect good coaches are also pretty decent coaches when young. Rhule has a rep for having an eye for coaching talent. So I’ll assume these people know what they are doing until proven otherwise.

Brutal. My Husker heartbreaker was down at Jerry world when Suh dominated but the refs put one second back on the clock to lose to UTerus.
I was in Jerry World that night also in a skybox with all Longhorn fans. Tough ending. But that night in Tempe was absolutely brutal. And tough to watch Frost that night also.

Why the hell should he hire somebody who he isn’t sure can do the job?
Dinglefritz if this was how everyone looked at new hires, would anyone new ever get hired? Seriously… Only hiring people you know is literally the definition of nepotism. Literally!!!!

And at one point in Matt’s life he didn’t probably know any of these people. So 🤷‍♂️

And if that’s how he thinks, well shit, no wonder why he went 11-27 in the NFL

when you stick to script in football, you become predictable and start losing

Last edited:
I was in Jerry World that night also in a skybox with all Longhorn fans. Tough ending. But that night in Tempe was absolutely brutal. And tough to watch Frost that night also.
So you're to blame for 2 of our jinx games??? 😉😁

• Haha
Reactions: headcard
We just have to have what every successful doctor has......patience
That’s what people said for Riley and that’s what people said for Frost. Shit did not capitalize. What we need is winners

Literally every coach who didn’t pan out preached patience at first.

We just have to have what every successful doctor has......patience
Which coach that won a P5 conference yesterday did it take “patience” to get it done? Which coach in the playoff did it take “patience” to get it done? TCU was 5-7 in 2021. This year they are in the playoff. Kstate was bad before Klieman came. He went 8-5 first year!!! When has patience ever paid off?

Dinglefritz if this was how everyone looked at new hires, would anyone new ever get hired? Seriously… Only hiring people you know is literally the definition of nepotism. Literally!!!!

And at one point in Matt’s life he didn’t probably know any of these people. So 🤷‍♂️

And if that’s how he thinks, well shit, no wonder why he went 11-27 in the NFL

when you stick to script in football, you become predictable and start losing
Ok Karen

Nick Saban was also coach at MSU in 95 when we won 50-10. Spurrier was coach at Florida when we won 62-24. We were that damn good that year. Best ever!! GBR!!
You know what Nick Saban has also done thru the years? Hired people he didn’t really know or previously worked with. Which is the whole point of what we are talking about. Geeze how many coordinators has Nick had at Bama?

Get a clue. You just proved my point and you didn’t realize it

Nicks not one for a wet blanket

• Love
Reactions: Danimal4NU
Nepotism- let me google that for you

And “ok Karen, how original”.
You’re “all in” with your criticism. So you think he should have scoured the country picking a guy here and a guy there that had NO F’N IDEA how to teach or run the defense he wants to run. Yeah that oughta work. You know who did that? Eichorst when he made Riley fire Banker and bring Diaco in. Or Pedie when he made Callahan and Cozgrove hire Elmassian because he was supposedly a great recruiter. Makes no sense

Last edited:
Which coach that won a P5 conference yesterday did it take “patience” to get it done? Which coach in the playoff did it take “patience” to get it done? TCU was 5-7 in 2021. This year they are in the playoff. Kstate was bad before Klieman came. He went 8-5 first year!!! When has patience ever paid off?

I wouldn't say K-State was bad before Klieman. Snyder took them to 8 bowl games in a row before going 5-7 his last season.

You’re “all in” with your criticism. So you think he should have scoured the country picking a guy here and a guy there that had NO F’N IDEA how to teach or run the defense he wants to run. Yeah that oughta work. You know who did that? Eichorst when he made Riley fire Banker and bring Diaco Or Pedie when he made Callahan and Cozgrove hire Elmassian because was supposedly a great recruiter. Makes no sense
I would love for us to hire a coach who loves the game enough to study so many people that he sees a film and says “yeah, hell yeah. I see what coach blah blah is doing down there and I’d love to work for him”… if a coach can’t spot coaching talent outside of the only people he knows, then how will he ever grow? I want a coach who continues to grow and doesn’t stagnant

I would love for us to hire a coach who loves the game enough to study so many people that he sees a film and says “yeah, hell yeah. I see what coach blah blah is doing down there and I’d love to work for him”… if a coach can’t spot coaching talent outside of the only people he knows, then how will he ever grow? I want a coach who continues to grow and doesn’t stagnant
What the hell do you think he’s doing. You better go look at his coaching tree for how young he is.

You know what Nick Saban has also done thru the years? Hired people he didn’t really know or previously worked with. Which is the whole point of what we are talking about. Geeze how many coordinators has Nick had at Bama?

Get a clue. You just proved my point and you didn’t realize it

Nicks not one for a wet blanket

Yeah, Dabo too went out and hired Brent Venables and Chad Morris to be his coordinators, two guys he hadn't worked with before but were successful coordinators. Kirby Smart similarly hired Todd Monken and Will Muschamp. Ryan Day poached Jim Knowles away from Ok State. You don't see too many blue-blood programs hiring assistants whose only college coaching experience is at FCS or mid-major level programs.

What was Rhule's record here his first year? His second?

defenSe, so just give me a guy with the last name that begins with S. makes as much sense as the rest of this. maybe the hc, oc, and dc want guys that are going to execute orders and be young enough to recruit young men and get along with them.

Yeah, Dabo too went out and hired Brent Venables and Chad Morris to be his coordinators, two guys he hadn't worked with before but were successful coordinators. Kirby Smart similarly hired Todd Monken and Will Muschamp. Ryan Day poached Jim Knowles away from Ok State. You don't see too many blue-blood programs hiring assistants whose only college coaching experience is at FCS or mid-major level programs.
Dabo was a f’n WR coach. He wasnt going to dictate the defense. Dabo HAD to hire guys who could call an offense or defense. Rhule hired an experienced play caller who has worked for him before. We’ll see who his DC is but for crying out loud. Getting bent out of shape over hiring a linebacker coach he likes IS INSANE.

Dabo was a f’n WR coach. He wasnt going to dictate the defense. Dabo HAD to hire guys who could call an offense or defense. Rhule hired an experienced play caller who has worked for him before. We’ll see who his DC is but for crying out loud. Getting bent out of shape over hiring a linebacker coach he likes IS INSANE.
Just a LB coach? Just the LB coach? Seriously?!?!

At best, that’s just the RB, D-Line, and LB coach

And the irony I saw the same shit under Riley. Everting. The “time card… it’s going to take time”. The nepotism. Just like it was then, it’s just about getting his peps a big fat paycheck.

And you all act like you aren’t getting rope-a-doped again.

Part of me wants to scream at you all and part of me just wants to hug you all. We love this program so much we are willing to be fooled again.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78

And the irony I saw the same shit under Riley. Everting. The “time card… it’s going to take time”. The nepotism.

Part of me wants to struggle you all and part of me just wants to hug you all. We love this program so much we are willing to be fooled.
Just stop. You’ve bitched about every single hire. We get it. You don’t like Rhule.

Rhule hired an an experienced play caller whose offenses have been statistically terrible. I hope it works out but Satterfield does not have an impressive resume by any means.

And the irony I saw the same shit under Riley. Everting. The “time card… it’s going to take time”. The nepotism. Just like it was then, it’s just about getting his peps a big fat paycheck.

Part of me wants to scream at you all and part of me just wants to hug you all. We love this program so much we are willing to be fooled again.

Same as under Riley? What?

Riley hired a bunch of old guys at the end of their coaching careers: Banker, Cav, Hughes, Reed. If anything these hires you are upset about are much more like what we got under Pelini: Ekler, Papuchis, Garrison, Beck.

Riley hired a bunch of old guys at the end of their coaching careers: Banker, Cav, Hughes, Reed. If anything these hires you are upset about are much more like what we got under Pelini: Ekler, Papuchis, Garrison, Beck.
9-10 wins baby.

Just stop. You’ve bitched about every single hire. We get it. You don’t like Rhule.
I’ve really only bitched about Mike And Matt. Fact. My handle use to be Spinner4. Go back to and fact check that. I’m not always right and I sure as hell hope I’m wrong about Matt but I’ve at least learned in life when it lucks like a duck, talks like a duck, walks like a duck, it’s a duck.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624

I was excited AF with Bo. Who wasn’t?

And if your quoting Riley, why do you go for Bo? That’s not who I stated

I’ve really only bitched about Mike And Matt. Fact. My handle use to be Spinner4. Go back to and fact check that. I’m not always right and I sure as hell hope I’m wrong about Matt but I’ve at least learned in life when it lucks like a duck, talks like a duck, walks like a duck, it’s a duck.
I was talking about Rhule and his assistants. You’ve been non-stop. We get it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT