ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule out?

Not according to his recent interview where he stated that he is anxious to get back to coaching soon.
I don't remember who, but someone made the excellent point that he doesn't need the job himself but he is loyal to his staff and doesn't want to sit out because those guys are all going to be out of a job and scattered out soon.

Reactions: dinglefritz
The job has been open since early September, if we could have landed someone outside of the current coaching ranks we would have announced by now. No reason to wait with December signing period coming up. It's still possible we end up with Rhule but he's waiting for the landscape to change first. I'm preparing for a Leipold/Klieman hire, and will be happy with it.

I really think Rhule is waiting to see if somebody flips Franklin out of PSU. Lots of smoke that Auburn wants Franklin.
I don't understand why anyone would want to go to Auburn. Youre 2nd fiddle in your own state, probably 4th best program in your division. They fire guys that win national titles and go to NY6 bowl games. I dont think Franklin leaves Penn State anytime soon. He couldve had USC last year.

I don't understand why anyone would want to go to Auburn. Youre 2nd fiddle in your own state, probably 4th best program in your division. They fire guys that win national titles and go to NY6 bowl games. I dont think Franklin leaves Penn State anytime soon. He couldve had USC last year.
If Saban ever retires it's a much better job. 5 years ago it was a death sentence.

Supposedly USC stiffed him. It’s one of the reasons he fired his agent.

Reactions: Hford

"As one astute observer has noted, Rhule thought he’d get the Nebraska or Wisconsin job. Now, he may be left with Arizona State. Or maybe West Virginia, if the folks 30 miles up the road from me dig deep to pay the balance the amounts due and owing to a head coach who clearly needs to go."

I guess we can Rhule him out then.
tenor.gif

I was going to write that he is arguably in the 3rd best job in the big ten, even with the additions of USC and UCLA, he is no worse than 5 or 6. What sense does it make to go to Auburn where he would be like 7th at best?

They're just passing on message board stuff and then people are posting their stuff here! It's a vicious cycle!
True but if we really had Rhule locked in we would get the ball rolling already for signing day. Love to be wrong and things may change. Trev has to be looking for a way to please the fanbase, he just can't right now. Think it's someone that is still coaching. I like Leipold where many think he's a settle hire, so that makes my perspective different.

Reactions: headcard
I was going to write that he is arguably in the 3rd best job in the big ten, even with the additions of USC and UCLA, he is no worse than 5 or 6. What sense does it make to go to Auburn where he would be like 7th at best?
New contract and the numbers seem to be getting Bigger? . There’s been rumors since last winter that he’s unhappy with PSU

I would have been happy with Rhule as the NFL must have thought highly of him. But his college resume was limited and his teams at Baylor were Brile's recruits. He is also quite slovenly - doesn't project the image that a Mike Gundy, Dabo Sweeney, Urbs etc. project. I am OK with psychologically moving on.

^^This^^

Franklin was born and raised in Langhorne, PA, went to East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania. Taking the PSU job was returning back home for him, he isn’t going to Auburn to play second fiddle to Alabama.

^^This^^

Franklin was born and raised in Langhorne, PA, went to East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania. Taking the PSU job was returning back home for him, he isn’t going to Auburn to play second fiddle to Alabama.
Have you ever heard the saying you can never go home. Sometimes our nostalgia for the past doesn’t equal the present. He’s not a PSU alum and there has been lots of smoke that he’s unhappy in Happy Valley. He fired his agent after he didn’t get the USC job last year.

Just read on on3 that this is fake news? God, I hope so.
If true he made a wise decision. listening to all that is said on this board, the players are crap, the current coaching staff is crap, the attitude of the program is crap. Throwing money at a problem doesn't always work, taking money to try to solve a problem isn't working either. The job has been a career killer for the last 5 coaches, the word is out and Rhule apparently doesn't want any part of it.

If true he made a wise decision. listening to all that is said on this board, the players are crap, the current coaching staff is crap, the attitude of the program is crap. Throwing money at a problem doesn't always work, taking money to try to solve a problem isn't working either. The job has been a career killer for the last 5 coaches, the word is out and Rhule apparently doesn't want any part of it.
I guess the mods didn’t get rid of all of this nut’s accounts on here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT